turns81-100

I. Larkin

Deity
New period.
It is important to settle fast, so we will have few Galleys from "memento".
Settler will jump on Galley and sail to next place. I think pink dot next and tobacco after. With 2 Galleys ship chain will be more efficient.
Four Warriors may block area around sugar. Movement depend on Anarhos warrior/Settler.

Attachments

• turn80-82.JPG
    turn80-82.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 163
I think pink dot next and tobacco after.

tobacco first is better, we can block anarchos without warriors, but S from the ironhill is a better place->river.
if we settle pink first, anarchos can settle on the big lake.

So I switch barracks to galley and cash-rush? However: by the time we have two galleys, the tobacco will hopefully already be settled...

Edit: S of the iron hill?? Isn't that really a bit too exposed (and probably completely corrupted as well)?

we can settle N from tobacco. if the galley move NW, settler on board, galley to lanzelots edge
we need 3 turns

So I switch barracks to galley and cash-rush? However: by the time we have two galleys, the tobacco will hopefully already be settled...

Edit: S of the iron hill?? Isn't that really a bit too exposed (and probably completely corrupted as well)?
Galley will be ready next turn. Just in time. If we go through Lakes we will cross Anarhos water. It is not good. It is imortant not let warrior to our land.

No. we must declare if we are in anarchos water by the end of the turn.
1st turn in Lanzelot, 2nd N, NE or N NE from Lanzelot, 3rd turn in neutal zone.

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=71222
6.2. Wenn das andere Team nicht explizit Durchreiserecht gewährt hat, müsst Ihr im Spiel Krieg erklären, bevor irgendwelche Einheiten in dessen Territorium gezogen werden dürfen.

6.2. If the other team has not explicitly granted Right of Passage, you must declare war in game, before moving any units into their territory.

Played. Comments:

• I think Ivan is right and we should first build the "eastern tip town". Saves unit upkeep and makes the route for the next settler shorter! Our warriors can block the tobacco site until we get a second settler there.
  • I also like the square 1N of tobacco. However, we can't build a harbor there. Perhaps on the coast is better? In any case we soon need a worker there to chop the three forests. Otherwise it will be hard to defend against attack.
  • The new worker from Tintagel will chop the forest N of Tintagel (into a settler) and then move to the sugar hill in 1 turn. Good idea?
  • Sooner or later we will need to keep a few units in our south. The other continent has MM, so an invasion might be possible in the near future. Will we build a couple Numidians? (Like 2 for the northern border, 1 for the south) And then a mobile force of horsemen.
  • Should we upgrade some swords (or at least keep a few in Camlann for quick upgrade). If an invasion comes before the GLib is ready, we can't upgrade chariots. So we need to defend with swords on that case.

1.-3 yes
4.no,as long we are strong to them, we don´t need NS
5.research hr on minimum and stop short before until 5 turns after we are strong

Two more points we need to discuss (forgot last night):

• When is the best time to establish the embassies? We should do it before we switch to GLib!
  • What do I do with the curraghs? We could either upgrade both and use for ship chains, for getting settlers in place etc. Or we could keep them as cheap "interceptors". In that case I would station them close to Barb Island, so we have an early watch system to see approaching ships ahead of time.

Played. Comments:

• 1)I think Ivan is right and we should first build the "eastern tip town". Saves unit upkeep and makes the route for the next settler shorter! Our warriors can block the tobacco site until we get a second settler there.
  • 2) I also like the square 1N of tobacco. However, we can't build a harbor there. Perhaps on the coast is better? In any case we soon need a worker there to chop the three forests. Otherwise it will be hard to defend against attack.
  • 3)The new worker from Tintagel will chop the forest N of Tintagel (into a settler) and then move to the sugar hill in 1 turn. Good idea?
  • 4)Sooner or later we will need to keep a few units in our south. The other continent has MM, so an invasion might be possible in the near future. Will we build a couple Numidians? (Like 2 for the northern border, 1 for the south) And then a mobile force of horsemen.
  • 5) Should we upgrade some swords (or at least keep a few in Camlann for quick upgrade). If an invasion comes before the GLib is ready, we can't upgrade chariots. So we need to defend with swords on that case.
  • 6) When is the best time to establish the embassies? We should do it before we switch to GLib!
  • 7) What do I do with the curraghs? We could either upgrade both and use for ship chains, for getting settlers in place etc. Or we could keep them as cheap "interceptors". In that case I would station them close to Barb Island, so we have an early watch system to see approaching ships ahead of time.
1) Sure, Ivan is right.
2) t-x has strong intuition. Without libs/temple tabacco place is the best.
3) Not the best idea. Better let Tinta grow to operate at 5-6-5 regime and mine hills first. But "done" as I recone.
4) Well - dont know.
5) Upgrade as we have some cash in Lancelot's edge. (BTW, due to corruption better work on fresh water now).
6)Yes, about this time.
7)Upgrade and help for transportation. One may return around south.

(BTW, due to corruption better work on fresh water now).

I noticed in the current save, that another shield was lost to corruption, so we should have worked the water last turn. However, this interturn the mine on the hill will finish, so I switched from the forest to the hill, getting back to 2 uncorrupted shields. We can use the hill for 2 turns now and then switch to water and still get growth in the same time.

Regarding Tinta: it can grow to 6 even with the forest chop? And with an extra 2-food tile, we can build settlers at 5-6(-7) or workers at 6(-7)

Yes, work on hills.
Regarding Tinta: it can grow to 6 even with the forest chop? And with an extra 2-food tile, we can build settlers at 5-6(-7) or workers at 6(-7)
Yes, something like that. Worker from nearby Glaston may go to Sugarhill after it irrigate Plains.
Worker after forestcut road mine may work on another hill.
I assume that worker near run out of name may irrigate BGL. (I am thinking about GA, that may come soon).

Save is there

Important: Anarchie have Swords

Seems that they will go for war first.
Think about temple in saragossa if anarchos build road.

Lanzelot, Warriors did not form line. It was risky move. I think now we may hold it.
It is clear, that if we leave next turn we may go any direction.

We may wait settle on Tobacco until situation with war resolve. We may short- rush Settler via archer in Glaston. Road-irrigate near Run out of...n

Top Bottom