Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Can I post the contents of my old post here (after I find it)? I think all I had were Civ names, leader names and what the focus of the civ could be but it might give you some ideas if they interest you.

Sure, you can post your ideas.

Well I cleared my cache and just loaded up my gameplay tweak mods and Harappa worked as intended, so looks like some civilization is conflicting with it. I'll start a full mod load game here soon and put up the lua log in case the trouble civ can be identified. Otherwise I'll have to slowly chop down the number of civs to see where the troublemaker is.

As predicted, it didn't work. Here's the lua log:
http://pastebin.com/WkVpFvM6

Thanks! I'll try to look through it later. A quick glance says the lua is definitely not loading for some reason as there's no "Harappa Check" print statement. It's odd, though, because that statement should show up even if the lua eventually fails. You wouldn't still happen to have the database log as well?

Gojoseon

Leader: Dangun Wanggeom

Capital: Asadal

Religion: Tengriism or Muism if Historical Religions is present.

Focus: Culture, Military.

Buyeo

Leader: Hae Mo-su

Capital: Buyeo

Religion: Tengriism, Muism

Focus: Growth/Food

Goguryeo

Leader: Gwanggaeto the Great

Capital: Gungnae

Religion: Buddhism, Muism

Focus: Military

Baekje

Leader: Onjo

Capital: Wirye

Religion: Buddhism, Mahayana

Focus: Naval, Sea Trade

Silla

Leader: Hyeokgeose

Capital: Gyeongju

Religion: Buddhism, Mahayana

Focus: Faith

Wikipedia had much more information, I liked reading about Korean kingdoms that weren't so heaviliy influenced by China. I forget now (the post was from a year ago), but I think the Goguryeo kingdom is where the name Korea was eventually derived from.

Thanks! I'll try to look through it later. A quick glance says the lua is definitely not loading for some reason as there's no "Harappa Check" print statement. It's odd, though, because that statement should show up even if the lua eventually fails. You wouldn't still happen to have the database log as well?

Nooope. Started another game. But I can start another Harappa game and post the logs after quitting it. Just have to wait for all the mods to load...

Okay, here's the messier database log from the new Harappa test game.
http://pastebin.com/kQAsqWn7

Nooope. Started another game. But I can start another Harappa game and post the logs after quitting it. Just have to wait for all the mods to load...

Okay, here's the messier database log from the new Harappa test game.
http://pastebin.com/kQAsqWn7

Wow, a lot of mods don't use TXT_KEYS :p

Thanks! I'll try to look through the logs and sort out the conflict.

Yeah, some civilization I have has to really dislike the lua of your mods, because I had a city connection in my Mali game and no extra faith from that.

Found the culprit. Bane_'s Azande civilization.

Hmm, I just tested several of my civs along with the Azande, (so only Sumer and Azande active or only Harappa and Azande active) and my mods worked fine, so the answer might be more complicated. There's nothing in the Azande mod that would seem to cause this problem.

I've been working through the lua log. A bunch of mods so far have runtime errors, but again nothing that should conflict. I've been checking these mods against mine without any error. It's odd because from your logs it seems like the various "Harappa Check", "Sumer Check" lua files aren't loading at all, which would presumably only happen if those files were removed (or the content line deleted from the modinfo) or someone included an identically named file with VFS True that loaded after it.

If removing the Azande actually did fix it for you, I'm glad, but I'm still confused about the problem :p

A bit late to the party, but I must say that Xia really is an outstanding Civ, one of the very best. It takes what I believe to be a good core idea in Civ design - to make the player work to receive their rewards - and takes it to another level with a seamless mix of unique gameplay and historical accuracy. Great presentation too. Can't wait to see what will follow it!

Is that a new Garamentes avatar? :)

Djalla into space? :lol:

If that's supposed to be Djalla, he's up there with Cosijoeza for whitest person of color in Civ.

Cosijoeza's scene is at night yo, that makes everything pale.

Top Bottom