The NES Wiki - Get Wiki With It

Symphony D.

Deity
Retroactive deletion.

Retroactive deletion.

I prefer NES: NES name, because that's how the vast majority of NESes do it anyway.

I prefer NES: NES name, because that's how the vast majority of NESes do it anyway.
Agreed. I also propose that numbers in titles use Roman numerals (I, II, III...), since IMO it looks better that way.

Agreed. I also propose that numbers in titles use Roman numerals (I, II, III...), since IMO it looks better that way.

Hmm... why not let the people who named their NESes decide the format for their NES name? I certainly do not want to see mine called NIIIS. :p

Are you discussing how to name a NES article? If yes I think name with the mod in brackets is the best option.

On the side note this is possibly our best chance to make a directory of NESes and plus these could be categorized. I'll continue to work on the Guide and a few minor things.

Delete the contribution list on the Main Page- That can go.
Rework the Main Page- Definitely. Current events can be major things around the NES world, like new NESes, status of major NESes, etc.
Rework the Community Portal- I don't really know how this would work, as I am not skilled with wikis.
Begin Formation of an "Engineering Team"- I'm quite busy right now, but I may join later.
Begin Categorization of Information- Good thinking.
Delete the NESer page, establish a NESer Category page- Agreed.
Delete the NES types articles, recombine them under the NESing article- I don't care one way or another.
Decide on format for entering NES titles- Howabout the name they have on thread? But I'm fine with any format.
Appoint Wiki Administrator- I don't think this is necessary yet, but when it is I vote Sym.

Retroactive deletion.

Wasnt the previous thread good enough?

Reno said:
Hopefully all discussion on the wikipage moves here, since the old thread was slightly unorganized.
In a word: no. Its purpose in debating the creation of a Wiki was also concluded.

Delete the contribution list on the Main Page- Away!
Rework the Main Page-
Main page should be made into a portal, but since we are lacking content so far this aint a priority.
Rework the Community Portal- dunno
Begin Formation of an "Engineering Team"-
somebody has to do it, but I'm not 100% what exactly their job will be. Content is more important so far.
Begin Categorization of Information- needed. I suggest a major divison like: Primary informaton (Nesers, etcs) and Secondary ( Guides)
Delete the NESer page, establish a NESer Category page- agreed
Delete the NES types articles, recombine them under the NESing article- agreed
Decide on format for entering NES titles- >Mod - Official title<
Appoint Wiki Administrator- IMHO not necessary for such a small community

EDIT: Post 2500! Celebration!

Retroactive deletion.

Then we must atleast brainstorm about what kind of articles will populate our wiki in the future.

As I already hinted, I'm thinking about a major division:

1. Primary information (NESers, NESes)
2. Secondary information: ( Guides)

Additionally Dachspmg at one point proposed writing about the Tactics of Byzantinum. This could be a tertiary category.

Retroactive deletion.

I am totally one of those Editor Minor guys, seriously, 'cause the only article I ever wrote was that IRC Channel one. And also, I got pretty miffed when my stuff on the front page was changed to something grammatically incorrect DX

Top Bottom