The "Say Thanks Zap Petition"

This is my first post here, and I just wanted to add another HUGE "Thank You" to zap and everyone else involved in this project. I've been with the Civ series since the first, and this is the first Mod I've ever used on a Civ game. All I can say is, Wow... I thought BTS was an amazing expansion, but this completely dwarfs it.

I started this game about... 5 hours ago on Marathon (along with some short breaks to read through these forums). I just discovered the Calendar and saw how puny my little corner of the world was in comparison to map and was blown away. There's so much more to discover, and I haven't even gotten to any of the warmongering stages yet.

I fully expect to not sleep more than 3 hours a night for the next week or two so I can finish this game. :)

Great work!

I didn't think BTS was an amazing expansion, I felt cheated and disappointed with Civ4 all-in-all. A lot of elements which made Civ great in the past were taken out and "dumbed down" in the latest release with only minor improvements like culture and unit upgrades + 3D grafix! WOW!!!! As a matter of fact, this mod is the only reason which kept me from uninstalling it. Civ4 unmodded is less interesting than Activision's Call To Power 2 with Age Of Man 4 mod or even FreeCiv for that matter. So yes, the Team has done a smashing job with ROM! Fraxis should make it an "official expansion". :)

I think the biggest drawback to making it an "official" expansion would be that it's certainly way more intense than new players could handle. Tons of new options, a ridiculously huge tech tree, lots of new units... Balancing this thing properly for multiplayer would be a nightmare. Plus, since it's a collection of a bunch of mods, they'd need to get permission from every person who's worked on it in order to make it happen.

So, I don't see that happening, but I do hope they incorporate some of the ideas contained in it for the next release. I agree that vanilla Civ4 didn't have much more "new" over previous versions, but the modding SDK and general scriptability is certainly a huge undertaking by itself. Stability hasn't been a problem since the 1.52 patch for me, and I also play the game under Linux, so that's saying a lot. :)

Anyway, I'll probably check out the 2.6 version after I finish this Marathon game and maybe contribute a few tooltips or other content where stuff is missing. Thanks again, Zap!

I can't really add much more than what has already been said. For me this mod has refreshed my interest in Civ and once again I am scouring these forums on a far too frequent basis waiting for news and updates on this superb mod.

zappara, I salute you. :salute:

I never properly thanked Zappara for making the only Civ 4 mod I ever play anymore, so, yeah...thanks Zap. And thanks for your work on Morrowind modding; I just came across one of your projects on Planet Elder Scrolls and might give it a shot. ;)

Yeah, I've been following RoM since I first stumbled upon it in the early days of 1.0. I got my friend who I play with to also get it and ever since, vanilla Civ is just too plain. It has made our gaming experiences a new and wonderful joy... Rise of Mankind is a great mod and I hope it continues to grow.

Yay zap! This mod is awesome, hope CivV is like this.

First of all, thanks to all the modders contributing to this collection. Without their work there wouldn't be a RoM.

Secondly thanks to Zappara for all the time, energy and skill used to combine it all.
It cannot be easy with so many different contributors.

There is no question that the guys at Firafax are pulling their hair, trying to match the greateness in RoM for Civ V. Personally I think that Civ V will be a step back from RoM, but hell, then we have great modders like Zappara to make it better.

Keep up the good work!

Sid and Firaxis have got to take a serious look at ROM when/if they are developing Civ 5. Frankly I was quite surprised when Civ 4 came out and it wasn't like Rise and Rule/DYP. If Civ 5 isn't alot like ROM, I will be quite disappointed. They made colonization for the fans which I greatly appreciate. Now they need to make Civ 5 for the fans who've been with them since Civ 1. Hardcore strategy like ROM.

I've spent hundreds of hours playing this mod which truly has "changed the face of Civ forever". Many, many thanks to everyone who was involved in its creation and of course to the magnificent Zapp for putting it all together, fixing, and updating it. I really wish there was something I could do to help the cause. Alas I guess my praise will have to do.
completely aggree
ROM is what civ 5 should be
it is truly amazing detailed mod

This guy can't rest !! I haven't finished a game for a loooooong time now. :)

Zappara turned an unfinished and crude product into a masterpiece. If it wasn't for Rise of Mankind, "the epic struggle of survival and world domination" would be just a farce.

I never properly thanked Zappara for making the only Civ 4 mod I ever play anymore, so, yeah...thanks Zap. And thanks for your work on Morrowind modding; I just came across one of your projects on Planet Elder Scrolls and might give it a shot. ;)
Seems one of my Morrowind mods is in Hall of Fame... :eek: whatever that means - I had lots of fun modding Morrowind when designing puzzle filled quests, I remember getting lots of emails every week from people who were begging for hints how to solve those hard puzzles :lol:

Greatest mod ever. I'm just worried when civ 5 comes out it'll be a step back from what you've done here zap.
I'll just mod Civ 5 then! :lol:

Top Bottom