Trade Overview: In Need of Improvement or I'm Missing Something

Sonereal

♫We got the guillotine♫
Supporter
I'll admit I could be missing something that isn't readily apparent, but am I the only one who thinks the Trade Overview needs more filters?

As it is, there are three tabs. There is a tab showing your current trade routes, one showing available routes, and one for I-don't-care-because-whatever. It would be extremely nice if the trade overview was improved with a few, rather easy, improvements.

1.) Ability to filter out internal routes/international routes from the listing altogether.

2.) Ability to filter out caravan/naval routes altogether.

3.) More filters in general.

4.) [Ok, this might be a step up in difficulty]: A tab showing balance of trade with other civilizations (how much money you're making from routes to them versus how much money they're making from you). Ideally there would be a new section in demographics showing whether or not you're running a surplus or deficient and if either, how much.

1. When establishing a trade route there is is a collapsible menu that'll let you close/open your cities (filtering out domestic trades).
2&3. Working on it!
4. There is a sort box, you want option 'Highest gold delta' - that'll list the largest difference in gold between you and the other civ.

Edit. Oh I realise you want this in the info screen and not just when setting up a route. Sorry.

Yeah, the information the game gives you when you're establishing a route is great. No guessing involved. I know how much I'm getting, how much they're getting, how much science is moving, even the route the route is taking. For that, the devs did a great job.

Personally I would most want a filter by home city.
It's already a given that Venice is the best city to start an international trade route from.

What I normally use is net economic benefit:

(For a city state: Simply my gold; who cares if the city state gained gold) For a major AI:

My gold gain - his gold gain + my science gain - his science gain.
Tie breaker being my gold gain + my science gain.

The table being sortable is a very nice start, but I get overwhelmed with data points; perhaps because I bought out every city state with a unique luxury.

The overview you're talking about has all that information.

You can select the individual tabs up the top to sort each list; sea/land, cities, money worth, money sent. It's all there. It shows the movement of religion, tech, and so on... I find it the best for me to list by highest profiting first.

I am playing as venice at the moment on a marathon game, but by doing so I am within the industrial era and earning 500 gold p/turn. That is all off trade routes.

I know you can sort them in the right direction. What I want is to be able to filter them out altogether. Venice actually has an easier time of it, because the number of potential routes for Venice is going to be a lot lower than, say, a six city empire in Scramble for Africa.

Top Bottom