the gods..

sirWOW

Chieftain
yeah their have been alot of threads that have be related to the gods and thier powers and influnces but I want to know as much as possiable about them as I am sure most of us do like what do they do in thier hevanes and hells and valuts? what are their hevanes hells and valuts like? what are there relationships with one other and humanity?

Well, I'm sure Magister will be in here shortly to fill you in on all the details, but I'll give it a shot.
Each god has a seperate vault (heaven/hell) which is an reflective of their sphere that they are. For example, if you look in Sphener's pedia entry, it shows that Junil's vault is very ordery with almost everything having a law that govern's it. When Bhall fell, she actually left her original domain (one of holy fire) and crashed into Agares' vault, Nyx. around the area where she landed you get the classic hell look of fire and brimstone but in the rest of Agares' vault it's a more dark and gloomy place. It is worth noting that Agares originally had a very beautiful vault before he fell and was still the god of hope, but destroyed it all after his fall to spite the One. As for the relationship with humanity, they can only act through their followers, so the gods with a religion in game are some of the most active, but others include Ceridwin, Mammon (through Hastur, his archangel and the OO) and the rest of the evil gods, who are tend to be more manipulative than the good gods. and of course Danalin is asleep so he has no concious relationship with his followers.

As for their relation with eachother, they tend to get along well with the other gods whose spheres match theirs, while they don't get along very well with gods whose sphere's are opposite of thiers. For instance, Mulcarn and Bhall are still huge enemies despite the fact that they are both evil. Sirona, the godess of spirit, is tended to be treated like a little sister by the other good gods due to her (excessive) compassion for others. She is the only (?) god who believes that Agares can be redeemed.

Each gods power in Creation is dependent on how stong and faithful his followers are. The compact dissalows the use of direct divine interference by the gods but the more that a group of people in Erebus are loyal to the god (knowingly or unknowingly) the more the gods can act. For instance, Agares can't put a Balor in the middle of Torrolerial but if Bannor armies and marching into Sheiam lands, if people call for his aid, he can slip in a few demons. Technically, the stronger demons shouldn't ever be allowed out of hell terrain due without breaking the Compact but that's not in the game to make it more fun.
Basically, for the evil side, where the corruption spreads, demons can go.

Well, I'm sure Magister will be in here shortly to fill you in on all the details, but I'll give it a shot.
Each god has a seperate vault (heaven/hell) which is an reflective of their sphere that they are. For example, if you look in Sphener's pedia entry, it shows that Junil's vault is very ordery with almost everything having a law that govern's it. When Bhall fell, she actually left her original domain (one of holy fire) and crashed into Agares' vault, Nyx. around the area where she landed you get the classic hell look of fire and brimstone but in the rest of Agares' vault it's a more dark and gloomy place. It is worth noting that Agares originally had a very beautiful vault before he fell and was still the god of hope, but destroyed it all after his fall to spite the One. As for the relationship with humanity, they can only act through their followers, so the gods with a religion in game are some of the most active, but others include Ceridwin, Mammon (through Hastur, his archangel and the OO) and the rest of the evil gods, who are tend to be more manipulative than the good gods. and of course Danalin is asleep so he has no concious relationship with his followers.

As for their relation with eachother, they tend to get along well with the other gods whose spheres match theirs, while they don't get along very well with gods whose sphere's are opposite of thiers. For instance, Mulcarn and Bhall are still huge enemies despite the fact that they are both evil. Sirona, the godess of spirit, is tended to be treated like a little sister by the other good gods due to her (excessive) compassion for others. She is the only (?) god who believes that Agares can be redeemed.

Each gods power in Creation is dependent on how stong and faithful his followers are. The compact dissalows the use of direct divine interference by the gods but the more that a group of people in Erebus are loyal to the god (knowingly or unknowingly) the more the gods can act. For instance, Agares can't put a Balor in the middle of Torrolerial but if Bannor armies and marching into Sheiam lands, if people call for his aid, he can slip in a few demons. Technically, the stronger demons shouldn't ever be allowed out of hell terrain due without breaking the Compact but that's not in the game to make it more fun.
Basically, for the evil side, where the corruption spreads, demons can go.

I would like to ask you not to email me again I share email with my dad and I don't want to recive emails from indivial people who I have never met before so if you did send me the email please do not do so again I am not teryin to be rude just would like to infrom you I don't want to get in trouble with my parents and I thank you for this information.

I would like to ask you not to email me again I share email with my dad and I don't want to recive emails from indivial people who I have never met before so if you did send me the email please do not do so again I am not teryin to be rude just would like to infrom you I don't want to get in trouble with my parents and I thank you for this information.

You may want to change your profile settings so that members can't email you if this is your preference.

On the original topic thats a pretty hefty question, and we have various pieces of information scattered around the forum. I wish the wiki would have worked out better. Maybe I should be hunting for a new stable wiki to host the FfH information.

huh, I emailed you? is there a thing that does that cause all I did was hit the quote button :confused:
thanks for informing me though

on the other hand, it would be very great to have a stable place to have all this info. it's very interesting and I reference would be awesome!

He probably has on the option that makes it email him whenever someone posts on a thread to which he is subscribed. I think it is like that by default. It took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. I think I still get emails about people posting in those first few threads every once in a while, but not in any thread I've only posted in since then.

oh thanks. yeah, that's probably it. I don't check my own email all that often so I didn't realize that exsisted until now. (when I went to delete my 30 something emails :lol: ) good to know I accidentally didn't do something wierd.

to keep it on topic though anyone know more on Camulos and Aeron? They don't seem to get much mention aside from the Odio entry. I also know that one of them has a perpetual war going on in their vault (camulos right?). but aside from that nothing really. so do they actively try to manipulate like the other evil gods do (which seems a bit too subtle for them) or do they just ignore what's going on?

oh thanks. yeah, that's probably it. I don't check my own email all that often so I didn't realize that exsisted until now. (when I went to delete my 30 something emails :lol: ) good to know I accidentally didn't do something wierd.

to keep it on topic though anyone know more on Camulos and Aeron? They don't seem to get much mention aside from the Odio entry. I also know that one of them has a perpetual war going on in their vault (camulos right?). but aside from that nothing really. so do they actively try to manipulate like the other evil gods do (which seems a bit too subtle for them) or do they just ignore what's going on?

huh I thought it was the god of knowlge's valut that was under siege?

The vault of Ogmha, the God of Knowledge, vault is under siege by the forces of Mammon, the God of the Mind. In Kael's D&D game Erebus was this vault, but that is not the case in FfH. It was covered with a thick mist that would wipe the memory of any one but an Angel fo Oghma, including Mammon's demons, and drive them mad. As such, the demons who actually entered the world had no idea who they were. Many cults were formed around such demons, and the mindless undead were used as they would not be driven mad by the mist. I believe that there were many civilizations of men who did not know they had died living here on islands in the seas of mist, and pirates sailing in the mist itself. I believe the Calabim were in this plain, and their capital Prespur of the Storms was located near the great maelstrom where new souls would enter the plain. Lita the Witch was actually an angel of Oghma living among humans, who was taken and raped by a powerful demon (possibly Mammon's Archangel Hastur himself) in order to spawn demons immune to the effect of the mist. In FfH, Lita was a mortal who was raped because her children would keep demonic powers without as many restrictions from The Compact. The details of the siege are quite different, but I think Kael said this vault is still besieged in FfH too.

The vault of Camulos, the God of Chaos, is in a constant state of civil war. Every one of the demons serving him in trying to usurp his godhood, and fighting to stop their rivals from doing so first. They often make temporary alliances, but will inevitably betray them.

I don't believe that Kael has ever released an specific information on Aeron's Vault. As Aeron is an evil god his vault is obviously tied to those of the other evil gods and composes one level of hell, one step in the process of processing mortal souls into demons. Like in all layers of hell it appears that one can earn his way out by exemplifying its god's aspect (in this case antipathy for others, selfishness, and base emotions like lust and gluttony) but this is an illusion; this "escape" is the entry to a lower level of hell where one's virtues are further destroyed and vices increased as one becomes increasingly demonic. It would appear that acting out the opposing virtues would lead to failure, but that is how one could actually earn one's way to a higher vault and eventually find rest in the Netherworld or even make it into one of the heavens.

Top Bottom