The "Say Thanks Zap Petition"

crossclayton

Warlord
I would like to start a thank you thread for Zap and all of his great work. To Show Zap our gratitude please sign and leave some comments for Zap!!

Thank you so much for your time and effort. You have changed the face of Civ forever and i hope that when it comes time for Civ 5, Firaxis will look to RoM for its ideas.

/sign

Sid and Firaxis have got to take a serious look at ROM when/if they are developing Civ 5. Frankly I was quite surprised when Civ 4 came out and it wasn't like Rise and Rule/DYP. If Civ 5 isn't alot like ROM, I will be quite disappointed. They made colonization for the fans which I greatly appreciate. Now they need to make Civ 5 for the fans who've been with them since Civ 1. Hardcore strategy like ROM.

I've spent hundreds of hours playing this mod which truly has "changed the face of Civ forever". Many, many thanks to everyone who was involved in its creation and of course to the magnificent Zapp for putting it all together, fixing, and updating it. I really wish there was something I could do to help the cause. Alas I guess my praise will have to do.

I would like to start a thank you thread for Zap and all of his great work. To Show Zap our gratitude please sign and leave some comments for Zap!!

Thank you so much for your time and effort. You have changed the face of Civ forever and i hope that when it comes time for Civ 5, Firaxis will look to RoM for its ideas.

/sign

Absolutely. Zap has done an awesome job on this mod, and has really re-engaged my interest in Civilization. The best games I have had have been through this mod, including one that I am running right now.

:goodjob:

Looking forward to version 2.5.

Totally agree with the Civ 5 comment -- I think we can easily call this Civilization 4.5 already.

its been long my thought that the only (or at least one of the few, another being better control devices) reason why computer games are more awesome than any other platforms is the modding community. this mod here proves that point again.

Yes!

I never actually post anywhere on this forum but I had to log in to say my thanks. Civ 4 was fun enough on its own, but it doesn't come even close to being as engaging as RoM. I really could never go back - it would seem so limiting. Firaxis REALLY should be offering you a job if they know what's good for them! You've turned a great game into a mind-blowing one.

Anyway, thanks for all of your dedication!

Great idea for a thread! I play Civ most weekends and the only reason that it's still fun to play is the added depth and richness provided by ROM. Fantastic work Zap and many thanks for all your effort (and of course to all the authors of the mod components included in ROM).

I bought both Civ Revolution and Colonisation recently and have only played them a couple of times before going back to ROM. Damn I wish Firaxis would pick up on this and spend their time developing more stuff with the interest and staying power of this mod!

Great idea for a thread! I play Civ most weekends and the only reason that it's still fun to play is the added depth and richness provided by ROM. Fantastic work Zap and many thanks for all your effort (and of course to all the authors of the mod components included in ROM).

I bought both Civ Revolution and Colonisation recently and have only played them a couple of times before going back to ROM. Damn I wish Firaxis would pick up on this and spend their time developing more stuff with the interest and staying power of this mod!

Likewise..only reason why I didn't uninstall Civ 4, put it in the pile of failed games and go back to Call To Power 2 is because of this mod...so here's to people like Zappa who take a mediocre game and reignite the spark of interest in them!Thank you people.:goodjob:

I'd like to say thanks to Zap as well.

I only just discovered this mod, and I've had many many hours of fun.
I expect, given my previous addiction to vanilla BTS, to have many hundreds more :) and I'm recommending it to friends as well.

:blush:

Personally I'd like to thank Sid and Firaxis guys&girls for making such easy to mod civ game - it has gotten me to spend 2 years with making RoM mod and I don't think I'll stop it anytime soon... but I have now reached the point with this mod, where I can play it more than edit it. Though at times I'm thinking that am I enjoying more modding or actually playing..? It gets bit blurry after you've modded games so long (I started modding with Civ3, then Morrowind/Oblivion and now Civ4, edit: actually the first games that I modded were Doom I-II, duke3d, Quake...) :lol:

Also I'll thank all the various other modders who have made all kinds of mod components and graphics. Without them we wouldn't have RoM. This site has massive amount of creative power in it and we all can enjoy the fruits of this power.

And I'm not forgetting you, all the RoM players, your feedback and reports keeps me staring at my computer's screen through the nights and thinking of ways how to improve my modpack even more (and continue my other "secret" project ;)). :)

I'm gonna put in my two cents here, and say that I'm very glad to see that you've put so much time and effort into making ROM such an enjoyable mod. I really don't play Civ4 at all anymore without the mod. I've tried going back to vanilla BTS, and it just seems too simplistic in comparison.

I'm glad to see that you're still working on ROM, and if there's anything that any of us can do to help you make this better for all of us, just let us know. I'm sure most everyone here would be glad to contribute anything we could to help make ROM the definitive way to play Civ4.

P.S. My father used to mod Morrowind/Oblivion, too. He said he had a lot more fun doing the modding than he did playing the game. Isn't that really the point, anyway? To have fun?

Engrossing and captivating ever since RoM 0.8. Even the Colonization Scenario was way cool. When I talk to friends about BtS I really mean RoM.

RoM IS BtS for me. :D

Thank you zappara for making RoM possible.
And thanks to ALL who have contributed to RoM.
And of course Thank you Firaxis for the core game.

JosEPh ( old and slow.........but still playin'!) :lol

now if only firaxis would fix the maf.....

Does more memory fix the problem?

I've got 2 GB system RAM and 512 MB on my 8800GT video card - I always assumed that that spec would be adequate for anything I threw at it, but I'm never shy of upgrading if it can make a difference.

A well deserved thread it is.

Zappara, I would hereby like to thank you for your awsome job of creating a mod that is so cool, so deep and so rich of cool innovantions that it completely blows the vanilla Civ4 away.

I have NEVER EVER since I got to know the game (1997) had so much fun with a game ever. I hope firaxis acknowledges this and incorporates ur mod into the game, like they did with Rhyes scenario.

Ur game really deserves that, or even more, to be called civ5. U altered my and many others gameplay experience so much, especially those who love to do MP games with family and friends, that we dont want to play anything else anymore.

What can I say.. I just wish we could be of any help with modding but most of us are just people who like to play and have no clue about programming.

Keep up the good work Zappara!

Good stuff so far and I really appreciate your sense of gameplay balance, as this mod shows a lot of thought and not a mere, "add everything I could think of" type thing.

I also like how you've balanced Slavery. It is both more useful than in Vanilla Civ but at the same time has some hefty built in penalties.

I'm adding my voice here too!
This mod is just awesome. Even more, with the regular updates it is just becoming better and better. Thanks Zap'

Hey Firaxis, looks at this when you plan to make civ5 ;)

Hello,

adding my thanks too... Totally agree with the fact that BtS without RoM is now SO BORING... Zap, you have big fans here in Brazil, i can assure you.
I also think you deserve a job in Firaxis, if it's good enough for you.

Congratulations

Top Bottom