UN Resolution Modification

Also, while perusing the XML files, there's a tag at the end of each entry: <ForceCivics/>. Has anyone played with it to determine if you can prevent the UN from forcing you to change civics?

Nekkerbee said:
I want to tweak this mod to only allow voting for the 2 or 3 most advanced civics per category. Do I only have to delete the appropriate info from CIV4VoteInfo, or do I have to chop things out of GameTextInfos too?

Having 'extra' info in the GameTextInfos shouldn't matter if they aren't used via the VoteInfo.xml

And of course the easiest thing to do with XML is try it and see what happens :)

Nekkerbee said:
Also, while perusing the XML files, there's a tag at the end of each entry: <ForceCivics/>. Has anyone played with it to determine if you can prevent the UN from forcing you to change civics?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the UN? Easier to just remove the UN from the BuildInfos file :lol:

I could see Genghis Kahn want to adopt slavery, but Elizabeth? I'll never look at her the same again. :p

On a side note, I recreated the UN to be available at the start of the game as a World Wonder costing 100 hammers. That way it can be used through the entire game. It looks funny having the UN graphic among a bunch of huts and such but I just wanted to give it a try.

Actually, Gengis Khan was a pioneer of abolitionism. He spent an unknown part of his life as a slave (at least several months, possibly around a decade) and as a result was not a big fan of the practice. The popular image of Gengis Khan bears little resemblance to the truth.

I have played a lot of mods and this one rox. I love the graphics I love the game play and I love being able to have such a selection of civs to pick from. It is challenging and fun and I rank it as one of the best mods I have ever played. ;)

:bump:

Does this work with Beyond The Sword? I've long thought it would make sense to have this sort of mod.

Also, is there a mod that enables resolutions to still take affect if there are a majority of votes, even if one or more civ defies them? Ex. we can have most civilizations sworn to not build nukes, and they still agree not to do so, but one or two rogue countries that vote Never! (defy resolution).

Top Bottom