Tile Yields (List)

Schuesseled

Deity
I'd like everyones help compiling a list of tile yields, for those that can be bothered to help, please post a screenshot link for a tiles yield you have discovered, thats not already on the list. Could be fun.

Some basic info:

Golden age goves an increase of 1 production and 1 commerce to tiles that already have those yields. So we'll state basic yields, and follow up with a link for proof.

Grassland: 2 :food:

Plains: 1 :food:, 1 :hammers:

Hill (Plains & Grassland): 2 :hammers:

Spoiler :

Tundra: 1 :food:

Resources:

Iron: (w/o mine) + 1 :hammers: , + 1 :commerce:

Spoiler :

Bannanas: (w/ plantation) + 3 :food: , - 1 :hammers:

Spoiler :

Terrain Modifications:

Grassland With Forest: 1 :food:, 1 :hammers:

Plains With Forest: 1 :food:, 2 :hammers:

Plains With Jungle: 2 :food:

Rivers seem to give some tiles + 1 :commerce: and others none, so... i don't know about that.

Improvement Modifications:

Farm: + 1 :food: (Additional + 1 :food: with irrigation or biology.)

thank you quintus. I might even get round to putting up the rest of the proof, wht i have of it anyway. If more people showed an interest in me doing so anyway.

Will the actual game be as blurry as those screenshots?

heh.. yes if your watching yourself play thorugh a video camera's recording, and then strecth the size of that reording so it can fill up the screen on your computer where your back watching it again.

Otherwise no, it will not be that blurry.

On the screenshot mentioned under Iron (w/o mine), i see the following ressources. Even though i cant say if there is a mine or not.

Iron: (w/o mine) 1 :food: 3 :hammers: , 2 :commerce:

Considering it are plains (and not Hill plains) iron should give:

2 :hammers: 2 :commerce:

Am i right?

Sorry if this has been noticed before and it does not relate to tile yields, but in the third screenshot the strategic resources of oil and aluminium are negative and in red, which must mean that the strategic resources at the top tells you how much you have left rather than how much you have in total. A negative amount means that the unit must have been built when the resource was available and then subsequently lost, leaving a resource deficit. I wonder whether such units can carry on indefinitely after such resources have been lost or must be eventually be disbanded. It's whether the resources sustain the unit or are only required to build them, my guess is the latter.

A negative amount means that the unit must have been built when the resource was available and then subsequently lost, leaving a resource deficit.

Maybe the presentation guys just used the editor to add units that need resources and didn't give the respective civ enough resources to go with the units. ;)

On the screenshot mentioned under Iron (w/o mine), i see the following ressources. Even though i cant say if there is a mine or not.

Iron: (w/o mine) 1 :food: 3 :hammers: , 2 :commerce:

Considering it are plains (and not Hill plains) iron should give:

2 :hammers: 2 :commerce:

Am i right?

golden age gives 1 :hammers: and 1 :commerce: to any tile that has at least one of those yields. so we can reduce the tile yields by said amount to correct for golden age leaving

1 :food:, 2 :hammers: and 1 :commerce:

Plains gives 1 :food: and 1 :hammers:

Therefore iron (w/o a mine, it has to be without btw as its in neutral culture, no one owns it, to have built a mine on it) gives 1 :hammers: and 1 :commerce:

Nice job Schuesseled.

However based on this screenshot of a city screen, I think that farms give +1:food:, not +2:food:
Spoiler :
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/e3_2010_civ5_c.jpg

There are 4 tiles producing 2:food: and 2:hammers: during a Golden Age. I assume that these are Plains + Farm. So unless the base production of Plains is only 1:hammers:, it looks like farms are still +1:food:. Although Biology could still be a tech.

Nice job Schuesseled.

However based on this screenshot of a city screen, I think that farms give +1:food:, not +2:food:
Spoiler :
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/e3_2010_civ5_c.jpg

There are 4 tiles producing 2:food: and 2:hammers: during a Golden Age. I assume that these are Plains + Farm. So unless the base production of Plains is only 1:hammers:, it looks like farms are still +1:food:. Although Biology could still be a tech.

either that or the ones i saw were irrigated. (my farms of 4 for grass and 3 for plains were in the modern era, so either biology or irrigation.)

heh.. yes if your watching yourself play thorugh a video camera's recording, and then strecth the size of that reording so it can fill up the screen on your computer where your back watching it again.

Otherwise no, it will not be that blurry.

David, dont be so sarcastic, wags finger*

David, why don't you screenshot in HD videos, they are much clearer.

@Cheese if you watch a full HD video you will see how pretty the game is. I fell in love with the graphics as soon as I saw it :eek:

David, dont be so sarcastic, wags finger*

David, why don't you screenshot in HD videos, they are much clearer.

@Cheese if you watch a full HD video you will see how pretty the game is. I fell in love with the graphics as soon as I saw it :eek:

well sorry but its so obvious that the blurriness was caused by streching a small image such as that captured by a camera to a large image displayed on his monitor was the cause of the blurriness not a flaw in the games graphics.

Come on, can you not detect the slightest amount of humour? If not, I am sorry.

sarcasm is extrmely hard to detect unless you make it obvious.

ooooh your so clever....

Ooh your so clever!

which of those sounds sarcastic. You have to put ephasis on sarcasm, both when writing or speaking.

Make it obvious or don't complain when no one gets your jokes, now are you gonna contribute anything to this thread....

well sorry but its so obvious that the blurriness was caused by streching a small image such as that captured by a camera to a large image displayed on his monitor was the cause of the blurriness not a flaw in the games graphics.

I'm so sorry I don't have psychic screenshot powers. Perhaps I need to cut down on life.

Re Jun 25 0425: Well, are you going to get up in arms about one post? Are you gonna single out a single person for not being sure if those are in-game screenshots, when one person just wrote 'Good Job'?

No. I will not contribute anything to this thread, so long as I will be attacked for worrying slightly when a two-word reply is fine. Goodbye, then.

Bye, :).

Perhaps rivers are only giving improoved tiles +1 :commerce:, check if non-improoved tiles have +1 :commerce: too.

I'm so sorry I don't have psychic screenshot powers. Perhaps I need to cut down on life.

Re Jun 25 0425: Well, are you going to get up in arms about one post? Are you gonna single out a single person for not being sure if those are in-game screenshots, when one person just wrote 'Good Job'?

No. I will not contribute anything to this thread, so long as I will be attacked for worrying slightly when a two-word reply is fine. Goodbye, then.

alright then cya

@12ag
, you might jsut be right, i shall check soon.

Top Bottom