Uh huh, yeah right buddy

NintendoTogepi

Noble Pacifist
I'm playing a round (going for culture victory) and suddenly Joao II comes up with an offer for me. It was so unbelievably bad that I had to take a picture and show you guys:

Seriously, what?

Also, I've gotten Joao II in EVERY game I've played. Why is that?

Joao doesn't have alot of gold, so he offers all the gold he has for those techs.

i'd accept the offer :p

What's he got to lose from asking? Granted, a fickle human player might decide to take such a request, even from a friend, as an affront and declare war, but then, the fickle human player was probably going to declare war before long anyway, if that's all the justification he needs.

But thats not just any gold, its the cursed Aztec gold from the Isle de Muerta. With an army of 80 undead units victory will be yours. Too bad its never night time in Civ so they won't be scaring anybody.

If only he had thrown in his hat. ;).

You know, I've never seen Jano, yet I constantly see other leaders over and over. We must both be outliers, or else forgetful. I haven't seen Monty in 15 or so games...

Wow, that beats my worst deal by a long shot:

At the time, I thought it was hilarious, but yours is far worse!

Pacal probably had 1-2 turns left to research that himself. I used to laugh at these, but with BtS espionage it's easy to see that they (usually) have most of the tech done anyway.

I often agree with these deals now to get some extra gold and AI saves only turn or two.

I'm sitting here at work, bored out of my skull, when I decide to see whats cooking at Civfanatics. The pictures in this thread are absolutely hilarious!:lol:

Pacal probably had 1-2 turns left to research that himself. I used to laugh at these, but with BtS espionage it's easy to see that they (usually) have most of the tech done anyway.

I often agree with these deals now to get some extra gold and AI saves only turn or two.

Exactly. I regularly sell techs that other civs are about to discover for relatively small sums of money. It all adds up and if you are selling to a Civ that is way behind in the tech race the impact is minimal/non-existent. This is one of the nice side bonuses of the espionage system. I used to have to offer a Civ every tech and see if there was one that they lowballed on price. If they did offer some small sum (that was less than the total amount of gold they had to offer) I knew they were close to discovering that tech and would usually make the sale. Espionage has just made that process a lot easier.

As for the original trade in the thread that has never happened to me with techs (although similarly bad offers have been made for resources). Seems like a bug but a relatively harmless one unless they are doing it in reverse.

Top Bottom