Unable to change gamespeed for technology only

yutterh

Chieftain
Unfortunately, I am very upset with this game. I don't have the ability to change my production and technology speed seperatly anymore. I went into the gamespeed files to change that and ends up that they are one single speed now. Does anyone know any other way to change the game speeds? This is crucial to my play style. I feel normal and quick is way to fast with technology, i was playing on epic, and the technology was advancing faster then i can create people. I made a scout and almost finished a builder and i did 3 techs already. This is extremley upsetting. hopefully someone can find a way for me to edit this manually eventually. Other wise i wasted my money on this game. Can't get a refuind cause i bought through third party and already redeemed the code. Yes game speeds is that much of a major factor to me. Without it the game is too fast or too slow.

Can you make a mod andedit the tech costs? It's likely an xml file. Double all the values if you want tech to be twice as slow?

Marathon has ridiculously high production. I want low production and high technology costs. Unfortunately, The xml that changes gamespeeds now only changes overall multiplier instead of individual costs. Used to be able to change costs of technology and production seperatly. Well I did figure it out and i have to change every technology cost myself manually. So that sucks lol, luckily they cut technology down by half lol. But i wanted marathon tech, ages, and civics. everything else at quick speed.

Alright I got it working. What i did was go to technoligies.xml and changed everything to be x4. Then I went into gamespeeds.xml and only changed the marathon cost multiplier. This is not exactly a solid increase, the multiplier will be off by s bit. Do i will be testing how this runs. I think it may be too fast. So im gonna increase technology to 6x. this will give a even 402 increase to technology compared to marathons current multiplier which is 300. This is probably all confusing but hoping someone gets what i mean lol

In civ 5 I would play Marathon games with Tech costs increased to 400% and Production at 120%, Civics was left at marathon levels.
Played one game of Civ6 on standard, got to around turn 100 and said this is ridiculous im advancing through the ages before I can build more than a handful of items.
Opened the gamespeeds.xml and sure enough I run into the same issue as Yutterh :confused: what the heck did they do to my beloved gamespeeds.xml, how is this more mod friendly?

I could mod the base tech and civic costs and play on standard or epic but then deal lengths and who knows what else are off

I want this too... CIV 5 they had a historic mod thing
I want long tech cost /civic cost and quick to standard production cost ... anybody know what I have to do?!?

I had the same problem as you and the first thing I did was going into the gamespeed file and lowered the production modifier from 300 to 150, the one used for Epic. You can lower it to 100 if you want Standard-speed production, which I also recommend because tech speed is very fast in CivVI.

LIkewise, you can increase civic/tech costs from 300 to whatever you want in the file as well.

What i did was go to technoligies.xml and changed everything to be x4.

There is literally no reason to do this because you could've just tweaked the tech modifier for Marathon in the gamespeeds file to 1200.

Used to be able to change costs of technology and production seperatly

Annnnnd you still can. Not exactly sure what file you're looking at.

Edit: I goofed ignore me.

Top Bottom