The Lost Battle (Deity AW)

I thought stealing techs were possible even in no tech trading environment. If possible to steal, the GW is uber powerful.

Yes, stealing is still possible. Also the +100% GG emergance since a lot of our early battles will be in our lands as well :)

I thought stealing techs were possible even in no tech trading environment. If possible to steal, the GW is uber powerful.

Right... I was thinking: "slower tech pace = easier to keep up in techs", so lower absolute value.
But I guess it just makes the relative value of the Great Wall jump up a level.
And I forgot about GG points...

@Global Highlands:
If it doesn't generate peninsulas, maybe it is enough to look for a corner start?
I haven't looked very closely at the script (doing so atm).

I vaguely remember that the GW was the critical bedding rock of deity AW games.

Global Highlands don't necessarily generate peninsulas (but it happens once in a while), but can generate a great amount of strategically placed peaks. You see, if one side is open with like 2 tiles, we just put 2 units, and the AI will simply recalculate its pathfinding towards the wide open breach instead. I clearly remembered an early deity game of mine with some leader where I stole a worker to Qin. There was a line of peaks with a small col. When he was sending armies towards me, he was using that small col. I put a unit there later and then, he simple went around the long ridgeline of peaks to reach me instead of confronting that single guard, which happened to be a warrior. As long we leave a passage, the AI won't go through blockading units. But if all passages are blocked, then the armies will go through. Nice, ain't it?

Starting at the edge on this wouldn't be TOO bad, but it would take FOREVER to get to the other AI. Ideally, I think declaring on all of them ASAP is best so that they all focus on armies and what not instead of building peacefully and expanding and what not. Plus, their armies would take forever to get to us anyway :lol:

Attachments

• Untitled2-1.jpg
    Untitled2-1.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 172
Exactly. Imagine doing so with more than 2 AI's with each a single super G2-3 skirmisher. :drool:
One more reason I think global highlands has edge over pangaea.

Skirm rush!

But then deity maintenance kills you :lol: Plus, it seems that on this map the AI are quite far on you and there's not TOO much rush of you getting boxed in so it doesn't even seem necessary.

TGW is a no brainer though I think. Gonna generate a couple of maps. See how hard it is to get some stone, good food, and metal in the BFC with a plains hill start :)

Exactly. Imagine doing so with more than 2 AI's with each a single super G2-3 skirmisher. :drool:
One more reason I think global highlands has edge over pangaea.

Now THAT is a good idea :rolleyes: :D But I think we'll have enough workers with a normal one :p But this COULD be used to choke an AI :)

I know! Follow Sid's blue circles :lol: Take a settler with our skirmisher, and where the blue circle is where the AI will probably settle :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Skim rush! No! All AI's capital will fall on hills.

I was thinking stealing workers to stunt the AI's and lots mine pillage, which one gives a lot of gold in average compared to all other improvements except the cottage. And given the jungly nature of the maps we generated, more workers are good.

Sadly, blue circle function is relative to the player, thus gives different result for other players.

Oh okay. That's fine then.

Yeah, worker stealing would be very good come iron working actually :) But pre IW, it will actually be a huge burden. Learnt that in my test games when I had 6 workers with 3 cities :lol:

and damn, I thought that was actually a very clever idea :lol:

Ok, I manually generated 7 starts with at least 1 high commerce.
The seventh is the best as far as I can see. EDIT: Well, ijn fact ugh!
Unrestricted leaders with Wang Kon of Mali.
Random leaders.
Unknown global Highland map

Maybe we can play a pre-succession game.

Attachments

• Deity AW - Test #1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    124.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Deity AW - Test #2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    125.3 KB · Views: 134
Do we want to pick a save from this for our real game? Or is it to like get an idea of the map and what not?

I'm still searching a good map. I almost nailed an uber flat land (cottage dreamland+2 riverside corns) with hills for protection and marble! but well, neighbours were horrific (Cathy of Aztec, Gilgamesh of Inca, Ragnar of Maya, etc.) and we were pretty much at the center.

Gilgamesh is a wonderspammer with now Industrious...it is like buh-bye GW.
I found out about Cathy of Aztec by opening the WB.

Spoiler :

Ah okay. Do you want to handpick our AI then? :) I think that is also a very good step in making life easier.

I definitely think we should have Napoelon and Ragnar at the very least. High attack courage means free promotions for our GG's. I'm not sure how much the Civ matters if we have a leader. I think all traits and what not are associated with the leader and not the Civ, right?

Oh and snaky continents is no good. It's kinda like a watery map which is not AS much of a challenge :lol:

I'm playing save 7 right now. I've only met one AI so far and it's been 35 turns :lol: I've got 3 warriors exploring at the moment,

Top Bottom