"This deal cannot be cancelled"?

ermcool

Chieftain
Ok, I traded iron to the aztecs, and now I cannot build swordsmen/etc, so I went to cancel my iron trade deal with the aztecs, and the game will not let me cancel that deal. I can cancel the others, just not this one, figures. Anyways, was wondering if there is a solution to this other than going to war?

Hi

I think once you make a trade it has to stand for at least 10 turns before you can just cancel it.

Kaytie

Just an extra word of advice: never ever trade iron to the Aztecs. Unless it is the modern age and the resource is more or less useless.

Never trade iron period. Especially to warmongers. Only as Yngvi says, when its useless. Maybe to your allies. Maybe.

Never trade iron period. Especially to warmongers. Only as Yngvi says, when its useless. Maybe to your allies. Maybe.

I'd happily trade it to someone shaka is bearing down on.

I will also happily trade copper to any civ that already has iron anyway for a good :) resource AND some gold :rolleyes: (even funnier after colossus is built). No qualms about trading those kinds of resources to civs that can't declare on me, either.

So Iron to Aztecs doesn't help them? (A bit hazy on the Aztecs) Was the warning about not giving them Iron in trade leaving out something?

Just an extra word of advice: never ever trade iron to the Aztecs. Unless it is the modern age and the resource is more or less useless.

It doesn't make any difference to the Aztecs unless he has Civil Service. Jaguars don't need Iron.

So Iron to Aztecs doesn't help them? (A bit hazy on the Aztecs) Was the warning about not giving them Iron in trade leaving out something?

The Aztecs don't need Iron until it's time for them to build Macemen as Jaguars don't need it. But they can also build Macemen with Copper so even then it may not be a benefit. The first unit of theirs that absolutely requires it is Knights, then later on Cannon.

I would never trade iron to the Aztecs-or anyone else. If they didn't have copper either, the OP's trade now allows Monty to build axemen and spearmen. Monty is bad enough with jags let alone letting him attack you with a combined arms stack.

I don't trade any of my military resources until they're no longer needed for building units, or unless it's to my vassal. The whole point of those resources is to maintain an advantage over your opponents so it doesn't make alot of sense to just hand them over. The only exception I'll make is if a potential rival is waging war against another civ who's weaker, and trading a resource will help even the odds. If handing over Iron so someone like Monty or Shaka has a tougher time of things, then it might be worth it. Sometimes I'll even gift a resource in those situations. Not very often though.

I just follow the idiotic, yet stoic, principle of not doing anything that other civs demand, or ask. I have my national sovereignty and integrity to preserve.

I would never trade iron to the Aztecs-or anyone else. If they didn't have copper either, the OP's trade now allows Monty to build axemen and spearmen. Monty is bad enough with jags let alone letting him attack you with a combined arms stack.
There is something to not trading him iron when he has no copper.
In the hand of the AI, jaguars are a joke whereas tons of aggressive axemen are annoying.

On trading ressources:
One of my habits is trading stone or marble to my neighbours for gpt, :mischief:

I just follow the idiotic, yet stoic, principle of not doing anything that other civs demand, or ask. I have my national sovereignty and integrity to preserve.

:agree:

I once rejected a demand from Monty when he was Annoyed, and my ratio to him was .5.

The demand was 1 gpt.

Death before tribute:aargh:!!!

:agree:

I once rejected a demand from Monty when he was Annoyed, and my ratio to him was .5.

The demand was 1 gpt.

Death before tribute:aargh:!!!

What does "my ratio to him was.5" mean? Apparently there is some stat that I am missing.

@ guenzak

He probably is using the BUG mod. The ratio is the power ratio which means monty's military strength was about double his. So he refused a 1 GPT tribute from Monty who will probably attack him immediately and in force.

Thanks nbcman!!!

The Aztecs don't need Iron until it's time for them to build Macemen as Jaguars don't need it. But they can also build Macemen with Copper so even then it may not be a benefit. The first unit of theirs that absolutely requires it is Knights, then later on Cannon.

Crossbows and Pikemen too

I'll happily give that psycho Monty my Iron, and offer it to him graciously as he dances at the end of my spear. :mwaha:

Top Bottom