The Huns & Attila's carthage (an observation)

They are discussing the Huns at 2k forums, speculating there is some new mechanic in the game to move Hunnic cities, to simulate the movement of nomads.

"Hey, hey! Watch it with that bank! You drop that building and we'll be picking up coins all week! And be careful with the aqueduct. It's sloshing water all over the place!"
"Oh no, look out! They were dragging the colosseum and the ropes snapped. Now it's rolling straight towards us!"
"You ever wonder if it might make sense for us to stop being nomads at some point?"
"Stop talking crazy and run!" A bit of humor I found.

roflmao those are some funny quotes.

I've seen a previous post in another thread noting that the plains tile in that screenshot is changed to the polder unique improvement in another screenshot; given that the Dutch are able to improve marshland and not plains, it seems very likely that this is just a set up image.

I shouldn't read much into it at all.

Um, in every game I've played someone has gotten conquered at some point by another civ. Is every one of them bad?

No not at all. I have heard rumors of them making the Hun cities movable. Isn't that unreal?

Um, in every game I've played someone has gotten conquered at some point by another civ. Is every one of them bad?

No, because they could expand, how easy is it to conquer a very weak nation? That's my point. If they are really making Huns unable to expand they could very much be easy to conquer.

No, because they could expand, how easy is it to conquer a very weak nation? That's my point. If they are really making Huns unable to expand they could very much be easy to conquer.

I'm sure that they will balance it relatively well; this is a set up image and not something created during a game.

I'm still not that excited about the addition of the Hun though.

By that logic a OCC game would be impossible on any difficulty. The difference here of course is so what if they can't build another city, they can surely capture all the cities they want. In fact, in the time it takes to build a settler, even with the boost from the social policy, you can build at least 2 combat units.

Also, look at all the guides and videos of early rushes where they only built 1 city before going and capturing more cities.

By that logic a OCC game would be impossible on any difficulty. The difference here of course is so what if they can't build another city, they can surely capture all the cities they want. In fact, in the time it takes to build a settler, even with the boost from the social policy, you can build at least 2 combat units.

Also, look at all the guides and videos of early rushes where they only built 1 city before going and capturing more cities.

Hm, I guess that's very likely.. I guess we'll have to see.

I just noticed I mistyped the Title xD.

No not at all. I have heard rumors of them making the Hun cities movable. Isn't that unreal?

I don't know if I'd call that a rumor, more like fan speculation.

Technically, Attila's Court is a name of a location given in the historical records. It was obviously founded by Attila and I can't say if it was located at a real city or not before that point, but it would have been a physical location as long as Attila was alive.

I don't know if I'd call that a rumor, more like fan speculation.

Technically, Attila's Court is a name of a location given in the historical records. It was obviously founded by Attila and I can't say if it was located at a real city or not before that point, but it would have been a physical location as long as Attila was alive.

Yes it is certainly a rumor. Still though, I have always wanted to learn more about the Huns. What a fearsome people. The Hunnic composite bow was as important to the Hun warrior as a sword was to a samurai. I hope they truly have added them to the game. There has been speculation that one of the new units is a horse archer. So I believe the Huns UU will be an upgunned horse archer. That makes obvious sense to me, but you never know the devs may think differently.

I was wondering one other thing though. I have heard that Attila visited Rome and was fascinated with the advancements of the Romans, especially the baths. So much so that he built one of his own, probably at Attila's Court. Have you heard of this being true?

I would love to find a book on his life.

Anyway, my first game on Gods and Kings will be as either the Huns, Carthage, or the Byzantines, not sure which. Not sure why I am saying that, other than the fact that I simply cannot wait for the expansion to come out. :)

...and by the British who designed it. :p

The German stahlhelm was superior in design and protection. The Germans should wear them in the game for their WWI infantry. They can stick the picklehaube on their rifleman. A little unit diversity would go a long way in CiV.

Yes it is certainly a rumor. Still though, I have always wanted to learn more about the Huns. What a fearsome people. The Hunnic composite bow was as important to the Hun warrior as a sword was to a samurai. I hope they truly have added them to the game. There has been speculation that one of the new units is a horse archer. So I believe the Huns UU will be an upgunned horse archer. That makes obvious sense to me, but you never know the devs may think differently.

I was wondering one other thing though. I have heard that Attila visited Rome and was fascinated with the advancements of the Romans, especially the baths. So much so that he built one of his own, probably at Attila's Court. Have you heard of this being true?

I would love to find a book on his life.

Anyway, my first game on Gods and Kings will be as either the Huns, Carthage, or the Byzantines, not sure which. Not sure why I am saying that, other than the fact that I simply cannot wait for the expansion to come out. :)

The German stahlhelm was superior in design and protection. The Germans should wear them in the game for their WWI infantry. They can stick the picklehaube on their rifleman. A little unit diversity would go a long way in CiV.

I know this is Offtopic, but my first game is gonna be a 10 player game with all the new civs against myself :D

I know this is Offtopic, but my first game is gonna be a 10 player game with all the new civs against myself :D

So your using a current civ? Obviously dumb question. That's an excellent idea. Who is your favorite civ to play as now? Lately mine has been Arabia, but I just started my first Emperor game as the Mongols. Ten civs large map of Asia. All victory conditions. All five Asian civs, along with Persia, the Ottomans, Russia, Germany, Rome, and India. So far so good, but I am a bit scared. Japan is my neighbor. I'd love to take him out early. I am not sure how I'll do. The best advice I have heard was this...

1. Obtain horses.
2. Build Keshiks.
3. Don't let Keshiks die.
4. Obtain more horses.
5. Goto 2.

I have six horses and two cities thus far, so I am on the right track. :lol:

Sorry about being Offtopic as well. I will steer back on track asap.

So your using a current civ? Obviously dumb question. That's an excellent idea. Who is your favorite civ to play as now? Lately mine has been Arabia, but I just started my first Emperor game as the Mongols. Ten civs large map of Asia. All victory conditions. All five Asian civs, along with Persia, the Ottomans, Russia, Germany, Rome, and India. So far so good, but I am a bit scared. Japan is my neighbor. I'd love to take him out early. I am not sure how I'll do. The best advice I have heard was this...

1. Obtain horses.
2. Build Keshiks.
3. Don't let Keshiks die.
4. Obtain more horses.
5. Goto 2.

I have six horses and two cities thus far, so I am on the right track. :lol:

Sorry about being Offtopic as well. I will steer back on track asap.

I'll plan on playing as SPain.

BACK TO THE TOPIC (which I made xD)

I'm wondering how exactly the Huns are gonna work, it's weeird how much of a mystery Huns became. Is it possible that The Huns are gonna have the list of Gothic/Hungarian (if they came from there.. I gotta check it on Wiki) cities?

Ah! Found an interesting episode of Deadliest Warrior. Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun. Perhaps I can learn some useful info about how the Huns fought. ;)

The BBC made a show called Heroe&Villains about famous military leaders. There's an episode about Attila and the Huns, it might interest you.

Ah! Found an interesting episode of Deadliest Warrior. Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun. Perhaps I can learn some useful info about how the Huns fought. ;)

Spoiler ending :
Alexander so should have won that!

Top Bottom