TSG 229 After Actions Thread

vadalaz

Emperor
GOTM Staff
In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game.

Quick links: Upload submission | Announcement thread | Opening Actions

- Did you play peacefully or warlike?
- How impactful were Incan unique bonuses in your game?
- How many cities did you have in the end and where did you settle them?
- Which Ideology did you choose?

Won turn 276. / 1812 AD

This is my first post , and i personally play without barbarians because i hate them -,- so it was a reminder that they exist for me.

My overal strategy was to go tradition and at least 4 cities all with observatory's.
I started scout , scout , monument , shrine into 4 settlers. After my warrior found kilimanjaro in combination with inca's hill bonus it was speedy gonzales and i sent it to kzyl to nick me 2 workers.
One scout of my got lvl 2 by defending agains barbs for my settlers and had +2 vision if u look at the terrain at kzyl i could park him north of them and see every tile of them , thats how i robbed another 3 workers with my scout.

I choose the pasture culture pantheon , and i got a religion really late in the game from just that 1 shrine.

General Tech route: Pottery , animal husbandry , mining -> calendar , sailing. trapping , writing , beeline construction , then philosophy.

Now the bigger lines -> went to metal casting then education and then astronomy.

Then printing press to scientific theory straight to Radio.

I had so much science because of good population and observatorys that i went straight to modern without bulbing or using oxford and i was the first to get an ideology.
I took the first 3 of freedom and had a comfortable golden age from turn 200 till the end :).

After radio i just went to plastics.

And i kid you not the second world congress was voted for after i finished all my labs.
First world congress i voted for the one that gives culture from world wonders , and the 2nd one worlds fair to get all the policies i want.

Spoiler Map at the end :

Screenshot_2.png

I settled in the order Tiwanaku , Machu , Ollantaytambo and lastly Corihuayrachina. I was lucky it seems aztec was being kept busy by the barbairans.
As you can see i had everything settled by turn 67 , while aztecs were still sitting on 1 city.

Spoiler map at turn 67 when i setteled all my citys :

Screenshot_5.png

So as you can see i had quite a smooth start evything was going well , ofcourse aztec being only 1 city ment they were oiling their war machine , so i made 2 comp bows in case they wanted to test their pointy sticks.
But weirdly enough brazil wanted to attack me from the right, luckily because of the incan bonus of free roads on hills i had all my infrastructure already there so i reacted accordingly , he left in 10 turns and then we made a declariation of friendship.

Then ofcrouse it was the aztec's turn.
But yeah the terain was easy to defend so when they came i just killed all their untis and peaced them , no need to take their capital.

Early game i just went tradition , i let Tiwaniku work all the stable tiles instead of Cusco , so i let it build oracle while the capital was building NC , i finished NC a bit late around turn 120.

Then i had to take some asteatics policys because i was making too much culture thanks to all the pastures.

These are my policies at the end.

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

I think i had like 2-3 policies in Aesthetics before i finaly reached Renaiscance to take the first 2 of rationalism.

Wonders i was able to get :

In the early game i just hard build in Tiwanuku Oracle , and for some reason machu pichu was available so i build that one as well.

I entered renaisaince era through astronomy because i then immediatly build 5 observatorys. while i did that i spied on brazil.
They were before me at Printing press but he luckily went for Globe so i build leaning with a great engineer and chose another great engineer for the future.

My tech got so super boosted that i had the time to build all this : Hard build sistine chapel . tal mahal in the capital. porcelain tower in tiwanaku (took like 18 turns but it is what is is)
This is around the part where i overtook them in techs and i had just enough time to build all this.
When i build radio i juist build broadway and eiffel , ofcourse statue of liberty underway to plastics. that one i engineerd because it was getting busy in the producion queue of the capital.

after plastics i went to railroads and i build neuschwanstein. around this time i noticed nobody build big ben so i build that one and decided i was going to buy all the space parts , so from that moment on around turn 200(i think) i didnt spent any money so i could buy all the parts.

Then standard science stuff , after plastics waiting 8 turns after the labs are finished for maximum science and then bulb all the scientists , my science was good so i still had oxford and rationalism finisher left so i used oxford for nanotechnology and rationalism finisher for particle physics.

In hindsight: i couldve played alot smoother here and there especially barbs slowed me down alot early gamy because i ussualy play without them.

