The Order of the Knights Templar

Off-topic:
ha...I plan to get Bio Inf later on the cheap. I played some of the first one and really did not get into it, but this new one looks interesting.
I've not played the original, but I'm about to.

Can't speak highly enough of Bioshock Infinite. I generally don't play first person shooters, but the storyline in this game is brilliant. Nonrtheless, I understand FPS aficionados have all kinds of gripes with the engine of this game.

What's the level of interest in Pie's Ancient Europe? I'm not even sure I have the technical prowess to install the frigg'n thing! (Remember the days of self-extracting installers?) :lol:

Yep, I've never been much into FPS. Only one I really ever played and enjoyed was Half Life 2. Infinite does look very interesting for the story, from what I've read, so I'll play it at some point. After dumping so much money on CIV V at release, I don't make the mistake of spending that much money on games again. (The most important thing is user reviews)

Installing Pie's is very easy. Just copy it into the Mods folder and unzip. However, I'd leave that to Tachy to start something on that note, but I doubt she will get around to it. Should not preclude you from start one of your normal Camtasia games.

Again 'bout this she thing. Seems it's gonna be stickied to me to the end. That reminds this vid over internet. Ah Lymond, there is no "she" on the internets.

If Cam_H tags along as the succession game main rosters, the probs I start something will raise highly. Because I won't be able to constantly do the maintenance due to limited free time.

About the mod: two things, it is hard and easy at the same time. The early game can be supremely hard if you got a bad start and it is due to limiting factors about happy and health limitations. And as the game progresses, the game gets easier and easier to a point around 2000BC to 1000 BC, the human dominates the AI's in tech by a large stretch even on deity! And if not boxed in, expansion too because settler rate is 1 at a time.

Given the mod has complex rules, the AI is deeply affected by those. For instance, forge gives +2 unhealthiness. Problem is health is a riches and wasting it for petty reasons like those forges kill the AI capacity to grow vertically.
Anyways, if a succession game is started, the level should be IMM+. Below, the AI is hopeless.
Imagine with a so-so start and stone, you can basically get almost all available wonders on deity...just to show how the AI is penalized.

Other important points: conquering other cities is really difficult. Not only the AI passes a over 100 turns without starting its first settler (needs "internal colonization" tech), but warriors have the special ability to get 200% defense in a city. So basically 6 strength off the bat. An ability that reminds Final Frontier...and combine this to spamming those units, you get unkillable fortresses.

Also, some civilizations are definitely more advantaged than others. Like the sumerians, babylonians, Egyptians, etc. Given the accesibility exclusively to certain techs and wonders. Those who have access to hieroglyphic language or cuneiforms are definitely domineering nations...just like those in RL history.

Yep, health is crazy in Pie's, and you basically don't ever want your cities to enter that state. AIs tend to just spam units early. And early scouting is frakked. Due to the initial complexities it would probably be best to table a Pie's succession game until interested parties have at least tried the mod out a bit. Also, it'd be better when Tachy actually gets more free time.

Top Bottom