To much of the fancy stuff, yes it can be!

MAS

Deity
This forum has more features, smily's, options and more complex style's and page design than almost any other forum i have ever encountered!

But sometimes it appears to be prossesed as fast as a huge civ3 map with 16 civ's in modern age!

Ok, maybe i exaggerated it a bit, but lets just say that i have seen faster forums!:rolleyes:

I wonder, maybe its good to have a bit less fancy features and a forum who's pages can be rendered faster!
Also, less MB's need to be sent to my computer so that means less bandwidth, less costs!:D

I'm not complaining or anything, just suggesting! :D

(And no, nothing is wrong with my connection, and its broadband)

This forum has more features, smily's, options and more complex style's and page design than almost any other forum i have ever encountered!
You don't get out much, do ya? ;)

:D j/k

Actually, one of the things I like about this site is its relative simplicity.

Mas, have you turned off smilies?
Have you turned off user avatars?
Have you turned off user signatures?
If not, try it out, maybe your COMPUTER is slow... :lol:

CFC is about as fast as any forum I've ever been too (and I've been to quite a few), even with these new mods and my dial-up. :yeah:

I've seen slower forums with less. ;)

I am not talking about connection speed, its just that this forums "feels" instable!

I'm sure there are WAY more outrages websites out there. But i am only saying that i have seen more modest ones. And that the more modest ones seem to go smoother to me.

Of course if the connection is laggy it always goes slower!

My computer is not slow, i have a iMac with 400mhzG3 and 386 MB ram. Of course, if i just buy a super computer similar to what the US army is using for whatever dark purpose then almost ANY website will go fast, no matter how complex!
I admit that MS IE 5, the browser i use, is known to be slow.

But all this SHOULDN'T be any problem. And actually it isn't, i find the speed of this forum accepteble. but still, i think it could still look decent if it was made with less table elements!

I agree with you there, i don't know whats wrong with poly but its gotta be pretty bad, It's unbeleaveble how slow that site is! :smoke:

But comparing to sites that are even slower can almost always be done, and it says little in most cases.

What i am saying here actually applys to more sites that i come across lately. Where i think that a similar restult can be yield using less TABLE elements!

I mean, i'm stuck buying faster and faster computers only to have programmers , webmasters, and the like produce less and less efficient stuff! :crazyeye:

I disagree, even on a dialup connection the forum is pretty fast for me and I almost never have a single problem with it. You'll notice none of the features really get in the way, they are all optional. The default style looks a little hectic with the bg image that TF is planning on removing. When I get a cable connection, these things will fly!

And the forums have been very stable lately

Top Bottom