In the endgame i should have rationalism finshed nanotech so i could buy 1 scientist with faith and use oxford for particle physics i feel like i could have fnished on turn 265. But nonetheless it was a very fun game and i used all of the incas strenghts. 4 gold spent on tile maintence , the 3 top citys close to each other all grew big because of the terrace farms . i had super early roads foor good gold generation.

Im sorry for the rambling format hope you enjoyed it.

Spoiler Graph information :
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png

Last edited:
Won turn 276. / 1812 AD

This is my first post , and i personally play without barbarians because i hate them -,- so it was a reminder that they exist for me.
Welcome to CivFanatics and Game of the Month! :wavey:

Thank you for sharing your game. :)

Science win turn 250.

I went with Liberty this time for a change. I opened tradition before going to rationalism and commerce and a space procurements freedom finish.

Overall I felt everything was moving slowly in this game and I've been trying to put my finger on why. I think it was that the home continent had only three AI neighbours (and Pedro died quickly in my game leaving only Monty and Askia) and only 4 city-states, a couple of them hostile ones. Another drawback was the lack of a really appealing pantheon. I ended up taking messenger of the gods for some marginal extra science. A big drawback was the relative scarcity of luxuries and the lack of buyers. My economy was anemic for most of the game, and a few times I wasted 2-3 turns of growth to unhappiness. On the plus side worker stealing was easy with the Inca and altitude training bonuses.

Ruins were archery (t8), culture (t10), map (t21), slarcher :lol: (t22), 65g (t57)

My religion was tithe, shrine happiness, divine inspiration (wonder faith) and holy order (cheaper missionaries).

Some milestones: opened rationalism t128, printing press and proposed world's fair t146-147, scientific theory 168, radio/freedom t184-5, plastics 203 (bulb + rationalism finisher).

I captured Tenochtitlan with chitzen itza, sistine chapel, zeus and one other wonder around t188. Askia really took my bribe to DoW monty instead of me seriously and eventually we became friends. I hit a natural golden age and bulbed two great artists for over 50 turns of golden age that carried me through to the end of the game, so I ended up with no trouble buying spaceship parts on time.

Inca51.png
Inca101.png
Inca151.png
Inca201.png
Inca250.png
Inca250Science.png

Science win turn 250.

I went with Liberty this time for a change. I opened tradition before going to rationalism and commerce and a space procurements freedom finish.

Overall I felt everything was moving slowly in this game and I've been trying to put my finger on why. I think it was that the home continent had only three AI neighbours (and Pedro died quickly in my game leaving only Monty and Askia) and only 4 city-states, a couple of them hostile ones. Another drawback was the lack of a really appealing pantheon. I ended up taking messenger of the gods for some marginal extra science. A big drawback was the relative scarcity of luxuries and the lack of buyers. My economy was anemic for most of the game, and a few times I wasted 2-3 turns of growth to unhappiness. On the plus side worker stealing was easy with the Inca and altitude training bonuses.

Ruins were archery (t8), culture (t10), map (t21), slarcher :lol: (t22), 65g (t57)

My religion was tithe, shrine happiness, divine inspiration (wonder faith) and holy order (cheaper missionaries).

Some milestones: opened rationalism t128, printing press and proposed world's fair t146-147, scientific theory 168, radio/freedom t184-5, plastics 203 (bulb + rationalism finisher).

I captured Tenochtitlan with chitzen itza, sistine chapel, zeus and one other wonder around t188. Askia really took my bribe to DoW monty instead of me seriously and eventually we became friends. I hit a natural golden age and bulbed two great artists for over 50 turns of golden age that carried me through to the end of the game, so I ended up with no trouble buying spaceship parts on time.

View attachment 673120View attachment 673121View attachment 673122View attachment 673123View attachment 673124View attachment 673125
Ye i had the same feeling that the game was slow, aztec was a useless trading ally and there was not alot to do before discovering the other contintent , but i might feel that way because i ussualy play standard or large size maps

