Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
I've got a question about sound. Why is it that if I have a sound for say the fortify flc it works for one unit ini but not another in game? The sound file in question resides in unit a's folder. Unit b has an ini that refers to unit a's sound file. In game when unit a fortifies I hear the sound but when unit b fortifies I do not hear the sound.

Unit b's ini looks something like this: Fortify=../unit a/fortify.wav

Hi Vuldacon.

I checked my folder name and everything seems fine. I wonder if either the Civilopedia entry for the PRTO or the Pediaicons entry for the ANIMNAME have anything to do with this? I'm going to check tomorrow.

I wonder if either the Civilopedia entry for the PRTO or the Pediaicons entry for the ANIMNAME have anything to do with this?
If you see the Unit in the Game and Civilopedia and the animations, the PediaIcons and ANIMNAME entries have nothing to do with the sounds. It is probably the link to the sound that is the problem.
As a test, try using the Fortify sound directly. Copy and Paste it into the new Unit folder and add it to the .ini.

I'm stumped. Tried putting the sound file directly into Unit B's folder so that the Unit B ini would not have to follow a path outside of it's own folder to get to the sound file. Still not working in game. I even tried checking the sound file with Audacity to make sure it is in the proper format and it is.

I'm going to try to take that sound file and move it to another scenario/art/unit folder and see if I can hear that sound in another scenario.

Unit B did not have it's own fortify.wav listed in the .ini so I chose to borrow the sound from Unit A.
I meant does Unit B have a Fortify.flc... if not, it would not need a Fortify.wav

Vuldacon! I'm happy to report that the missing fortify.flc was indeed the reason why my sound file wasn't playing. Thanks for helping me think out loud to find the solution to the problem. 🍻🍺

Vuldacon! I'm happy to report that the missing fortify.flc was indeed the reason why my sound file wasn't playing. Thanks for helping me think out loud to find the solution to the problem. 🍻🍺
You are Very Welcome... most of the minor problems do generally end being simple things.

Not sure what the Fortify sound you want to use is but you can simply use a part or all of the Default Flc for the Fortify if that will work for you.

Top Bottom