Total breakdown after capital falls (= empty cities)

It'd combine great with the culture aspect of civ3. Civ splits in halve, culture splits in half.
Combine it with neat diplomatic tricks, and it'd be great!

Imagine:

You're at war with the chinese, and upon capture of their capital, their empire splits in half... and here come the Coreans! They immediately sign mpp's with the rest of the world, and you can kiss your plans of assimilating :borg: the chinese empire goodbye...

Enough ot for now :)

While I've very rarely encountered undefended AI cities, I've seen AI empires collapse with extremee rapidity many times. The perhaps best example was when good ol' Xerxes launched a massive invasion of my lands and took half-a-dozen of cities. After a couple of turns, I had switched most of my production to Tanks and Bombers, and a war of attrition ensues. Then suddenly a horde of Persian conscripted Infantry turns up, and promptly die as they try to attack across open desert. After that, the Persians only offered symbolical defense as my armoured legions zoomed thru' their heartlands. Aparently, Xerxes had run out of units, and in response drafted away a huge chunk of his population, destroying his industrial base in the process.

Looked at some more instances, this time establishing embassies everywhere.

Once, a civ ran out of money and couldn't rush a unit (anarchy), but to encounter this three times inm one game - and each time the city just happenes to have lost its defenders but NOT be taken???? It still seems extremely strange...... :confused:

of the new ones? the old ones are up in the first post....

I do not have any of the new ones, since nothing special happened and I'm short on diskspace... btu i can produce new ones (any game where you establish an embassy, then go in and take the capital first).

Lt. Killer M.,

I've had exactly the same situation happen under ver. 1.29. I had one civilization, whom I have reduced to two cities, declare war against me. They had absolutely no offensive capability. I had previously bombed them back to the stone age. So I sent in the marines and easily defeated their pikemen and spearmen.

Then later, a second civ, with only one remaining city and NO TROOPS WHATSOEVER, declared war against me. What were they thinking? Their town was empty when my transport full of tanks arrived...

lol i must not play this enough, ive never seen anything like this.... I only get Killer spearmen :rolleyes:

Top Bottom