Unique leader texts

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
I don´t know if I´m the only one noticing it, but none of the leaders appear to have unique diplo texts save for the introduction, which kinda ruins the mood. I thought maybe we could change that in the next version, so here I opened a brainstorming thread. I couldn´t find the text files in FFP, but IIRC the opportunities for unique texts would be (apart from introduction) a text each for pleased to friendly and annoyed to furious, one for refusing to talk and one when declaring war. I might have forgotten some, but that´s the gist of it.

Here we go:

Hector Alvarez:
Friendly: Ah, Player, one of the few people that are almost my equal. How can New Earth help you today?
Furious: Make it quick Player, running a mighty empire is hard work, not that you would understand that of course.
Refusing to talk: New Earth does not negotiate with rebel scum.
Declaring war: The universe has suffered your insolence long enough, rebel scum!

John Richards:
Friendly: Always good talking to someone who understands the value of hard work. I´ll be with you right away Player.
Furious: This better be important, I´m a busy man.
Refusing to talk: I don´t have time for some parasite like you, come back you´ve actually done something of value for anyone.
Declaring war: You wouldn´t know hard work if it came up and bit ya, which by the way is precisely what´s happening right now.

Kanji Takeno:
Friendly:
Furious:
Refusing to talk:
Declaring war:

Leonard Pritchard:
Friendly: My trusted friend Player, I would oh so love to offer you a cup of tea, but alas, we are separated by several thousands of lightyears. Anyway how can Paradise help you?
Furious:
Refusing to talk:
Declaring war:

Suggestions from Eclipse:
Friendly: My trusted friend Player, I would oh so love to offer you a cup of tea, but alas, we are separated by several thousands of lightyears. Anyway how can Paradise help you?

Friendly: The luxuries Paradise await you, Come and Relax in our popular Resorts
Furious: You have disturbed Paradise! Quickly, now what do you have to offer to lighten my mood?
Refusing to talk: We have absolutely no time for the likes of your kind.
Declaring war: You have made a grave error in judgment that now costs you our friendship and it is now time to pay!

Lu Tianqu:
Friendly:
Furious:
Refusing to talk: Talk to you? Hah! I´ve got lab rats with more important things to say.
Declaring war:

Lucas von Reuther:
Friendly:
Furious:
Refusing to talk: Your imperialist lies do not deceive me Player! Begone!
Declaring war: Sic semper tyrannis!

Raul Colombo:
Friendly:
Furious:
Refusing to talk: You´re simply not worth my time Player. Come back if you have to offer anything of value.
Declaring war: I think it´s time to step up my game from Entrepreneur to Emperor, and your colonies shall make an excellent starting point from which to conquer the galaxy.

Suggestions from Tachywaxon:
Friendly: C'mere friend! I fain would start any business with you!
Furious: A little vermin like you can't keep up along the laws of business and you shall fall sooner or later. Still, business is business...so talk and try to convince me!
Refusing to talk: You have shown to the world no one can trust you, even a businessman like me! Talk to my hand!
Declaring war: My apologies, this is the law of market. I covet your resources, then I grab it through any ways.

Vladimir Korovin:
Friendly:
Furious:
Refusing to talk:
Declaring war: Don´t take this personal, but it appears your colonies are simply more profitable for us if they aren´t under your control.

Any further suggestions?

Raul Colombo

Friendly: C'mere friend! I fain would start any business with you!
Furious: A little vermin like you can't keep up along the laws of business and you shall fall sooner or later. Still, business is business...so talk and try to convince me!
Refusing to talk: You have shown to the world no one can trust you, even a businessman like me! Talk to my hand!
Declaring war: My apologies, this is the law of market. I covet your resources, then I grab it through any ways.

Leonard Pritchard:

Friendly: The luxuries Paradise await you, Come and Relax in our popular Resorts
Furious: You have disturbed Paradise! Quickly, now what do you have to offer to lighten my mood?
Refusing to talk: We have absolutely no time for the likes of your kind.
Declaring war: You have made a grave error in judgment that now costs you our friendship and it is now time to pay!

Vladimir Korovin:
Friendly: Well, if it isn't our favorite repeat customer. What business do you have with Red Syndicate, [PLAYER]?
Furious: Your brash mannerisms do not make you very welcome here, [PLAYER]. State your business.
Refusing to talk: Business opportunities do not come with a warranty, [PLAYER]. Now leave.
Declaring war: Try not to take this personal, [PLAYER], but we have concluded that your colonies would generate more revenue for us if they were under our control.

More will come later.

Thanks for these! Feel free to contribute more suggestions.

I'll be happy to merge (at least some of) them in.

Raul Colombo:
Refusing to talk: No chance. Talk to the invisible hand of the market [player]!

You sure that wouldn't fit better for Vladimir Korovin?

Extremely belated bump!

I played a game of FF+ recently and realized just how lacking we actually are in the diplomacy text department. I'm merging the above in for the next patch (which will come out by sometime next week, I promise!); more suggestions remain welcome. :)

We can have multiple per-leader responses, that's not an issue.

Alright then, here my ideas for the lines that are missing so far:

Kanji Takeno

Friendly: On behalf of the proud people of Halis, welcome. What can we do for you?
Furious: Oh, it's you. Make it quick, I have a glorious nation to guide.
Refusing to talk: Halis has better things to do than exchange false pleasantries with you. Be gone!
Declaring war: Your subversive influences can no longer be ignored by the proud people of Halis.

Lu Tianqu
Friendly: Good day to you, Player. Come, let us compare our research results!
Furious: What makes you think you can just barge in and disturb my research? You better have some knowledge to share.
Refusing to talk: see first post
Declaring war: The Avowers have researched brand new weapon technologies, and with your help we shall see how they fare in praxis.

Lukas von Reuther
Friendly: Friendship! How can our two collectives cooperate today?
Furious: We bring the galaxy friendship, harmony and equality! I don't think you have much to offer to the Brotherhood, but you are welcome to try and prove me wrong.
Refusing to talk: see first post
Declaring war: see first post

Vladimir Korovin
Friendly: Ah, Player, how are you doing? Anything you want? Money, power, planets, I know a guy who knows a guy who can make your dreams come true.
Furious: The Syndicate is more powerful than you think. Don't strain my patience, or you might just suffer an 'accident'.
Refusing to talk: I see you have an offer I can refuse. Which I will.
Declaring war: see first post

Merged some of those in, especially the angry greeting dialogue (since there isn't any of it (other than the occasional "fear my unit!" and that sort of thing)). I'd also written my own for some of those, and used some of the other above suggestions, so there should be a bit of variety. :)

I didn't put every line from this thread in, but that doesn't mean others from this thread won't go in later.

Also, obviously, all the generic friendly greetings and declaring war messages can still trigger (there's no preference to the unique-leader ones).

EDIT: Also, there were edits made to some of the lines, but I tried to preserve meaning.

Top Bottom