The RoundTable

We're trying to stretch this out so we can celebrate the game's two year anniversary. Big [party] planned. Didn't you guys get your invitations?

Of course - our transports are all carrying enthusiastic party-goers. What did you think they were?

I'm in charge of bringing commemorative bracelets for all of the Council. :groucho:

Oh, I did that one already in the other thread. :shake:

Well, so there, nyah! :nya:

If only that were true... a quick check of the turn tracker thread for say the 10 turns immediately preceding the war makes that a little hard to believe. We figured this is the only long-term solution to keep the game moving ;).

The Council needs an extension - my apologies for the last notice.

Apparently, the Council either thinks this will be their last turn :devil:, or they plan to play in time from now on :)

:rotfl:

Dear Saber,

So glad you could make it to our little party!
However, erm, ... I'm not sure how to say this? But it looks like we've had a tiny little miscommunication. :blush:

You see - when we said "Party and Gunshow" - we were just trying to be clever. You know... "gun show" - like flexing your arms and showing off your muscles... those kind of guns.

And when we talked about lots of "shotgunning" ... er... I think you misunderstood that also....

Anyway - we totally understand your mistake. Our bad really. Blame it on us!

But now we're really gonna have to ask you and your marine posse to leave.
Next time we'll do it for real though!

Thanks for being cool about this,

The Council Party Planning committee

:)

Dear Citizens of the World
(aka: All you people who are at war with us)

On behalf of The Council, I am pleased to present
The Twelfth Edition
of this world’s first International Newspaper…

The RoundTable

We hope you enjoy!
And then all disband your militaries!

disclaimer:
Spoiler :

Disclaimer:
"The RoundTable is published internationally purely for enjoyment – and is printed at the sole discretion of advisor to the council, General_W. All opinions are his alone, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or positions of The Council government. Heck, even the 'facts' in this paper are viewed through his personal lens and may or may not accurately reflect the real or perceived state of world and/or game affairs. This paper may frequently contain what is known as 'sarcasm' and should be taken as it is intended – in fun. Hate mail may be sent to General_W via PM if you wish. General_W reserves the right to laugh uproariously at any hate mail he receives. This paper is not designed to provide up-to-date news, cure any diseases, provide well balanced opinion, or relieve inflammation of the foot. The Council hereby absolves itself from any responsibility from any actions the reader does or does not take based on this 'news' paper."

How come you never post the other pages of the paper?

All the domestic politics and reporting on the proceedings of various subcommittees can't be all that interesting to other nations, I imagine ;)

This suggestion seems to have been mostly ignored, so I thought I'd :bump: it in case people didn't notice it the first time...

We feel that the current pace of the game, due to different reasons, has room to improve. Not all of the problems can be eliminated easily of course, but there is one quick fix Saber would like the other teams to consider. Can either FREE or The Council take over the click and save action for team BABE for which both are carrying out "life-support measures" anyway. ;)

I'd support that.

@Whomp - PM one of us your team BABE password and we'll do this - if that's ok with you?

For various reasons I do not think that's a good idea. Sure I want to speed up the game too, but BABE is not in a position where what they choose to do could not affect the game.

Let's let FREE take BABE's turns and The Council can take SABER's turns. After all, it was SABER's actions that led to all the recent extensions. I'm sure we could speed things along if we played for SABER.

Seriously, I didn't see that as a serious suggestion, especially when it is us and FREE who are asking for extensions anyway. :lol: I am against anyone playing BABE.s turns except BABE team members.

Personally, I'd prefer not to play the save at all.

Done deal, then.

I wonder if Memphus has C3C and would be willing to do it.
He's practically famous for 2 hours (or less) turn around times.

I think that could be an acceptable option for everyone.
Whomp - maybe you could PM him to ask? :dunno:

Whomp's been doing a good job, opening up a save, hitting return, and closing it. I dunno if people are being snarky or not, but I don't think Whomp has been the one slowing things down - it's been teams trying to figure out how to handle situations.

Top Bottom