Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Oh, I assumed they'd get renamed even in the selection screen, but only during a game? That's a great way to do it. What happens when I get to the Tang dynasty then?

I didn't notice the graphic, that's a nice touch!

The code only runs at game-start, so, yeah, it only applies in game. If you get to a duplicate dynasty (playing with TarcisioCM's Song mod, LastSword's Qin mod, or Wu Zetian at the moment) Xia gets named as a "direction" "dynasty name". So like Northen Song or Western Zhou instead of Song or Zhou (actually, I think the chosen direction is random in the released version). Some other miscellaneous text is also changed, but essentially, you should never end up with the exact same name as an existing civ.

The code only runs at game-start, so, yeah, it only applies in game. If you get to a duplicate dynasty (playing with TarcisioCM's Song mod, LastSword's Qin mod, or Wu Zetian at the moment) Xia gets named as a "direction" "dynasty name". So like Northen Song or Western Zhou instead of Song or Zhou (actually, I think the chosen direction is random in the released version). Some other miscellaneous text is also changed, but essentially, you should never end up with the exact same name as an existing civ.

That is amazing.

The dynastic capitals are marked on the map with a Forbidden Palace graphic in the city, though.

Wu Zetian already gets re-named to Tang if (Xia is active, Wu Zetian is an AI, and the dynasty split is not active).

Oh, that icon is the forbidden palace? Would be nice to get one extra vote per each dynasty with the forbidden palace built... :lol:
When playing with EUI, the leader display under the top panel shows Wu as the leader of China.

That's good to know. I've incorporated them into my mod, but already had the Han, Qin and Zhou. It really is an excellent civ, Tomatekh.

In this case I should say it specifically checks the short descriptions for "Zhou" "Han" "Qin" etc. (basically following the naming convention I used myself for Xia). If your mod uses "the Zhou" or "the Han" you'll need to slightly edit the code and add the "the". As a backup the mod also checks the specific XML Tags of the other modded civs. This is done as an "or" so there's no need to change both, but if it's easier you can also just replace that.

If you look in the "Xia Mod Dynasty Scripts" lua file and search for "--Check/Save Doubles" it will bring you to the section.

So, for example:

Code:
if (Locale.ConvertTextKey(dPlayer:GetCivilizationShortDescription()) == "Qin") or (dPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_QIN_LS_MOD) then

So you can change the "Qin" to "The Qin" if your mod uses that or just change the civilization tag from Lastsword's Qin to the Anno Domini Qin tag if necessary. If you're mod isn't using "the", there should be no need to change anything. (I honestly should have thought to include a contingency for "the" and will probably add that in next update).

I really like the Xia, and the Tuo Ma graphics are so cool! Question: does the foundry's culture bonus only apply if the GW slot has been filled in previous dynasty(s)?

No, it will always give 2 x the current dynasty count so it doesn't matter if it was or was not filled previously.

This civ is awesome. Actually continued to play long after I had won the game to see what bonuses I would get from the next dynasties.

So as soon as I start a game as Xia, I start with no settler or warrior and insta lose the game. What do

So as soon as I start a game as Xia, I start with no settler or warrior and insta lose the game. What do

Post your mod load order and logs.

How many dynasties are on the Xia mod? I ask cause I was just playing it, got to Shang, took a capital and put a courthouse in it and it didn't move up.

I am assuming that Xia and Shang dynasties are the only ones in this mod?

How many dynasties are on the Xia mod? I ask cause I was just playing it, got to Shang, took a capital and put a courthouse in it and it didn't move up.

Goes all the way up to PRC

Okay, about Wu again: her units are still called "Chinese ..."
Also, Are the Olmecs your next civ?

Were you using IGE? I found out the ability doesn't work putting a courthouse in the city with IGE, you need to actually build it. Also, I think it only works for original capitals.

Okay, about Wu again: her units are still called "Chinese ..."

Wu Zetian changes to Tang for me, but I think Tomatekh said its only if they're AI and Xia is in the game.

It doesn't have all the dynasties. I skipped a few like the Jins, the multiple dynasty periods, the Western/Eastern/Southern/etc versions of the dynasties, (and the Republic of China). I had to limit how many times you could change to fit it into the plan of the mod. I tried to include all the major dynasties, however.

You can change dynasties a total of 11 times. In terms of foriegn capitals, it only works with original capitals (you can't take a capital then conquer the next city over that turned into a new capital after the original fell and expect to get two dynasties out of it). And, yes, a lot of the functions won't work if you cheat with IGE. There is currently a bug due to how I saved plots (thanks for pointing this out LastSword), where if two original capitals were founded in exact opposite plots in a game, they collectively can only count once for a dynasty switch (but this should rarely actually happen anyway).

In terms of the Wu to Tang change. It's only if China is AI, Xia is in the game, and JFD's Dynasty Split is not loaded. It's done the same way the Xia dynasty name change is done, so there shouldn't be an issue unless someone hardcoded "China" text somewhere. When reloading the game, some of the unit adjective text might revert just because of limitations to the method.

As for the Olmecs, they're not my release.

Were you using IGE? I found out the ability doesn't work putting a courthouse in the city with IGE, you need to actually build it. Also, I think it only works for original capitals.

Wu Zetian changes to Tang for me, but I think Tomatekh said its only if they're AI and Xia is in the game.

I am playing as Xia....
So... whats your next civ? maybe a Garamantes update?

Is there a way to have both Xia and Shang in a game? (Battle of Mingtiao)
Edit: Also, why does Wu Zetian change to Tang but not Wu Zhou?

Top Bottom