SV T359. An awesome, crazy game! One I'm going to actually continue after the victory and just one more turning.
  • Did you play peacefully or warlike?
    • In the very beginning, I had planned on playing peacefully and building a massively populous empire. But my neighbors had other ideas about that so it ended up being warlike.
  • How impactful were Incan unique bonuses in your game?
    • Massively impactful, especially helpful with war and money - and Mt. Kili made them even more awesome. My units could move at will and fire before the enemy knew what was happening. And free roads made my economy boom.
  • How many cities did you have in the end and where did you settle them?
    • I ended up with eight cities total, including seven self-founded ones. There was happiness issues earlier so I didn't go wild with city building; at the end I have plenty of happiness so wish I would have built more. (Since I'm going to keep playing for a while I will end up with many more.) Shaka took a page out of Hiawatha's playbook this game and was building cities everywhere. He even came over to my continent and started founding cities willy nilly. He even took a spot right my late settler made it to a nice location to get some Salt.
  • Which Ideology did you choose?
    • I went full Tradition then into Patronage, a few in Rationalism, then picked Order. Order is a good ideology for a combination of happiness and science with some military bonuses too. Its definitely my favorite of the three and is good for just about any situation. I ended up finishing Patronage and Rationalism since the game went on so long. At this point, T359, there's not really any policy or tenet that I really need.
Continuing from Opening Actions. I could see Machu Pichu being built on the mountain next to Tlatelolco so I delayed my capture to see if he would finish it. He took too long or had abandon it so I did take Tlatelolco and burned it to the ground. However as we shall later see, Monte didn't learn his lesson.

After peacing out with Monte, I concentrated on growing my cities, building the Incan Trail and I founded three new cities on the coast since I realized this was actually a continents map despite the Frontier Map description. This slowed my down from meeting the other AI; I kept thinking, where can they be hiding?

But now, T194 Askia DoW me out of nowhere after being friendly. Ok, I can handle this. Then two turns later, Monte DoW me again for the start of the Second Aztec War. So I had Askia coming from the east and Monte the west.

Spoiler T196. Sandwiched. :
T196 Az and Song.jpg

I had a much smaller army than either of the other two armies but this is where the Incan abilities really helped. My small ragtag army was able to easily beat back Askia. But The Aztec army was much improved from the last war. Monte was able to capture my southwestern coastal city of Corihuayrachina before I could build up an army to stop him.

Spoiler T200 Losing a city. :
T200 Losing city.jpg

I was able to prevent him from driving deeper into my territory and started a counter attack which killed most of his units. As my units approached my city to retake it, Monte offered my peace and some gold. I said no, fought a few more turns, then decided to see if he'd give my city back in the peace deal so I wouldn't lose buildings/pop. But I mis-clicked and accepted his intitial offering instead of asking for my city, dagnabit!

But peace didn't last long. The Third Azetc War started when Monte again DoW me on T246. Will he never learn his lesson. I guess I'll need to destroy him this time - unbeknownst to him I'm building Artillery so he is toast. Shortly after the start of this war, Askia also went Order so I had no worry of him backstabbing me and I could focus all my forces in the west. By T263 I was on his doorstep and it would be just a short series of turns before we peaced out for a third and final time. I ended up capturing Teotihuacan and another city and burnt them to the ground; took his capital and peaced out, taking my own city back in the deal.

Spoiler T246 and 263. The Third Aztec War :
T246 Third Aztec War.jpg
T263 Monte never learns.jpg

From there it was peaceful for the Inca, although war was raging on the other continent. By the end of the game, Brazil had been wiped out by Askia; Harold had wiped out Morrocco and Hiawatha only had one city left after being beat down by both Shaka and Harold (thank goodness we weren't on that continent with those two warmongers) .

Everything was going smoothly, except I mis-timed building Apollo Program. My science advanced much more quickly than I thought and I finished all the spaceship techs and had to wait on Apollo Program to finish. I built 5 parts from scratch and used one GE from the Order Tenet to finish the last.

But two turns before my spaceship was due to launch, Shaka DoW me out of nowhere! Well, not exactly out of nowhere; I had been getting warnings from spies that Shaka was marching an army toward Ollantaytambo but I had scouts out toward Shaka's cities and didn't see any army. They just materialized out of the mist. It won't stop the win and he's behind me in tech anyway. Spaceship launches T359 but I'm going to continue and remove the foreign invaders the continent. That will give me all the cities I need.

Spoiler T359 Victory! :
T359 Victory as Shaka attacks.jpg

Last edited:
Launched the space ship on turn 369. I seldom play immortal-level and almost never play deity, but this one looked interesting. And it was! I settled on the copper next to the mountain. I went Tradition, then was going to take Commerce for my second policy tree but it wasn't unlocked yet so I took a couple in Patronage instead. Then Rationalism of course, and Freedom. Eventually I opened Commerce mainly to unlock Big Ben. I settled 3 cities fairly quickly and built more military units than usual because of the level. I didn't steal any workers, but I did nab one from a barb camp, and since its CS owner was hostile I kept it rather that return it. I was a little late getting my national college up (I don't remember but I think it was around turn 125) then I settled another city on the desert tile to the south with all those fish and livestock. Monty declared an early war of course, but I beat him back easily.

