The King of the World Throne Room

Why not try the same set-up as the Darius game with a couple of minor changes?

You get to play Boudica of Ireland, maybe move Hammurabi to central russia and Gilgamesh to south africa.

All right, so here's my current thinkin'.

Ancient Civs (already played):

In Africa:
Ramesses of Egypt
Hannibal of Carthage

In Europe:
Boudica of Ireland/Celtia
Julius Caesar of Rome
Pericles of Greece

In the Middle East:
Gilgamesh of Sumeria
Hammurabi of Babylon
Darius of Persia

In Asia:
Asoka of India
Qin Shi Huang of China
Tokugawa of Japan
Wang Kon of Korea

In the Americas:
Sitting Bull of the Native Americans
Pacal II of Maya

Medieval Civs:

The Americas
Pacal II of the Maya

Africa
Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia
Mansa Musa of Mali

Europe
Justinian I of Byzantium
Elizabeth of England
Louis XIV of France
Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire
Peter of Russia
Isabella of Spain
Ragnar of the Vikings

Middle East
Saladin of Arabia

Asia
Qin Shi Huang of China
Asoka of India
Tokugawa of Japan
Suryavarman II of the Khmer
Wang Kon of Korea
Genghis Khan of Mongolia

Renaissance/Age of Sail Civs:

The Americas
Montezuma of the Aztecs
Huayna Capac of the Incas
Pacal II of the Maya

Africa
Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia
Mansa Musa of Mali

Europe
Willem van Orange of Denmark
Elizabeth of England
Louis XIV of France
Joao II of Portugal
Catherine of Russia
Isabella of Spain

Middle East
Suleiman of the Ottomans

Asia
Qin Shi Huang of China
Asoka of India
Tokugawa of Japan
Suryavarman II of the Khmer
Wang Kon of Korea
Kublai Khan of Mongolia

Modern Civs:

The Americas
Washington of America

Africa
Shaka of Zulu

Europe
Churchill of England
De Gaulle of France
Bismarck of Germany
Stalin of Russia
Isabella of Spain

Middle East
None

Asia
Mao of China
Gandhi of India
Tokugawa of Japan
Wang Kon of Korea

I'm liking that Medieval one, with you playing as England.. or even the Vikings.

nice, I hope you are doing them all in order... are you planning on changing up the americas since it's going to be the same as the ancient game?

If you want fewer civs in Europe you could drop Louis in medieval times (have it before the treaty of Verdun) and skip Isabella in modern times.

Renaissance seems awfully similar to Medieval.

Modern looks great though! Maybe Stalin? Tons of REX and maybe a showdown against American later in the game?

Just throwing this out there...

How about on some game you do a reverse Earth 18 with all the non-vanilla civs. That would be:

Americas: Maya, Native Americans
Africa: Ethiopia, Carthage, Zulus
Europe: Netherlands, Celts, Portugal, Vikings, HRE, Byzantium
Middle East: Ottomans, Babylonians, Sumerians
Asia: Khmer, Korea

This would be... interesting. I see the HRE, Byzantium or even the Vikings as one of the major powers, along with the Babylonians, Khmer, and Koreans. It would result in an interesting game, especially if you played as someone who's far enough away from the possible superpowers so that they would face a rough endgame (Portugal, Celts, Netherlands, African civs, American civs).

Churchill's Hat- That is a really cool idea. I might just run with that for KotW #12. Anyone have any serious objections? Calls of support?

How about on some game you do a reverse Earth 18 with all the non-vanilla civs. That would be:

This would be... interesting. I see the HRE, Byzantium or even the Vikings as one of the major powers, along with the Babylonians, Khmer, and Koreans. It would result in an interesting game, especially if you played as someone who's far enough away from the possible superpowers so that they would face a rough endgame (Portugal, Celts, Netherlands, African civs, American civs).

In Europe, Celts, HRE, and Netherlands start very close to each other. Why not just choose one of them? The same applies for Byzantium and Ottomans who start in exactly the same location. It used to be Constantinople - Now it's Instanbul! Also the Babylonians and Sumerians start very close to each other.

Would it be possible to mix and match a few of them so that you have about 14 to 18 civs on Earth and they have some room for the AI to function?

EDIT: I am adding what I think an appropriate mix for 18 civs will be:

Americas: Choose 3/5 Civs (Inc, Az, Maya, NA, USA)
Africa: Choose 3/5 Civs (Egypt, Mali, Eth, Car, Zulu)
Europe: Choose 4/12 Civs (Eng, Net, Fra, Cel, Ger, HRE, Rus, Vik, Spa, Por, Grk, Rome)
Middle East: Choose 4/6 Civs (Ara, Per, Otto, Bab, Sum, Byz)
Asia: Choose 4/6 Civs (Mon, Chi, Ind, Jap, Khm, Kor)

Would it be possible to mix and match a few of them so that you have about 14 to 18 civs on Earth and they have some room for the AI to function?

England
Germany
Russia

Egypt
Mali
Ethiopia
Zululand

Persia
India
Arabia

Khmer
China
Mongolia
Korea

In Europe, Celts, HRE, and Netherlands start very close to each other. Why not just choose one of them? The same applies for Byzantium and Ottomans who start in exactly the same location. It used to be Constantinople - Now it's Instanbul! Also the Babylonians and Sumerians start very close to each other.

