Things that might/might not be possiable as an add to ffh2

sirWOW

Chieftain
yeah like the title says what might be or might not be added to fall from heaven 2 ?With the main project done, you guys said you will hadd fixed and addons to the finished version. my guess would be that might not be added in the near future is ceratio mana and spells since you guys haven't thought much about it and it there a chance you guys might put back in the guilds?
so yeah this is a thread that some people might want to put any questions about the future of fall from haven 2 and of course a place where th team maybe able to answer here.

Welcome to civfanatics.

There is a very very low likely hood of ever adding guilds back in. I dont expect to ever add them.

Ive read a ton of ideas for creation mana and I've never seen one that I really got excited about. They are all designed backwards (as an attempt to find a feature to fill out the spreadsheet, instead of finding a design need and using the spell to address it).

I know of 1 force spell that I like and 2 good dimensional spells. So I guess it would be possible that those spheres get added, but chances are still low.

Incidently the patch thread has a "Things to do" section where I track things I have left to do. Though Im sure it doesnt go into the detail you may be looking for (though its telling that guilds, creation, force and dimensional mana arent on the lists).

Fall Further adds some spells for Creation, Force, Dimensional and a couple of other mana types. Too many in my opinion, but I won't be surprised to see them trimmed down later.

I wish it would be possible for almost every Civ to get a dragon, or simply make Acheron easier to capture, so any civ could get that one

Then again, that could be a little unbalanced for civs who currently get a dragon

So, care to tell us what those force and dimensional ideas you are considering are?

Forcepush is the force spell. I like escape for dimensional 1 and a spell that creates and links 2 portals as the dimensional 3. But not realy plans to add them in, I just think they are good ideas.

@sirWOW
There's a reason there is a modmod section for FfH. Use it to make your ideas a reality. Then, those that choose to can DL your modmod(s) and enjoy them. :) Also, welcome to Civfanatics FfH Forum.

Forcepush is the force spell. I like escape for dimensional 1 and a spell that creates and links 2 portals as the dimensional 3. But not realy plans to add them in, I just think they are good ideas.

I'm sure you've already considered these, but you probably remember the force-type spells from AD&D: magic missile, shield, wall of force, repulsion (which is probably similar to the "forcepush" spell you mentioned). I'm neutral on more spells, anyway, there's plenty of fun stuff in the game already. They'd be fun, but not critical.

More spells would be cool. It's jus a fine line between too many spells and the right amount. Findin that perfect amount (that will satisfy EVERYONE) is impossible. Sides, if we really want more spells and can't wait at all, there's always modmods. :)

I'd like to know if there's any chance that second 3rd level spells will be added, as many people seem to be disappointed by the amount of summons in there, and the idea has been around for some time, now.

So what do you say, Kael?
Thanks

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't want to launch a new "what's your personal new idea" series. I had faith in the thread's title... what foolishness!

What about a force 3 spell that acts like a temporary ring of carcer (Force field?). It could hold any units in the caster's tile in place for a few turns, but would allow healing. It would also prevent any low level units from attacking the stack.

For Guilds try Orbis Mod. It adds them and much more but not too much, so for everyone who doesn't want to alter gameplay, but enhance the options, Orbis mod is really great.

I always wanted to do something with the unpassable Ice on the Ocean. I think it would fit in the force mana.

For force spell I:
Crush Ice - destroys Ice on the title, works only on ice placed on ocean and coast

I miss the assassins guild myself.

Maybe you could try them on the new patch. And if they work the way you want, keep em in. If not, take em out. Cuz those do sound really cool.

I'd imagine that he still hasn't come up with a good way of controlling where the 2 ends of the portal should be created. He also probably wouldn't want to add useless resources and promotions just to lead to spells he wants to test.

While I really liked the idea of creating 2 linked portals, right now I'm thinking that adding an ICBM-transport-summon may be better. It could allow you to carry a small stack of units to any tile on the map (except those within 1 tile of neutral lands or units, or actually hitting enemy units as that would kill your transport and everyone in it), and requires nothing but XML (although that 1 line SDK change that Grey Fox that I got Grey Fox to add to Broader Alignments and which has long been a part of FF would be helpful, as otherwise forgetting to manually unload units in a summon will kill them when the summon's duration runs out).

Top Bottom