Somewhere around turn 150 Monty and Askia declared war, so I had one on each side and enough military to defend one front. I did have the Great Wall; I think that saved me. I would fight with Monty for about a dozen turns and he'd make peace after I killed all his units, so I could focus on Askia who was the bigger threat. Then a dozen or so turns later, shortly after the peace treaty expires, he'd be back again. I was at war with Askia continuously for almost 200 turns; he wouldn't make peace. During this time I couldn't explore, all my trade routes were plundered (I should have used more internal caravans) and I didn't lose all that many units but I lost enough that I had to focus on building replacements instead of building schools and research labs. Eventually I made peace with Askia (then Shaka declared war soon after), and Monty wanted peace but I refused and took his number 2 city (it had Uffizi, btw.) Then I made peace. This long war, especially with only 2 horses and no oil really slowed me down. A couple of my units (an infantry and a bazooka) racked up impressive numbers of promotions. I also managed to build quite a few wonders during this time; wonders don't require gold for upkeep. Happiness, extra votes, and gold from Forbidden Palace and Machu Picchu kept my kingdom afloat for a while. I think Denmark declared war on me too but I don't remember; I never saw any Danish units.

The war with Shaka surprisingly was a nuisance more than a real problem. He did kill my only caravel and almost killed my submarine, but I killed a few of his ships back and that satisfied him that I was worthy, :lol: and we made peace. We were actually friends after that in spite of having different ideologies. (I know if I JOMT that friendship won't last long)

I was going to use Space Procurement to buy some of the parts, but I didn't quite get to the 3rd tier of Freedom a second time (I took Treaty Organization the first time, mainly to secure some oil because I didn't have any) But my cities all had such high production I just hard-built them all.

I might JOMT and build up my navy a bit and declare war on Askia. Take Rio de Janeiro and Gao, and liberate some minor Brazilian cities. The eventual war with Shaka will be epic. Take a look in the minimaps how many cities he has. When he does declare war I'll need to let him attack my coastal city (it's strong enough to take it) while I sneak behind his fleet with nuclear subs and missile cruisers. Hopefully he'll just keep throwing units into the meat grinder (or is it a maelstrom when it's at sea?) until I get the upper hand, then I can push back. He's much stronger than I am, but I'm 10 techs ahead so he doesn't have nuclear subs, missile cruisers, and jet fighters yet (he may have one of those but I doubt it)

20230926113539_1.jpg 20230926113657_1.jpg

Last edited:
Won turn 308 SV.

After settling 4 cities and finishing NC, I built two more cities on the southern coast. One next to the single mountain south of our capital, and one near the Copper, between two rivers a bit further west. Both of these had 3 Fish in range.
(screenshot below)

Having 6 cities in a tradition game, I was struggling with happiness until I adopted the Order ideology (turn 227). So I tried to build happiness wonders and get some from my religion too.

t128 built Chichen Itza (4 happiness)
t135 founded a religion. All the religious buildings were taken, so I took Tithe and +2 happiness from Temples

t186 I was tech leader. I found out because my spy couldn't steal from Harald
t211 Sistine Chapel
t225 Porcelain Tower
t227 researched Radio, adopted Order
- got happiness from Monuments, and happiness from Workshops/Factories/etc policies
t235 lost Taj Mahal to Askia by one turn
t252 built Eiffel Tower, won World Fair (it was a close call against Harald Bluetooth)
t285 got Satellites as Rationalism finisher
308 won SV

After beating back the Aztecs as described in the Opening Actions thread, Monty stayed peaceful. (I think I DOWed him once more to steal one of his settlers, but I didn't want any of his cities so we made peace soon after.)

However Askia went on a killing spree and first eliminated Brazil, and then he made the mistake of attacking my allied city states to the east. First he went for Kzyl. I gifted them a couple of Pikemen, and they easily beat back his Mandelakus. Kzyl had a host of Triremes floating around and they actually went and razed one of Askia's coastal cities! Kind of made me laugh :)

Soon after he conquered Vilnius (for a turn), which I immediately liberated and beat back his troops. I then proceeded to resurrect Brazil and give them their two remaining cities back, then peaced out to foucs on teching my way to victory.

