TSG37 After Action Report

I thought i was doing well in my 1st playthrough but stupidly cklicked for DOF with Siam and everyone just hated me from then on. Got Dowed by Arabs and Hiawatha at same time, then cathy and liz breaking 3 modern era RAs. and temporarily losing one city and lost of production. i wonder what finish time could have managed otherwise. lost the autosave, and sinc i also crashed and AI behaved diferently in replay i wont be submitting.

in replay i abandoned the idea of GL and went for quick archery and few archers in my cities. despite settling 4 tiles from Kyoto, Oda avoided me until he has already fought everyone else on the landmass. he kept at it for a long time and had some success kiling 3 or 4 of my SM. He built himself a GW and was a pain. When i got machinery and upgraded my first CKN he changed tune and gave me a very sweet peace deal. He broke it soon after and by then my LSM and CKNs made him pay, i took only Kyoto, having 3 of my own cities and signed an RA with him. he stayed in till the end when he has only his Osaka between Kyoto and Mecca and that is down to 1 hp but no Arab melee units in sight.

Hiawatha took the rest of his possesions and reduced Darius to 1 city across a strait deep south. Cathy has kept up with Rami this time and actually has been the agressor despite him being ahead in score. I signed lots of RA this time as i bought a trireme but still managed to shave off only 24 turns in replay. Not sure if those classical and medieval RAs were worth it. I did screw up transition to Modern era, when i missed opening both electricity and steam power at once by 1 beaker!!!:crazyeye: i would have then bulbed electricity and shifted my median from 12 turns to 29. instead i downshifted to 8 turns :(

i did snag CI and run a perma-GA for over 50 turns at the end with TAJ and farmed GGs, but i have no idea how to do a sub 200 let alone a 184 t finish GG everyone
awesome map:)

t201 win, donnu with ai behaviour randomly dowing and breaking ras how to do faster

edit:
I tried to replica your game, but it didn't work out first time around. Japan declared on me around T19 and I didn't get cult ruins for early settler.

I will keep trying. I want to learn to play this kind of Science Game you do.

looks like main thing for a sub 200 win is gambling for both no lost gl in turn 70 on imortal ... (I d not even try start building it after t35) and no dows

IMHO, the key was the fourth city.

Starting the Great Library on turn 35 is not good but if the AI had prioritized it, it would have been gone by turn 43 when I finished the last Settler. Since it wasn't, I went for it. Otherwise I would have aimed for the Hanging Gardens instead.

I got dow'ed just fine.

No gamble, but good timing, and a plan B as backup.

This one had its ups and downs. I managed to withstand Odo's advances, but didn't get another city up for a very long time. I got Great Library and NC to help along (I settled near the river/mtn SE of start, same as Rib). My CKNs were very tasty. I also learned about the extra attack promotion not being so good for them =). Finally managed to start pushing Odo out, got 2 of his cities, then I got greedy.

Persia had been at war with me for a millennium, but had rarely sent any units my way. Arabia and I were friends, so when everyone dogpiled Odo, I took my small advanced force and grabbed Kyoto. Then Persia went crazy. Took Kyoto, and then cleaned me up, penniless and unitless. Ah well, that was a learning experience! I look forward to another game on this level, although with G&K here it'll be something new all over again!

I appreciate the game setup, and really enjoyed reading about how other folks managed to be successful. I'll try to get better notes so that I can compare my games better with those that are more successful!

Top Bottom