The Order of the Knights Templar

Cam_H

Deity
The Order of the Knights Templar​

Leader:

Jacques de Molay (Justinian I re-cast)

Spiritual: No Anarchy during Civic switches, +100%:hammers: for Temple construction.
Imperialistic: +100% Great General emergence, +50%:hammers: for Settler production.
Cataphract: 12:strength: Knight replacement (rather than 10:strength:) that is nonetheless vulnerable to First Strikes.
Hippodrome: Theatre replacement that delivers +1:), +2:) per 10%:culture: (rather than +1:) for a Theatre) and +1:) if a Horse resource is secured.
Mysticism and Masonry … that’s right … free Masonry! (not ‘The Wheel’)​

Victory:

All victory conditions are enabled.​

Variants:

God’s Will

The Templar Knights begin with a bonus Christian Missionary. That Missionary must travel with the Settler if the Settler is to move at all, and must attempt to spread Christianity into the Templars' capital city immediately as the capital is first founded. Furthermore, the Templars must convert to Christianity at the first opportunity and remain in Christianity throughout the game.​

The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon

The Knights Templar must be in control of the Holy City where the Temple of Solomon shrine exists on the turn that victory is recognised.​

Game Set-Up:

Additional Information:

The Khwarezmians’ Insult

Persia and Mongolia commence the game with an antagonistic view toward each other.

Adopting the Faith

All tribes commence the game with the opportunity to adopt a faith (albeit no Holy Cities exist at the game’s commencement).

Templar Cross

The Knights Templar will play with the default 'England' colour scheme.​

Roster:

Tachywaxon
vranasm
lymond
nocho
pigswill
Sengir
astre
<< Open >>
Cam​

10 to 15 turns per turnset depending upon game conditions. Players are expected to complete their turnsets within four days of completion of the preceding player's unless advising the roster otherwise. Swaps and skips are allowed. Players may be removed from the roster. Players may not 'play ahead' until the game is completed.​

Start:

Attachments

• Jacques de Molay BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    73.9 KB · Views: 249
:D I love how I ended up into another succession game unbeknownst to me. As the saying goes, a bright future lies for the bold. Hope I won't be part of another destroyed scenario.

OK, Knight rush everyone. Kill them, behead them, impale them, make them bleed. We shall show no quarter, those pagans who don't know truth.

I let a nice thread where BIC recently showed us a walkthrough.

Nice!

Settle 1E

Checking in. 1E looks obvious indeed, unless a warrior move 1NW shows something even more compelling.

agree with nocho
warior NW then probably settler 1E

question: how does the game manage the fact that we will convert without founding christianity. Will we have the christian founding town?

remark: I thought Jacques de Molay was more interested in christian holy city that the judish ones. It happen that they are merge, but still :)

other (personal) question: cam, are you french to propose sutch scenarios ? they are all great but i noticed they are all related to french history :p

Hi all :)

@Tachy,

Sorry - I assumed that you wanted to play. You were next 'up' in the 'Iron Mask' game. I was going to PM you, but you responded to the opening post in less than 15 minutes.

@astre,

We won't get the Christian Holy City as a result of spreading Christianity into our capital and/or adopting Christianity (although we may well get the short video suggesting that we did found the religion that traditionally is viewed when being the first to Theology). There will be no Christian Holy City in this game (and some other faiths don't get a Holy City) I understand because of this customised set-up.

The Templar Knights, as far as I'm aware, considered the Temple of Solomon's ruins in Jerusalem as their spiritual locus. 'Old Testament' stuff I guess.

Not French, but trying to drain the world's supply of Champagne bottle by bottle! 'Osmosis' stuff I guess. ;)

i don't like to settle 1E

dry corn is not that stellar tile especially when we have already sugar, grass cows and another dry corn.

we will abandon at least 1 grassland riverside tile north and switch grass riverside tile for plains riverside tile. and pick 2 plains tiles instead of 1 grass guaranteed and not sure about the one under forest.

I would SIP and go with it.

Checking in. Images won't load, and I can't open the save right now, so I won't be able to comment on settling location until tonight.

I'm not opposed to SIP either. At least move the warrior first before making any decision one way or the other. However, the corn to the south is dry as well so 2 dry corns are better than one. I'm also not so gung-ho on losing a river tile for a city that I don't necessarily view as a Bureau cap. I think we get a fantastic short/long term production city settling 1E (SIP is good too). And can overlap second city to share food in short term.

Checking in.

Maybe 1NW for more riverside?

I have a hard time deciding: if there's seafood in the water to the East, I'd prefer to settle in place, otherwise I'd settle 1E. However since we don't know whether there's seafood, I'd settle 1E regardless, as the land continues both north and south of it, making it either a bay or a lake, making it possible to grab seafood with other cities.

Oh yeah. I'm first. I'll look at it tomorrow. Revent's game too. Man, I'm splitting into to many projects...

Ok, Tachy, let's get this puppy rolling ;)

lymondster,

( >10,000 posts! :eek:)

Tachywaxon has let me know that the turnset is to be played very soon, however it's possibly an appropriate prompt to remind the roster that skips and swaps are allowed (indeed even encouraged!) if real life is making getting 'Civ time' a problem.

:) My tonight has started about 1 hour ago. Started to look into stuff just recently. My presence was just fleeting before during the day.
Forgot to mention this before from description but:

Imperialistic: +100% Great General emergence, +50% hammer sources only for Settler production.

Let's get the blood effusions started.
Has someone noticed Imgur is acting weird recently? My batch of images all bear the same link...

T0

Mansa Musa is here. Even if they are pagans, Mansa Musa is easygoing.

Spoiler :

Best location to move the warrior. Marble. Game's won. :lol:

Spoiler :

Here is my planning. I decided on a whim to follow Vranasm (btw, if you haven't noticed, there's a fix to your wealth problems...along some mod) planning and go for a bureaucratic capital. We'll lose a turn, but I can assure myself that way I won't lose any possible bonuses south. Yes, I know the missionary has to stick with the settler.

Spoiler :

T1

We're christians now.

Spoiler :

I know people are going to yell at me for such atrocious move. But on IMM, I never let pass such an occasion. Anyways, we have marble.

Spoiler :

T5
Spoiler :

T6

Worker.

Spoiler :

T8

Lion.

Spoiler :

T10

Lions...

Spoiler :

T11

How convenient. A friend. Let get some booty from him. Since we are in the same religion, he'll forgive us in no time, right? But T33, he'll get a border pop.

Spoiler :

T14

Lion again. Hmmpf.

Spoiler :

T15

We survived. My turnset ended.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Jacques de Molay BC-3400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
If the next player, vranasm intents to follow in my wake, next techs should be Mining, Wheel/BW.
Not only they are key techs for expansions but are soldier count fodders, easying a ceasefire.

BTW, Charlie same religion without holy city is +7 max. A simply wardec shouldn't pose problem, right? WE HAVE maarrrbleee~~~
The way I settled seems to allow using that marble. ~T35, we'll get another border pop and we have free masonry, thus we can improve that marble. Cheap oracle. That's rare.

Top Bottom