On the other continent there was mayhem, everyone was at war with everyone at some point. Morocco got wiped out, Shoshone got reduced to 4 cities, and Denmark and Zulu "shared" the rest of the continent with more than a dozen cities each... they were constantly at war though.

Attachments

• tsg229 t308.png
    tsg229 t308.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Won turn 316 SV.

Settled on copper. I started from traditions and aristocracy, but after exploring the territory I switched to liberty. I tried to built a Great Library, but I lost 3 moves. Then, 1 move before finish ToA missed it .
I waited a long time for +50% for setters, my 2nd city appeared only on 65t, 3rd on 69t, the 4th on 77t. On 81t I built Pyramids and entered the Golden Age, on 88t and 96t founded 5 and 6 cities, then on 104t I built the MoM. On 113t, I lost 1 or 2 moves in the race for the Oracle. On 114t founded 7th city, on 120 8th and 9th. Also on 120 I founded religion (prophet from liberty) +1 to culture from pastures (42t from the hut at the beginning), +1 to happiness for every 2 cities, +1 to happiness for the shrine. on 130t, 131t and 133t founded 3 more cities.

On the 31t, Askia proposed a DoW against Brazil, and I agreed. I thought Askia would win easily, but he just killed himself about Sao Paulo and made peace. My warrior was in the Colombo area and on the way home he had to steal a worker from Brazil. Then I terrorized Brazil witn 2 UU until I decided that he gives the maximum of what he can for the peace (sugar + dye + money). One of UU was with 2 vision and without penalty in the woods )
On the 114t, an Aztec armada attacked me. Before that, he had been crowding at the border for several moves, then asked
open borders, 2-3 moves walked on my territory and eventually attacked. The most interesting thing is that I didn't react to
it at all. All my units defended the territory in the northeast for future cities from barbarians.
My 5th city with a strength 9 (on the South coast, between 2 rivers) was completely surrounded in 2 layers by spears, swords, bows and catapults. But it has never been attacked. In fact, nothing threatened other cities. As a result, I built/
brought my troops and cleaned up the Aztecs. I think I killed 20 to 30 units. After that, on 135t and 138t, I captured 2 of the 4 Aztec towns and made peace.

Then I paused because of problems with happiness, on the 157t I strengthened religion: +2 happiness from the temple,
religion spreads 25 (50)% faster. and I built 4 more cities (162,162,171,173). After Brazil built Notre Dame, I began to prepare for war with it. On 177t, Brazil proposed a war against Askia. I had a good relationship with Askia, but I decided
that this would simplify the war with Brazil for me. While they were actively exchanging units, I prepared an invasion army
and on the 186t attacked Brazil. Brazil had a Great Wall. That was the only problem, but it slowed my attack down a lot. On 192t I captured Sao Paulo, made peace with Askia (took 1 city for peace), on 199t I captured Rio de Janeiro and on 202t Salvador, after which I made peace, leaving Brazil 1 new towns. I don't know why. On 223t I attacked Brazil again, on 224t I captured town and removed Brazil from the game. Then I tried to play peacefully, but when the Aztec again attacked me (262t), I upgraded 5 trebuchets and 3 knights into artillery and cavalry and captured all 3 of his cities (272, 274 and 278).

I built the Sistine Chapel on 214, the Taj Mahal on 222, the Porcelain Pagoda on 247, the Brandenburg Gate on 262,
Neuschwanstein on 273, Kremlin on 277, Christ on 279, Broadway on 286, Hubble on 301, Sydney Opera House (engineer) on 314, Ostankino (engineer) and the Pentagon on 315.

After closing the branch of liberty on the 120t, I did not decide what I needed, so I just closed the entire branch of traditions. The following was the order (2 factories bought, 1 built) - happiness from monuments, happiness from workshops / factories / etc and + 25% of science from factories - all 3 on the 224 turn. After that, the whole branch of rationalism and 6 more policies of order are mixed up.

On the 291t, I learned radar and rocketry (292) with the help of a GS. On 292, the writer closed rationalism and took satellites.
In the end, I had 26 cities (2 of them satellites), 4300 sciences, +700 money, +80 happiness and 1 "extra" Scientist (I taught them the Internet+).
It would seem to be a very simple, albeit slow game, if not for one very big BUT.

