The Very Many Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Action: As it turns out, Xenforo doesn't possess a feature that nearly every other forum software does. To fix my mistake, I've found the original OPs of the two serial threads and have separated them from the merged monstrosity I accidentally formed. You can see the monstrosity here.

And I thought it was only Max Caulfield who could rewind all her social encounters if she didn't like them!

Yes... well... I'm always up for new experiences.

I think it's fair that commentary on this mess-up won't count as PDMA (to a reasonable extent, of course), but hopefully everyone can forgive me. :p

We'll all look back on this and laugh.

:shifty:

I forgot that my comment was technically PDMA. :blush: As you were... :shifty:

Obviously the proper thing would be for each of you to infract the other. Moderators cannot be above the rules, after all. :scan:

Too much fraternisation in the ranks, clearly!

I'm just rando-quoting you to get your attention. Sorry.

Er... are Polish people familiar with a substance called quark? (twarog?)
In know Russians are, as well as some other slavs.

If the answer is yes, how normal or weird would you rate the idea of making Sernik with quark rather than cream cheese?

The wife of a coworker is from the Czech Republic and she knows quark - at least she complained about the lack of it in China - so as most surrounding cultures know of quark it is highly probable the Poles have it too.

The wife of a coworker is from the Czech Republic and she knows quark - at least she complained about the lack of it in China - so as most surrounding cultures know of quark it is highly probable the Poles have it too.
I figured as much.
But i ran into a bunch of Sernik recipies claiming athenticity up the wazoo.
All based on cream cheese.
Hence my curiosity.

If people from Poland are called Poles, should people from Holland be called Holes?

The two words don't rhyme.

Besides, the country is the Netherlands. :)

And it would be Holls in any case. Notice the two l's against Poland's one.

How do you add quote tags to text blocks other than manually typing them out? The old forum software had a button specifically for that purpose but I cannot find one on this software.

How do you add quote tags to text blocks other than manually typing them out? The old forum software had a button specifically for that purpose but I cannot find one on this software.

You can highlight the text in a post and a little hover menu will appear allowing you to quote it.

Unless you mean through the editing window?

Click that button. A menu will appear with four choices with Quote at the very top.

Through the editing window. I often break up long posts into chunks and quote them individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom