Unit Art Graphics!!!

BobeBrown

Warlord
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11366

I downloaded that russian specnaz file and i cant for the life of me work out how to get it working. Theres no order to it and i can not find a tutorial of how to create the unit from this...

I know how to make a modular unit, i just dont get how to get the graphics from this file attached to my woc module for the specnaz. Ive got all the unitinfos.xml code set up etc, just someone please help me how to declare this in artdefines xml?

What did you do until know, and what did not work?

theres lots in the file. really good specnaz images in the photo.

In my modular file i tried using some of the nifs, theres no kfms... i never done this before so i have no clue what im doing. none of it worked. How do i put it together?

.nifs: There should only be 2 nifs per folder, one is probably named _noshader.nif.
Use the other .nif for the normal .nif entry, the noshader.nif for the NOSHADER entry.
If there are more than 2 .nifs, and you can't separate them somehow by name, then try to use the biggest .nif for both entries.

Animations: If there's no Readme.txt or another helpfile, then you have to try :/.
The bazooka soldier in the upper right uses probably the animations from the Next War Anti tank infantry (just open Next War\Assets\XML\ArtDefines_Units.xml, search for the entry of the anti tank infantry, copy the entry for the .kfm), the other both...no idea. The one at the bottom left maybe Navy Seal animations. If that doesn't work, try infantry or marine .kfms.

Zerver put all the Spetsnaz in one folder, so there are several nifs in there.

Top Bottom