There was life on the other continent, too. Morocco ceased to exist before I met them. As the replay after the game shows, they were divided by Denmark and Zulus. When I met Hiawatha, he had 9-10 cities, Shaka had 13-14. The last I found was Denmark with 2 cities and a war against Shaka and Hiawatha at the same time... They resisted for a long time,
but on 236 turn both of their cities were captured. Hiawatha were a little ahead of me in development, the Zulus were a little behind. The problem was that at the time of acquaintance, ALL the CS on that continent were allies of Hiawatha. He had a Forbidden Palace and Patronage 5. In the future, the whole game, the number of his allied CS was in the range from 11 to 16. At the first congress, he independently declared his religion world. A turn before the first congress, the world moved into an era where he received 1 vote from all the allied states, and chose himself as the host instead of me. When the UN appeared, it threatened me with a diplomatic defeat. 3-4 CS constantly passed from me to him and back. I spent more money on CS than for everything my previous games combined). So he had 6 of his own votes, 2 from FP, 2 from WR and +2 from each CS. To win, you need 40, that is, 15 CS. On the 306t Hiawatha with 13 of his cities and the 14 CS declared war on Shaka, who had 31 cities (if I counted correctly), on the 308t 1 CS more joined the war and I "surrendered" ).
Thanks to the war, Shaka treated me better and sold me aluminum. Expensive, but sold. This solved the problem where I
take aluminum for the last 3 parts of spaceship . I concentrated on one Mbanza-Congo CS because I needed uranium
for 24 cities). If a human was playing against me during the 308-314 turn, he could simply declare war on me and record
a diplomatic victory. But it's too difficult for AI. On turn 314, I outbid 3 CS and declared war on Hiawatha, just in case.
On 315t there were elections of the world leader. With a Shaka (6 votes) he fought, and even if Askia (4 votes) had voted for Hiawatha (34), it would not have been enough to win. By the way, at the end of the game, Shaka has only 25 cities left and 3-4 more are about to fall. Hiawatha has 16. On 316t I went into space.

Last edited:
When I try to take a screenshot, the image turns into a black screen and the screenshot, respectively, also has only a black background and that's it. I don't know what the problem is. I submitted the game, I think when the results appear, the final save will be available.

First time posting and I don't often win on deity. Also first time winning accidentally! The turn before I would have sent up my last SS booster, they held the vote for diplomatic victory. I didn't realize that my neighbor Brazil would be so terrified of me to vote for me as leader of the world. Is that a thing?! So I got their 4 votes with my 34 votes, which was enough to win a diplomatic victory a single turn before winning with my rocket ship. What a game!
Accidentally won game diplomatically a turn before my spaceship is done.jpg

@Elliott Did you resurrect them to life? They will vote for you then, because they're grateful!
Yes, I did resurrect them twice. They got wiped out by Songhai and so when Songhai eventually warred against me I took some good cities, liberated others, and then gifted Brazil another one I got in the peace deal. It's good to know about them voting for me if I bring them back to life!

I only recently discovered this forum, so after completing the two active GOTM games, I had a look at some older ones that I might find interesting. Inca science sounded right up my alley, so gave this map a go. Disclaimer: I did look at this after actions thread before, so I had map knowledge going into the game.

As for how the game went, I can confirm what others already remarked: the start was slow, even more so because I decided to go 6-city tradition, while 3-popping settlers on mostly unimproved tiles. My ruins were so-so, and despite Kilimanjaro and Inca hill movement, my worker steals were mediocre and late. Then, when I finally got my cities down, I had few lux trades so my tiny cities were building 10-turn colosseums or something like that. After going workshops first I finally entered education Turn 136, having been unhappy for what felt like half the game. Not typically good numbers for a quick science victory. However, after that the game started to turn around. After education I went straight into astronomy to build the observatories for 5 of my 6 cities.

Other timings: Industrialization T176, Scientific Theory T186 (also Freedom that turn), Plastics T220 (one scientist bulb) after taking an intended detour into fertilizer and an unintended one into navigation (I always forget to queue techs when I have a research agreement), Victory T248. Victory might have been one turn shorter if I had had more gold. My friends Iroquois and Brazil were poor, though, and Shaka did not want to be my friend anymore.

My interactions with the AI were relatively peaceful. I had to defend twice from Monty: once with compbows, once with crossbows. I also had to defend from Hiawatha's prophets (he managed to get one city), and I warred Songhai once when did not wish to give me my king's day luxury. In the peace deal he gave me Rio de Janeiro, which I accepted.

Attachments

• Inca.png
    Inca.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom