Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

Hi all , back again for brainstorming :crazyeye:
I too noticed that the mercurian miss the possibility to choose a religion with ancient chants, probably same problems with the guilds by barter,currency,etc. as SpyFanatic suspected, because in the world editor i can see that they have this techs but no guilds unlocked so..... it's a general, single bug? hope so
On another note, I wanted to propose a vote about a thing about the buildings that you can build only if the city is on a coast of a sea, and not if it's a lake. How about to allow them to be build even if you have only 1 tyle of lake?
If you think about it on a realistic POV you always build an harbor to dock the fishing ships for the night after a hard day of work fishing in the lake :lol:

As always, great work to everyone and my greatest thanks SpyFanatic for your commitment :)

EDIT: Just found out you can build the shipyard (more experience to naval units and build them faster) even with 1tyle of lake....but you can't build naval units except for the workboat :rolleyes:
so this choiche on the coastal buildings seems confusing....

Last edited:
About Mercurian/Infernal/Frozen: they should take all tech of the creator civ, which means also religion tech and also guilds.
So for Guilds I think they should get the one that has been picked by barter,currency,etc.. of the creator civ
For Religion, Frozen are Agnostic, for Infernals you need third level of Ashen Veil religion (which means Infernal should have that available to take as well), for Mercurian they should get the religion level of who summoned them.

About buildings requiring sea and not lake... Not sure, I think should be all aligned, but I do not have an opinion on that!
Realism aside, I guess depends on how maps are played e.g. I guess MoM_Lakes means no usage of harbor as of now and Merchant Guild less powerfull...

Well....to have a map that's thwarting one of the Guild doesn't sound funny at all :crazyeye:
I too think that all should be alligned but I really hope everyone agrees to my suggestion AND that that is a simple fix, but on a practical POV I'll understand if you will not change anything if it's too complicated, it's still pretty enjoyable as it is :)

I think the game would be more fun and harder if AIs promote their units more diversely. AIs should promote some units to Defense Discipline especially while they are weak and losing war. Shield breaker Class is actually of no use currently because AIs seldom promote units to Defense discipline. And if some units are built for city garrisoning, AI should not give them Offense discipline...

One thing, if anyone knows... What about Alms House? It gives +1H for each 10% Mana Rate... But I cannot find a way to increase Mana Rate..

It is the Wizard Tower that should enable adjusting of Mana rate according to Pedia but it seems an incomplete feature. I could not figure out how to adjust the rate though I had built one in a city.
One more thing, Alm House also is partly broken. It does not provide happiness with increase of the spell research.

Speaking of all the kind of magic towers, it might be nice to have those reworked, to give more meaning, not only + smth mana. Might be cool to have some spells be available only after tower constructing.

The spells are good, still, the game might go better if all the spellresearch might be revised a bit. To get it more involving.

I miss the times on MoM and/or Ashes of Erebus, when I was actively hunting spiders and other animals, even dinos, just to use them in my realm, even training spiders and dinos on weaker enemy units, enjoying their hidden nationality feature.

It is the Wizard Tower that should enable adjusting of Mana rate according to Pedia but it seems an incomplete feature. I could not figure out how to adjust the rate though I had built one in a city.
One more thing, Alm House also is partly broken. It does not provide happiness with increase of the spell research.
Wizard Tower is working, only adjustment is visible only inside the city not on main interface. I fixed that! Only it makes spellresearch flexible.. mana not as it is explicitly skipped in CvMainInterface... I guess I will remove this from Wizard Tower...
For Alms house, no happiness for spellresearch... it is for culture and for mana (which, as stated, I do not know how to modify it as it seems there is no building/research/wonder etc... for that - I am wondering if to remove happiness for mana rate and keep only culture)
Also I have merged the MNAI-U stack cycling with ctrl-space and ctrl-shift-space!

Also I have merged the MNAI-U stack cycling with ctrl-space and ctrl-shift-space!
That's great! Thank you!
It will be very useful combined with your Ctrl/Shift key function of showing/hiding blessing section!
only adjustment is visible only inside the city not on main interface. I fixed that! Only it makes spellresearch flexible.. mana not as it is explicitly skipped in CvMainInterface... I guess I will remove this from Wizard Tower...
Nice work!
Indeed, I do not understand adjusting mana. Why do we reduce mana production? If mana storage is full, surplus will be put into spellresearch...

Last edited:
I've got some thought on 'Elegy of the Sheaim'
Pedia says it increases Armageddon counter by 10 but the actual increment is 15. It should be reduced to 10(or lower) and its cost should be raised a lot in my opinion. It costs only 300 mana now which is too cheap so too many Planar Gate creatures enter Erebus early and too easily(especially for Os-Gabella played by human). The additional cost I have in my mind are 500 lumbers, 500 stones and 500 herbs if possible. For Sheaim, it is worth consuming all these resources and thematically proper. They will bring end of the world by devastating valuable earthly resources:lol:.

Top Bottom