EDIT: I am adding what I think an appropriate mix for 18 civs will be:

Americas: Choose 3/5 Civs (Inc, Az, Maya, NA, USA)
Africa: Choose 3/5 Civs (Egypt, Mali, Eth, Car, Zulu)
Europe: Choose 4/12 Civs (Eng, Net, Fra, Cel, Ger, HRE, Rus, Vik, Spa, Por, Grk, Rome)
Middle East: Choose 4/6 Civs (Ara, Per, Otto, Bab, Sum, Byz)
Asia: Choose 4/6 Civs (Mon, Chi, Ind, Jap, Khm, Kor)

HRE, Celts and the Netherlands are fine, they'll survive. For the Ottomans and Byzantium, why not give the ottomans Ankara?

I am up to 15 slots. Here is what I am thinking:

1, 2. Choose 2 of (America, Native Americans, Incas)
3. Aztecs or Mayans
4, 5. Choose 2 of (Mali, Zulu, Ethiopia, Carthage)
6. Egypt or Arabia
7. Choose 1 of (Persia, Babylon, or Sumer)
8. China or Mongolia
9. India or Khmer
10. Japan or Korea
11. Choose 1 of (Celts, France, Netherlands, HRE, or Germany)
12. Choose 1 of (Portugal, Spain, Rome)
13. Choose 1 of (Greece, Byzantium, or Ottomans)
14, 15. Choose 2 of (England, Vikings, Russia)

So to go from the original Earth18 to Earth15, I would be eliminating Mongolia, France, and Spain and replacing Arabia with an African civilization.

10. Japan or Korea

Korea would be more fun, because Wang's AI doesn't suck so hard like Toku's.

Going with Hat's idea, and the format I am talking about, how about this:

1. Native Americans
2. America (or Incas)
3. Mayans
4. Zulu
5. Carthage
6. Ethiopia (Replaces the Egypt / Arabia choice)
7. Babylon (or Sumeria)
8. China (or Mongolia)
9. Khmer
10. Korea
11. Holy Roman Empire (or Celts or Netherlands)
12. Portugal
13. Byzantium (or Ottoman)
14. Vikings
15. Russia (or England)

We would get to see 12 of the 16 non-vanilla civs. We would see a repeat of three vanilla civs, but of course, we can choose non-vanilla leaders! (Edit: We can have Slot 2 as Lincoln of the USA, Slot 15 would be Stalin of Russia, and we can change Slot 8 to Churchill of England.)

I have a question: If I wanted to playtest some of this, how would I make myself a scenario?
EDIT: I have made an Earth15 variation by eliminating Mongolia, France, Arabia, and Spain and adding Zululand. I have not fully :hammer2: tested it yet and it looks like I might do well to eliminate the goodyhut by Ulundi and maybe leave them where I left Mongolia and Arabia behind.

Added: I forgot to give a vote. I vote for Neal, Burger King of the World! I want to see that as his Avatar for a while. :lol:

Isn't that a Whopper of an idea?

Here's my view on Europe in a more visual form(for the medieval plan):

So I would have:
-HRE in Aachen
-Vikings in Stockholm
-Spain in Barcelona
-Byzantium in Constantinople/Istanbul
-England in London
-Russia in St. Petersburg

[Just for the record in the original division into eras: the reign of the Tokugawa shoguns lasted from 1600 to 1870, so they should really be seen as renaissance rather than modern...]

Going with Hat's idea, and the format I am talking about, how about this:

1. Native Americans
2. America (or Incas)
3. Mayans
4. Zulu
5. Carthage
6. Ethiopia (Replaces the Egypt / Arabia choice)
7. Babylon (or Sumeria)
8. China (or Mongolia)
9. Khmer
10. Korea
11. Holy Roman Empire (or Celts or Netherlands)
12. Portugal
13. Byzantium (or Ottoman)
14. Vikings
15. Russia (or England)

We would get to see 12 of the 16 non-vanilla civs. We would see a repeat of three vanilla civs, but of course, we can choose non-vanilla leaders! (Edit: We can have Slot 2 as Lincoln of the USA, Slot 15 would be Stalin of Russia, and we can change Slot 8 to Churchill of England.)

I have a question: If I wanted to playtest some of this, how would I make myself a scenario?
EDIT: I have made an Earth15 variation by eliminating Mongolia, France, Arabia, and Spain and adding Zululand. I have not fully :hammer2: tested it yet and it looks like I might do well to eliminate the goodyhut by Ulundi and maybe leave them where I left Mongolia and Arabia behind.

Added: I forgot to give a vote. I vote for Neal, Burger King of the World! I want to see that as his Avatar for a while. :lol:

Isn't that a Whopper of an idea?

I don't know...the point of my map is to give civilizations that people don't see too often on the Earth 14 maps a shot, and imbalance does mean that the endgame won't be boring. Maybe the Americas could be mix and matched (because we did just see that) but the Celts could start in Ireland or southern France, the HRE in Austria, and the Netherlands in the Netherlands, which wouldn't be more of a problem than, say, France and Germany on the Earth 18 map. And as another poster said, putting the Ottomans in Ankara is how you would handle that (I think that would be especially interesting as it would force the Byzantines to settle eastern Europe and the Ottomans would maybe have to go through Armenia to settle Russia).

Finally, because I can never remember how many civs there are in Warlords, I guess I have to say that this would be an Earth 16 map rather than 14. D'oh! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom