TSG209 AAR

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the TSG 208 After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.
Please attach your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.) In your post.
- How useful was your UA?
- Did you use spying to your advantage?
- Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
- What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
- What techs did you prioritize ?
- What did you think of the map and settings?

Turn 255 Cultural Victory

The general outline of the game was to tech to Workshops and build production cargo ships and Moai's. Once that was done and a good 4 city base was available I sent a Galleas fleet to take out Attila's Court with 4 wonders, then up to Beijing to cripple China as a culture runaway. Upgraded the navy to Frigates and bulbed towards electronics. Paid Babylon to DoW China and let him eliminate her by taking Shanghai. Denounce Nebuchadnezzar, DoW, and liberate Shanghai. Sell Attila's Court to Denmark for tons of gold and gold per turn. Destroy Babylon with Battleships. Build National Visitor's Center and bulb to Internet then destroy Ottomans for the win.

- How useful was your UA? Moai's are great. So much culture - I never tried that before and it was a bit of a fluke to tech towards workshops since I normally would go straight for Education.
- Did you use spying to your advantage? Yes, Babylon was a tech runaway, so I got 3-4 steals from him before my spies started dying.
- Did the map type help or hinder victory and how? It helped because of Polynesia's UA as well as the ease of naval warfare.
- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions? I knew military would have to play a part in the catch-up to the tech and culture leaders.
- What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose? Tradition (all) -> Exploration (open +3) -> Order (took spaceflight before tourism level 3 to bulb towards Internet)
- What techs did you prioritize? Navigation, Electronics
- What did you think of the map and settings? Great map. Tough opponents.

Attachments

• Kamehameha_0255 AD-1725GOTM.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • GOTM 209.png
    GOTM 209.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
Turn 357 Science loss.
Greece attacked me quite unprepared, when they got Astronomy quite early. Before that, my fleet was able to block access and delay the war. In 2 wars they took 2 of 4 my cities. That crippled my civ in many ways, less land, less science, less everythnig. I managed to repel later attacks from other AIs, but my Science loss was inevitable anyway.

Attachments

• rTSG209.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Woo hoo, my first Deity CV! Turn 330.

I went full Tradition with 4 cities on our home island. Then into Aesthetics until Rationalism opened, went left side. Got first ideology at T218, took Freedom. Seven total in Freedom and finished Aesthetics. So much culture with Moai. Everyone else went Order or Autocracy except Suleiman who joined me with Freedom. Unfortunately he got taken out and I lost the positive ideological pressure. But by that time I was building Moai and my Tourism was getting up there for counter pressure.

I was playing peaceful while the rest of the world fought. But as usual after ideologies people started hating me. On T288 Greece and The Huns joint DoW me. The two worst that could have done it because they were the closest and so pillaged most of my trade routes. Alex made an attempt to advance on my territory but luckily I had been preparing an army to go conquer him because he was the culture leader. Two other Civs DoW him so he had no chance. I took his home island and then he gave me Knossos in the peace deal.

Toward the end I used 3 Musician bombs on Denmark and Babylon and took Greece's last city for the win. I would have eventually have overtaken him, I forgot I could buy a Musician with faith and so had one really strong one unused. But I figured I'd finish him instead.

• - How useful was your UA? Amazing.
    • Allowed me to win my first Deity CV.
  • - Did you use spying to your advantage?
    • Stole a bunch of techs early and then used them to ally CS.
  • - Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
    • Helped a lot, we're Polynesia after all.
  • - How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
    • Played more cautiously than if at lower level, striving to stay peaceful as long as possible.
  • - What Social Policies did you choose and in what order? Which Ideology did you choose?
    • See above.
  • - What techs did you prioritize ?
    • Science techs. I often get off track but I have learned a thing or two by playing succession games.
  • - What did you think of the map and settings?
    • Perfect map and settings for a Polynesia CV. Nicely shaped island that allowed Moai as far as the eye could see; and multiple 5 culture Moai. Thanks for the awesome map!

Attachments

• Victory.jpg
    Victory.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Influence.jpg
    Influence.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Last Greek City.jpg
    Last Greek City.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom