The Olive Branch Thread

I kinda feel like I've been treating @Manfred Belheim unjustly, reading lots of negative intention into his posts. I don't know if that's really there. Lately I haven't been responding to your posts as much as I've been reading them and it has put things into a different light.

Well as far as the apology goes, it's not needed. I can honestly only remember one negative interaction that's in any way recent, and that was basically just the result of me making a joke for my own entertainment that I wouldn't expect anyone else to really even get. But thank you all the same.

Well, if it helps Manfred, I'd like to add myself to the list. While I have no doubt we'll continue to disagree on a bunch of things, there's been a notable positive change (to me) in how your posts have come across, and I want you to know that, however much has or hasn't changed.

I’d like to apologize to @Traitorfish for things I said in the past that were not only rude, but in retrospect, made me come across as a fascist strongman.

“Antifa are like animals, communist organizations should get shut down” etc.

My mental illness probably got the best of me making those comments, because as I look back on some of those things I said, I absolutely regret it, and realize how horrible I sounded. Sometimes when my contact with reality isn’t as strong as it should be, it causes me to say things that I wouldn’t otherwise.

He was also the one to call me out on my BS for (formerly) supporting Trump, and convinced me to vote blue. So I thank him for that too.

I would like to apologize to @Estebonrober for calling him an SJW and being overly hostile to him.

This may be a little unusual for a post here, in that it isn't addressed to anyone in particular, but the sentiment is poignant:

I feel like stating that this forum is a lot more civilized ( ;) ) than the other game forums I had posted considerably in. I would say that even for the mods - in fact, often it is just the mods which matter in regards to whether someone stays or not in a forum... Although I have gotten a lot of infractions, virtually all many years ago, it is worth mentioning that actually unfair (imo, always) infractions were very very uncommon, and if one was glaring then it could be discussed or even cancelled (which at many other forums is purely a theoretical possibility).

So, in retrospect, I'd like to say thank you for that. At times I am a bit quick to respond in a negative tone, although I can at least mention that I never do it out of malice. Thanks to the fellow posters too, for (usually :p ) coping with me.

Last edited:
This may be a little unusual for a post here, in that it isn't addressed to anyone in particular, but the sentiment is poignant:

I feel like stating that this forum is a lot more civilized ( ;) ) than the other game forums I had posted considerably in. I would say that even for the mods - in fact, often it is just the mods which matter in regards to whether someone stays or not in a forum... Although I have gotten a lot of infractions, virtually all many years ago, it is worth mentioning that actually unfair (imo, always) infractions were very very uncommon, and if one was glaring then it could be discussed or even cancelled (which at many other forums is purely a theoretical possibility).

So, in retrospect, I'd like to say thank you for that. At times I am a bit quick to respond in a negative tone, although I can at least mention that I never do it out of malice. Thanks to the fellow posters too, for (usually :p ) coping with me.

Of course we are CIVilized. You make a good point. That's what CFC is all about :thumbsup: (We refuse our capital be taken by barbarians turn 4 ! xD)

This is not quite the purpose of the thread, but I've thought about it from time to time, and one of my biggest regrets is not going to see @warpus when he was in Oslo. At that age I was more cautious and frugal (train ticket would cost equivalent of 10 dollars lol, one of the lamer part of my reasoning), but I was also thinking I wasn't really knowledgable in Oslo and wouldn't be able to show anything interesting. But like now and for a few years now my view's shifted a little and I would've gone to see him even for just a minute.

This is not quite the purpose of the thread, but I've thought about it from time to time, and one of my biggest regrets is not going to see @warpus when he was in Oslo. At that age I was more cautious and frugal (train ticket would cost equivalent of 10 dollars lol, one of the lamer part of my reasoning), but I was also thinking I wasn't really knowledgable in Oslo and wouldn't be able to show anything interesting. But like now and for a few years now my view's shifted a little and I would've gone to see him even for just a minute.

Hey man, we'll do it up one day!

(hoping you look like your avatar, but if not then that's fine too)

Don't sweat it. Warpy was just a stone's throw from Tromsø and didn't stop by to go fishing with me! Lazy! :p

And yes Lofoten is practically right around the corner for here so don't even!!

To whom it may concern.... I got POUI* yesterday and I have been nasty and rude :(
I think I might have been rude to @Synsensa which I would like to sincerly apologize. So sorry my man, please forgive me, I'll polish Your shoes ? :(

*POUI = Posting Under Influence

I should've stick to the dumb videos on youtube .... where my place was.... why I open forums when under iunfluence ? why ?! :wallbash:

*impersonating Cpt. Kirk* : ....Khaaaaaannnn !!! ....

I would like to apologize to @hobbsyoyo that I said in my post that came across as vitriolic, ugly, condescending crap.

@aelf I am very sorry . Forgive me my drunken behavior. I am really ashamed. :( I've shown my bad nature. If there's however slim hope for me to redeem myself. I'll try.

Top Bottom