The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Yeah, let's not go too overboard on scripting.

How would I even be able to do that? You found a religion when discovering a tech.

I guess you could go all hard-line and make the Far East found the religion even if someone else who is not a human player discovers the tech.

Yeah, but that would be pretty dumb.

Perhaps change it so that certain techs found *A* religion, but which religion is determined by where its founded and/or what civ does the founding. You could still found Confucianism as, say, the Greeks but you'd have to run through Christianity and Islam first.

I don't think it would be a gain to have geographically correct religions in ahistorical order and time.

Good guy Alfred. I've never had an AI gift me a tech before! Also, in the background, I had a random event that gave me spice.

Go make it a meme!

So I tried 3000 B.C starts...
Spoiler :

That's the first time I see Argentina completely uninhabited.
Spoiler :

No Spain? No Portugal? Wat.
Spoiler :

France, Germany and Netherlands. The 3 supreme rulers of Europe! Plus the Viking Vienna.
Spoiler :

And now Siberia shall be a desolate place. Forever. Note the zoroastrian and buddhist cities in Russia.
Speaking of Vikings...
Spoiler :

Russia or the mongols must have adopted Zoroastrism or Islam at sometime.
And now... Last but not least...
Spoiler :

Seems that the Tamils have been conquering cities in the ME until Iran kicked in. That, or they conquered Arracoana while at war with Iran.
Leo, just one question. Did you program 3000 B.C starts so that the world becomes... weird?

Seems the Cautious AI can give after all. Perhaps a specific change from RFC.
What's Alfred's GiveHelpAttitudeThreshold? Maybe it's just one leaderhead. Edit: No, it's Cautious. Strange.

Did you program 3000 B.C starts so that the world becomes... weird?
With the exception of Tamils (and there were issues with civs respawning in Persia when they shouldn't have in the bug reports), I don't see anything particularly weird here. Yeah, France conquered Spain and Portugal, Mongolia still dominates Russia. Sweden controlling Reval and the Neva (always slightly immersion-breaking to see a medieval Russian Sankt-Petersburg) is actually historical.

Leo, just one question. Did you program 3000 B.C starts so that the world becomes... weird?
In general, if things become weird it is only ever due to a lack of controlling or railroading factors and not because of intentional actions.

3000 BC scenarios deviate more from expected historical events because there are more factors in play which have been removed in the 600 AD scenario, for example.

Julius vs Alexander: Epic Showdown

Funny to say Julius respected Alexander the Great as a great man and here he just wants to crush him.

Amsterdam is a very unhealthy city, so much that it caused global warming...
Spoiler :
globalwarmingearly.jpg

Tachy, this screenshot is epic. I dislike RFC antiquity, but it's amusing how the "spawn ai stacks all over the place" mechanic managed to result in such a showdown.

Funny to say Julius respected Alexander the Great as a great man and here he just wants to crush him.
Worthy Opponent? Plus, of course, the LH's are more symbolic of general national character, then anything.

Top Bottom