trade malfunction using CP v104

clif9710

Warlord
Running BNW, I installed the latest complete Community Patch suite with EUI and all dependencies (VP 2.1). But I have discovered that trading is malfunctioning, the trading screen always shows "trade agreement" being offered by both parties. I cannot offer anything or withdraw anything. By eliminating mods one-by-one I found that having only the basic bug fix CP v 104 enabled I have the problem. Maybe I have overlooked a later version?

Running BNW, I installed the latest complete Community Patch suite with EUI and all dependencies (VP 2.1). But I have discovered that trading is malfunctioning, the trading screen always shows "trade agreement" being offered by both parties. I cannot offer anything or withdraw anything. By eliminating mods one-by-one I found that having only the basic bug fix CP v 104 enabled I have the problem. Maybe I have overlooked a later version?

Community Patch isn't compatible with the latest version of EUI. Make sure you're using the version included with the mod.

Thanks for the reply. I guess this area is pretty quite these days.

Yes, I used the complete set that is downloaded as a package (the file is called Vox Populi (2.1) exe) and, when installed, one can decide whether to install with or without the included EUI.

Today I tried using only CP without EUI and diplomacy works in that I can make trade agreements but... another civ will offer me a trade agreement, say gold in exchange of spices, and when I agree I'm immediately told that that that specific exchange has ended

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I guess this area is pretty quite these days.

Yes, I used the complete set that is downloaded as a package and, when installed, one can decide whether to install with or without the included EUI.

Today I tried using only CP without EUI and diplomacy works in that I can make trade agreements but... another civ will offer me a trade agreement, say gold in exchange of spices, and when I agree I'm immediately told that that that specific exchange has ended

Oh, I see what you mean...I think?

Community Patch only isn't compatible with EUI at all. You have to select the Community Patch only version in the installer, which includes its own LUA files.

You can't install the full VP package but then only enable the Community Patch.

As for the second issue, it sounds like a bug. If you've installed the game correctly and it still occurs, please report it on the Github issues tracker (link in my signature).

No EUI is painful indeed. I remember making a CP compatible EUI when I was playing CP-only, years and years ago. Will look into that again, maybe we can include that with the installer.

This would be great.

Oh, I see what you mean...I think?

Community Patch only isn't compatible with EUI at all. You have to select the Community Patch only version in the installer, which includes its own LUA files.

You can't install the full VP package but then only enable the Community Patch.

As for the second issue, it sounds like a bug. If you've installed the game correctly and it still occurs, please report it on the Github issues tracker (link in my signature).

On not selecting CP only once the entire package is installed, I tried installing only CP from the package. The package installer says it deletes everything prior to installing what I have chosen and I see that's true when I look at the mod list and see only CP present. But, still the same problem.

I thought I would try the old CP version available from Steam Workshop, v89. This worked in that there were no problems with trading and I thought all was well.

InfoAddict is the only other mod I use.

BTW, when I do a verify files for Civ 5 on Steam, it reports that three files are bad and will be re-installed, but they never re-install. A complete un-install and re-install of Civ 5 on Steam doesn't change this failure of three files to verify.

Thanks again for helping me on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom