Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

Just in case anyone is bug hunting, I've got a reproducible crash upon opening this save.
Tried to load it with debug dll, nothing visible except the brief popup 'failed to uncompress game data'
In app.log I can see ERR: Error during inflate
Which makes me believe the file is corrupt OR there is an error when creating it. Can you load previous turns?

Religion weigth of -100 means religion could not be adopted, while a negative one means AI will not adopt religion. Beeri has -100 both for AV and OO, that's why.
Thank you. Where is that coded? All I saw was Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml -> LeaderHeadInfo (Beeri) -> ReligionWeightModifiers, where the values are different.

When I said "classic" I guess I was really just referring to the Mercurians and Infernals. At the time I didn't remember if there was anything else.

Tried to load it with debug dll, nothing visible except the brief popup 'failed to uncompress game data'
In app.log I can see ERR: Error during inflate
Which makes me believe the file is corrupt OR there is an error when creating it. Can you load previous turns?
Sorry, I don't have the previous saves any more. But I found a new issue! When I finish my turn in turn 205 the game just hangs. Here is 204 and 205 just before I end the turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0204.CivBeyondSwordSave
    749.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Ozzy - MoM - Balseraphs - AD-205.CivBeyondSwordSave
    752.3 KB · Views: 2
Thank you. Where is that coded? All I saw was Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml -> LeaderHeadInfo (Beeri) -> ReligionWeightModifiers, where the values are different.

When I said "classic" I guess I was really just referring to the Mercurians and Infernals. At the time I didn't remember if there was anything else.
I have removed from the religion picker the ones that are not selectable by the leader and addes this information in the civiloperia in the leader section.
To be honest I believe this has been done by purpouse and could be related to the lore... Maybe Sephi can confirm.
I am a little bit against changing this as even if it can be unpleasant it could be part of the MoM lore.

I appreciate the attention!

I was trying to ask, where are the Beeri's -100 weights for AV and OO coded? I ask because the only values I saw are in
Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml -> LeaderHeadInfo (Beeri) -> ReligionWeightModifiers
and those values are 0 for AV and FOL and 40 for everything else, including OO.

The values are in Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XBarbarian

I have attached the file with the values changed for all leaders. Now for players religion choice is only restricted for Mercurians/Infernal and agnostic leaders. so aiweight is -50 instead of -100 in the other instances. It makes sense that Bannor AI will never pick Ashen veil but I don't think there is any need to limit player choice.

Attachments

• XBARBARIAN_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
I have removed from the religion picker the ones that are not selectable by the leader and addes this information in the civiloperia in the leader section.
To be honest I believe this has been done by purpouse and could be related to the lore... Maybe Sephi can confirm.
I am a little bit against changing this as even if it can be unpleasant it could be part of the MoM lore.
It was done in Xtended. Maybe an oversight, Esvath did not use the dll I think and it is not obvious that -100 has a much different meaining than -90.

Given Sephi final statement on the matter then I think I can therefore modify this behavior 😉
Even if it would be simpler to remove this logic from the dll, maybe it makes more sense to keep -100 as 'human leader cannot pick this religion' and keep the dll/pyhton/xml logic there (even if obscure).
Thanks a lot for all your feedback!

The strange Fear Effect I mentioned hasn't happened to me yet. So I don't have a savegame to share ^^

I'd like the following change to be available as an option if you please: razed barbarian cities no longer yield gold.

The fact that they yield so much gold makes them ultra-interesting. And the system can be abused this way: you build an empty city, go into deficit for 3 turns, then recapture your revolted barbarian city, and presto, 1000 gold. The process can be reproduced ad infinitum.

Is it something happening in multiplayer as well? Normally in multiplayer we cram in many ai so there are never barbarian cities...
I am not sure if I would add it as a game option but maybe I can look how this is handled and find out possible alternative solutions...

yes, it can happen in mp as well. Is there a variable in cvcity that counts how long the city exists? You could for example make the gold plundered something like plundered = Math.min(plundered, city_existing_turns * 20). Maybe you find something better but I agree that a gameoption is a bit too much to stop an exploit.

yes, it can happen in mp as well. Is there a variable in cvcity that counts how long the city exists? You could for example make the gold plundered something like plundered = Math.min(plundered, city_existing_turns * 20). Maybe you find something better but I agree that a gameoption is a bit too much to stop an exploit.
Agreed I will check if there is some memory of a history of a city, like previous owner or such. But ur proposition is a viable alternative! Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: Didn't find any other option rather than the suggested one thus now gold will be (city_existing_turns * 20) instead of a fixed 1000

Last edited:
Hi SpyFanatic, i would say I love this new version and the work that has been done on it lately, i'm a fan of master of mana and those new implementations are very nice. I'm really waiting for the new contents in version number 0.3
meanwhile i would have played the 0.2 but that bas***d of my brother deleted it from my pc :undecide:
When he will come back from skiing i'll kick his a**.... but for now thanks for everything SpyFanatic and keep going man, we are proud of you!!

P.S. if i ever have some suggestion or bugs report i will post them here to help, if you want and/or need them

Good end of the year to all of you gamers!!

