The Long Delayed PBEM

:backstab: Nothing to be proud about :backstab:

To Lanzelot...

This was my last turn...

Thanks for the game everyone...

Take car Calis and thanks for the game.

GPS to Bowsling

Yet again not much to report other then the massive job of catching up with the rest of the world.

:salute: Thanks for the game, Calis. Hope there are no hard feelings over that. It was a well fought war.

Well Bowsling. Despite the fact that I expected your attack when you had cut the oil delivery on the previous turn, I really hoped that I am wrong and trusted in that. I did not prepare for an attack. Obviously it was my fault here.

I am never happy about getting backstabbed, but still it's part of the game somehow. I have to accept this. I also launched surprise attacks in my games, but never when I thought, I was allied to someone as close as we were.

GPS to Lanzelot.

Well Bowsling. Despite the fact that I expected your attack when you had cut the oil delivery on the previous turn, I really hoped that I am wrong and trusted in that. I did not prepare for an attack. Obviously it was my fault here.

I am never happy about getting backstabbed, but still it's part of the game somehow. I have to accept this. I also launched surprise attacks in my games, but never when I thought, I was allied to someone as close as we were.

I'll discuss it more once the game is over, but I had been under the impression that something had gone awry when we stopped trading in the Modern Era. This may be my inexperience with multiplayer speaking, but I didn't really feel that it was much of a backstab per se. Our alliance was kind of a gentleman's agreement forced by the overwhelming power of the Dutch I thought, but when it became clear that you would easily beat me to the spaceship... something had to give way.

As for the surprise element of, I'm kind of with you there. It felt wrong for me the be able to destroy so much stuff in one turn, but I guess that's just the nature of Civ III with railroads... and you certainly gave some too when you razed half of my core! ;)

I look forward to a re-match and your opportunity to repay! :cool:

The citizens of New Eindhoven overthrew the Ottoman governor and pledged allegiance to the Netherlands! Hopefully, the two governments can arrange for a peaceful return of the city.

GPS to Bowsling

Trying to catch up but looks like a lost cause at this point but I always say "Never say Never" so we shall see! :crazyeye:

Wow, never thought I would get this after trailing behind by like half a dozen techs, but the Ottomans and Byzantines made it possible... :D

BTW: does anybody know why in this game the Internet is not a "world wide web", but a "continent wide web"?! :confused: :crazyeye:

GPS to Jureil 157a

Wow, never thought I would get this after trailing behind by like half a dozen techs, but the Ottomans and Byzantines made it possible... :D

BTW: does anybody know why in this game the Internet is not a "world wide web", but a "continent wide web"?! :confused: :crazyeye:

GPS to Jureil 157a

GPS to Bowsling

Congratulations on this wonderful achievement...... Wow the Internet if we could just get our hands on a few computers!!!:D

Nothing else to report here, move along!
:borg:

GPS to Lanzelot

For the lurkers:

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 212
Top Bottom