Things I learned about the science of warfare through Civilization IV

:lol: that's great :goodjob:

Wrong, you don't see them until you know how to put a fence around them.

Also wrong. By having knowledge of calendar, a civ merely is able to grow those things as they know when you could cultivate what in which space of time (which they found out by "try and error" and now can somehow remember :p)

#374 Having knowledge of Calendar, your civ instantly in which part of the world it is placed. Even if they can't even draw maps.

#375 Developing a "Scientific Method" slows the research of your civilization down by obsoleting a Huge Library. This is because all scientists now don't need to go to libraries anymore, they only learn from Wikipedia, Google, etc.

damn it you're right :( but it was funny when I typed it. Now I'm just lame lol

376) It would not take any longer to get Elephants over a hill than a flat grassland. Unless that Elephant was specially trained in using Roads.

And people thought Hannibal was crazy!

377) Men with rifles from the 1900s are capable of destroying Gunships. This is because antique rifles all have extremely tiny ground to air missile launchers fitted above the barrel. For bird hunting.

378) Soldiers were taught how to deal with people with guns before guns were invented. People believed that the god Quewaticotl had a stick that shot fire and lightning. The religion said that the day of reckoning would come someday (Where Quewaticotl would arm his army of giant gopher-buffalo with these sticks), so they were taught how to defend against them. Everyone on Earth believed this religion until sometime in the early 1500s, where everyone decided that the religion was silly, and moved on to a different one (Which, incidentally, was exactly the same thing, except the army of gopher-buffalos traveled in tiny castles that ride on two caterpillars).

379) On the day the Manhattan Project was made, Dr. Oppenheimer decided he wanted to be "a good sport", so he e-mailed (computers existed before the Manhattan Project was finished) the blueprints of the early nuke to every single nation on planet Earth.

380) The building of the Taj Mahal started a great period of, for lack of a better word, awesomeness, making India a military superpower, an economic powerhouse, and lifted almost all of their people out of poverty. >_>

381) Air travel is instantaneous, but makes you so sick, you aren't able to move for a year.

382) Catapults could be taught how to ambush tanks in 3000 BC.

383) Training a unit in how to cover will help him a great deal against archers but nothing against gunpowder units. That is because he only learns how to cover behind a big wooden shield.

Btw, 378 is not entirely true. You can't give units pinch before gunpowder, so people weren't specifically trained against gunpowder then. They just accidentally became better by learning how to raid cities.

384) You can know that in exactly 20years (2 turns) a great person will be born, but you may never know exactly in what field he will be great.

385) (And most importantly) In ancient warfare, it is 3 vs 3, and you're secretly hoping that in the first 'round' you will lose 2 of your men compared to one of your opponents men/barbarians/animals. This is because you know that after that your lone guy will develop superhuman powers and always win, first bashing the guy directly opposite him, then running to the side and doing the same to the other who simply sits there and takes it!

386: The leaders of rival civilizations ALWAYS seem to travel with the first group of explorers to reach your land and can yell across vast distances of oceans or land to make sure you, sitting in your capital, know they've arrived.

387: Some politicians will sacrifice economic growth and happiness of thier people just because they "don't like you enough"

388: Another civilizations concept of Drama is worth your Gunpowder and 3000 of your gold, ir at least they think it is lol. (This actually happened in a game of mine - as soon as I got gunpowder another ciz wanted to trade me thier crappy tech, like drama or what ever it was for my gunpowder and 3000 of my gold lol)

382)
Btw, 378 is not entirely true. You can't give units pinch before gunpowder, so people weren't specifically trained against gunpowder then. They just accidentally became better by learning how to raid cities.

You can give it to them in the ancient era, at least in Vanilla and Warlords. i don't have BtS so...

389) Great Britian does not have banks but instead all money is put into stocks.

389) Great Britian does not have banks but instead all money is put into stocks.
Google Northern Rock. You might just be right.

390. Invading a country takes so long (4 or 5 centuries) that you start out with men on foot wielding big sticks and when you get to the other end of the continent they are driving tanks and carrying machine guns.

391. You can't equip your men with new weapons in the field, but you can do so instantaneously the moment they capture the city they are laying siege to.

385) (And most importantly) In ancient warfare, it is 3 vs 3, and you're secretly hoping that in the first 'round' you will lose 2 of your men compared to one of your opponents men/barbarians/animals. This is because you know that after that your lone guy will develop superhuman powers and always win, first bashing the guy directly opposite him, then running to the side and doing the same to the other who simply sits there and takes it!

QFT. The first person who has one soldier left usually wins the fight from what I've seen. :crazyeye:

393). Mugabe can go up to George Bush or Gordon Brown and threaten to go to war with them if they don't change back to Despotism like himself.

Theres quite a few repeats ... people should read before posting. Also should post a pseudo scientific reason why things happen like the OP and only about half of the others, thats what makes it funny.

Amphibeous War Elephants were the premier attack unit during the Medevil Era.
War elephants travel well in Galleys, don't get sea sick and can charge off of gang planks into a city, destroy all cultural buildings and defile the Budahist priestessess.

394) When a city is captured by an opposing army they will ultimatly decided to vandalize all the wonders in the city. They do this for the purpose so that if the other army takes it then they will no longer be able to use it's power of song and dance to take your land.

Is that scientific?

That's actually realistic, sorta. If an army invaded my city, I'd burn everything I could so they couldn't profit off of what we did.

Top Bottom