The Huns & Attila's carthage (an observation)

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I've been thinking, something about the screenshot isn't right

Spoiler :

Here are my observations (conspiracy theorist unite)

1. Carthage has only FOUR cities present at this time (and so does the main player/Netherlands)

2. Why would the Carthage conquer (succesfully) a whole nation with only 2-3 cities (and more so, why would The Huns have only ONE city and not expand?)

3. Does it really mean that Hun's aren't able to build cities at all?

4. Is it possible that Atilla's Court is actually a Carthagian city (which, believe me, I don't believe it is, but it's a possibilty)

5. Ignorign all the above, this could really be just a screenshot set up in a way, maybe it's all placed, and a real game isn't happening

It's pretty obvious actually.

Check the turn time vs. the beaker/turn vs. the type of units. Even an AI can do better than that!

At 1300+ bpt, we could have finished the tech tree by then, or at least be very close.

Actually, if it's true that there is a new era, then its' very plausible the game is not longer, meaning it takes more turn to finish

Beacuse of this, they haven't adjusted the rate of years per turn (like 200 years for the beginning, and 1 year at the end) this is techncially a BETA, and I doubt they would make a priority of the rate. they have better things, we don't know when these screenshots were actually made. They could be months old, and only released now.

I don't think it's 1300+ bpt, it looks like +371. if you look closely, you can see the horizontal dash going through the vertical one.

-Mark

Attila's court never was a Carthaginian city, but it was a Hunnic city. The Huns are confirmed in the game. Looking at that mini-map, it's entirely possible to fit three civs there comfortably, but Carthage expanded west instead of east. This set up conflict between Carthage and the Huns. Even leaving aside the argument that the whole picture was set up (which most believe anyway), that's the easiest explanation.

#2 - This can be from just being a set-up to show off a few things. It could even have been set-up as a hotseat game so they could show off multiple new civs without having to set-up multiple games.

#4 - This isn't possible, because Attila's Court has the puppet icon. If it were a Carthage City it couldn't have that icon as long as Carthage owns the city. Even if they had to retake it after it was captured, it wouldn't even give the puppet option to its original owner.

#2 - This can be from just being a set-up to show off a few things. It could even have been set-up as a hotseat game so they could show off multiple new civs without having to set-up multiple games.

#4 - This isn't possible, because Attila's Court has the puppet icon. If it were a Carthage City it couldn't have that icon as long as Carthage owns the city. Even if they had to retake it after it was captured, it wouldn't even give the puppet option to its original owner.

It's funny how the Puppet State, even after you told me I had slight difficulty locating the icon, you're right, it's a Puppet State.

And you know, Hot seat is very likely, indeed, but I doubt it.

I don't think it's 1300+ bpt, it looks like +371. if you look closely, you can see the horizontal dash going through the vertical one.

-Mark

I think he was saying that by 2039 A.D/Turn 307-ish, you would be making way more than 1300 beakers.. which by the looks of the size of Netherlands, I doubt it.

Why is the infantry icon a muffin?

That made me laugh... it's an old-fashioned WW1 helmet (i believe)

Attila's court never was a Carthaginian city, but it was a Hunnic city. The Huns are confirmed in the game. Looking at that mini-map, it's entirely possible to fit three civs there comfortably, but Carthage expanded west instead of east. This set up conflict between Carthage and the Huns. Even leaving aside the argument that the whole picture was set up (which most believe anyway), that's the easiest explanation.

They are discussing the Huns at 2k forums, speculating there is some new mechanic in the game to move Hunnic cities, to simulate the movement of nomads.

"Hey, hey! Watch it with that bank! You drop that building and we'll be picking up coins all week! And be careful with the aqueduct. It's sloshing water all over the place!"
"Oh no, look out! They were dragging the colosseum and the ropes snapped. Now it's rolling straight towards us!"
"You ever wonder if it might make sense for us to stop being nomads at some point?"
"Stop talking crazy and run!" A bit of humor I found.

I think this game was started at a later era to profile these units.

Due to the fact that Attila's Court has built the terra cotta army, I would guess this is an early wonder, maybe it's bronze age, bumping the colossus back.

Assuming that the screenshot isn't just mocked up, it could simply be that Carthage conquered the Huns very early, when they only had one or two cities.

It's plausible, but Carthage couldn't have more than 2 cities themselves. Maybe it's also religion related (+20% strength in cities with Carthage's religion)

Top Bottom