I found another issue. The Khazad world spell doesn't seem to be working correctly. I only received 225 gold when I used it, but I have way more than 9 mines. I'm not sure if you need a save, but here is the autosave from before I used the spell.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0318.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 4
Another issue, I am playing the Doviello with Charadon as leader. I got a barbarian event, but the only option I could pick was to sell slaves. With the barbarian trait, if that's my only option it is going to hurt me all game.

Edit: 3 out of the last 5 turns I had that event trigger. Lost 3 population in all my cities... grrr.

Last edited:
I found another issue. The Khazad world spell doesn't seem to be working correctly. I only received 225 gold when I used it, but I have way more than 9 mines. I'm not sure if you need a save, but here is the autosave from before I used the spell.
That's due to the fact that only mines are counted and not deep mine as well. Fixed it into taking into account. Now with 9 mines and 30 deep mines you should get (9 + 30) * 25 = 975 gold

Another issue, I am playing the Doviello with Charadon as leader. I got a barbarian event, but the only option I could pick was to sell slaves. With the barbarian trait, if that's my only option it is going to hurt me all game.

Edit: 3 out of the last 5 turns I had that event trigger. Lost 3 population in all my cities... grrr.
I think that this is due to the fact that the event of sell slaves is available also for friendly (maybe can be worth to have gold in exchange of population?) but other friendly events are not available as the other preconditions are not met... A savegame could be helpfull for debug and correct this.
Maybe a solution could be to add an additional events that triggers only for friendly attitude 'we are fine thanks' with no options... But if you can provide a savegame it could save some time on my side to replicate the case and check deeper what can be done...

Hi SpyFanatic, i would say I love this new version and the work that has been done on it lately, i'm a fan of master of mana and those new implementations are very nice. I'm really waiting for the new contents in version number 0.3
meanwhile i would have played the 0.2 but that bas***d of my brother deleted it from my pc :undecide:
When he will come back from skiing i'll kick his a**.... but for now thanks for everything SpyFanatic and keep going man, we are proud of you!!

P.S. if i ever have some suggestion or bugs report i will post them here to help, if you want and/or need them

Good end of the year to all of you gamers!!
Thank you so much and welcome to the forum. I am glad to see that there are still people around playing this wonderful mod! And many thanks also to everyone providing useful inputs to fix more bugs and to everyone else who is still overseeing and contributing!
I am going now to release v0.3, as 2023 is ending.. wanted to do it earlier but I kept looking to add more fixes! So the performance issue, the barbs event for barbaric leader and the turn that hangs at turn 205 (which on my side is a CTD...) will still be out of this release and will be evaluated later! All rest I think has been covered.

Apart from one OOS and some bugs detected on my side, the AI improvements of this release are focused on trying to have the cities to grow more (= more research) as what I have notice is that due to some bugs or constraints were not always able to properly do so. Currently I am not able to play thus I am not able to report to which extend the AI research rate is improved and will appreciate any feedback on that. Side notes: I have limited the number of AI available settlers to 1 instead of 2 (existing + under build) - a good number of turns are used by the AI to always have at least 2 available, maybe in the future I can improve the logic on when to build more settlers at the same times.
Same reason I forced AI to stay away as much as possible from military states, even if there could be reason for doing so it was currently triggered so often that it resulted in a constant -50% research rate: I would like to allows AI to temporarly chance to the civic but I would first understand how games are affected by that.
Second big point: AI resource trading is now enhanced in the sense that now AI gives weight to a lot of bonuses that a resource gives (allows to create buildings, equipment, affinity bonuses, etc..) and to trade them in exchange for gold per turn (or give gold per turn for a bonus). At the moment the current values given (with 100 being +1 gold per turn) are reported in AI_Bonus.cpp but I consider them 'draft' values as I am not really sure on which weight to give for any 'advantage class' that a resource gives.

That's beeing said I plan to upload v0.3 tomorrow and report the full changelog.

To all, have a nice end of the year!

If you switch religions, is there any way to learn the sacred knowledge techs of the new religion? The tooltip says "Next Sacred Knowledge in 0 Turns". I am not in anarchy.

1703904041316.png

As a disclaimer, I'm seeing this in 1.09; I don't know how 0.2 behaves in this situation. The only two changes I really noticed in 0.2 - the increased resource spawn rate and not needing the guild to show metal resources - were changes I didn't like. I thought the resource spawn rate was perfect in 1.09 and unplayable in 0.2, and needing the guild to show metal resources is peculiar, but it's a peculiarity I like. Thank you so much for working on the mod, though, SpyFanatic. I will try 0.3.

I am not quite sure how changing religion works and what is allowed then... Never done! But I believe it will be the same also for 0.2 or 0.3...
About increased resource spawn rate this has been introduced as part of initial merging, did some bugfix on it in 0.2 and it works fine as part of our gameplay (quick speed, tiny maps, game over in about 200 - 300 turns) but I do not know how it feels for larger maps and slower games as in this cases I guess even small percentage once applied each turn and on a lot of plot results in a lot of spawning. I can try to add some logging to have a feeling on the overall spawn rate and to adjust it on different game styles... Just a thought...
On Artistan guild we felt it was almost a must in each game in order to be able to access to vital resources like gold and gems, on 0.3 you will be still able to see them but only access them if you own the guild (the nearby city bonus will still be applied like deer and fur for example) and in this way they will be treated like all other resources in game.

Top Bottom