TSG 222 After Actions Thread

Nizef

Emperor
GOTM Staff
In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game.

- Did you play peacefully or warlike? Did you use your UU?
- What technologies did you prioritize?
- What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
- How many cities did you have in the end and where did you settle them?

I finished this game with Cultural Victory in turn 127, judging by how bad I played I expect better attempts to finish around turn 80-90.

> I played Warlike and I did use the UU to some effect.
> I prioritised Calendar to build Stonehenge and then Masonry to build Pyramids. After that I just built some Wonders. I also built Parthenon relatively quickly for the Work of Art.
> Social policies were a Tradition and Liberty Mix followed by Piety for Sacred Sites. I eventually finished Liberty with Collective Rule and took Musician to end the game with a Concert. No Ideology because I was Medieval.
> I think I had around 20 cities at the end.

My game did not go according to plan because I failed to get Monasteries and Mosques as I was hoping to. Great Library went very quickly for king difficulty, around turn 28 by Aztecs. In the end I got Monasteries and Cathedrals. I started out very well and got a lot of CS tributes for gold in the early game.
Not many things to tell, just built some Wonders and got Sacred Sites.
Culture to beat was Rome and I finished him off with my Liberty Musician.

t127_ramses_cv.jpg

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0127 AD-1340.Civ5Save
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Made a choice not to go the sacred sites route, and I didn't want a domination/culture victory, so it was all about pumping out those wonders and keeping the world happy. Had a brief early war with Songhai, but from that point on it was mostly Rome beating up its neighbours with me egging them on. I paid them to declare war on Brazil, thinking they might be the last cultural hold-out, and they kept it up for quite some time. I hadn't played a none sacred sites cultural victory for quite some time, so this was fun, even though I'm sure Turn 202 will be easily beaten (and already has been)

Attachments

• gotm222a.png
    gotm222a.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
  • gotm222b.png
    gotm222b.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • gotm222Ramesses II_0202 AD-1864.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Mostly peaceful t174 Culture win.

I tried for sacred sites, but only managed to get 1 religious building (Monasteries). So I went 6-city wide liberty instead.

It ws a fun game, pretty smooth sailing. Aztecs were culture runaways, but Caesar killed them for me cheap (like 3gpt). :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615_014519.png
    Screenshot_20230615_014519.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Top Bottom