TSG28 After Action Report

Yup, I submitted a loss. Why? For statistical purposes and to support a game of the month at a difficulty level a regular person (not a civfanatic =D) can actually not get killed.
:goodjob:
Nothing hurt by a loss except pride. The question is what was learned.

Welcome to GOTM. :wavey:

Dear Monthar,
Don't give up on us, we can't leave the GOTM field entirely to the experten. Sometimes we mortals just have to stand back and admire the skill and audacity of the elite players...I usually ask myself three questions at the end of each GOTM:-
3. Would I be proud to be a citizen of my Empire? (This is my personal favourite and is a much overlooked aspect of the CiV scoring system).

Love it!

Also, I forgot to mention in my write up that I got to see a Greek crossbowman get the kill shot against a Panzer. Made it worth playing it out just for that.

Game: Civ5 GOTM 28
Date submitted: 2012-02-06
Reference number: 25658
Your name: Thresian
Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 1525AD
Turns played: 215
Base score: 1211
Final score: 2816
Time played: 6:10:00
Submitted save: Genghis Khan_0215 AD-1525.Civ5Save
Renamed file: Thresian_C502801.Civ5Save

A relaxing game, after 27. I wasn't sure when the GL would go on King, and I just missed it (Alex built it on turn 56). Another thing caught me out: I teched IW, and settled some iron, only to find I couldn't upgrade my warriors because none of the AI players had any gold for trading! Then I realised that Monty was so weak it didn't matter. In retrospect, I should have rolled much earlier with a few warriors and a couple of chariot archers. My scout died (as usual :sad:), and it took me a long time to realise it was a Pangaea map.

Any way, once I found all the capitals, I rolled out my Keshiks, and things were mostly straightforward. I lost a few in Siam to those dratted elephants: it took me a while to register that he had the Great Wall. Bismarck randomly declared on me whiling I was finishing in Siam, despite being on the other side of the board. Oh, Bismarck, what has happened to you? Where are your endless armies of halberdiers?

Game: Civ5 GOTM 28
Date submitted: 2012-02-12
Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 1615AD
Turns played: 233
Base score: 1729
Final score: 3758
Time played: 5:38:00

Domination isn't usually my thing, but this went okay. I hadn't played much of the Mongols before, but zOMG the Keshiks rule!

- Shooter

Top Bottom