The Space Race Mod v4

The Templar

Commissar
The modern era in Civ3 is lame. So I redesigned the modern era tech tree and made the space race more interesting. My modpack:

(1) Reconfigures the entire modern age tech tree, so that it both makes sense and is more historically accurate (satelites existed BEFORE space travel for instance).

(2) Moves the space race to the end of the modern era. You can no longer achieve a space race victory before discovering stealth and robotics.

(3) Makes the Americans commercial and industrious.

Check it out!

Attachments

• space race mod v4 (1 of 2).zip
    170.6 KB · Views: 597
Here's a picture of my modern age tech tree:

Attachments

• modern age.jpg
    modern age.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,972
hm I dont know but ur right, it really looks cool, Im gonna DL it right away :)

Wow! I didn't even know this existed. :eek: You did such a professional job of modding the tech tree. I want to modify the tree, but I despise the task of redoing the arrows.

I'll definitely have to download this one. When's your new one coming out?

agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"... :)

Bumpity Bumpity...

PtW Version ? Is the v4 compatible ?

I'd like to give your mod a whirl

I like the new modern age tree.

I however would like to wonder why you need to know robotics to learn genetics. Genetics and Robotics were both originally dead-end. Genetics should still be dead-end to me, unless robotics has something to do with genetics...

Other than that, great. And one last thing - How come there's no pcx file for the Deep Space Travel, Expert Systems, or Cryonics Civlopedia entries? There's a pink thing where the pcx should be.

EDIT: Silly me. I put the pcx in the wrong folder...

Originally posted by yelahneb
agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"... :)

Been looking for ways to do that for a while. I haven't come up with any. I don't think it is possible, although I would love it. Let me know if you or your buds discover a way. Thanks.

Sorry about the delay - it was law school exam time so I had no time to work on the mod. The PTW version is called the "Space Age Mod" (has a nice kitchy ring to it). It will be on a new thread since it is different in several significant ways.

I won a space race victory with this mod (my favorite victory!) and I actually got to use modern time units! Yay! thanks a lot, this mod is great!

mod looks cool and i'll probably download it.

agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"...
^^^^ you could rename ancient age to ancient/medival age and push everything back...

Top Bottom