Unit Request Thread

A "fixed" SAM missile launcher position would be helpful. Something like a SA-3, Nike or even Patriot.

Hye guys/girls im just wondering if anyone have been thinking about making a unit for The Ottoman, they have unique ability regarding naval but no unique naval unit at all. I just saw this at wikipedia The Ottoman have the biggest ship of the line. Im grateful if anyone can make this unit came true.. Huhu seriously im not good with modding i even failed to install modbuddy and dont know why. The best i can do right now is edit people mod spanish galleon to make as The Ottoman unit but the ship 3d model not big as english ship of the line. the the picture of the ship

Attachments

• Ottoman_ship_of_the_line_Mahmudiye.png
    Ottoman_ship_of_the_line_Mahmudiye.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 220

Is there some unit model of Conquistadores mounted and on foot mixed up? If there is not, can someone make one for me?

Is there some unit model of Conquistadores mounted and on foot mixed up? If there is not, can someone make one for me?

Someone could convert these guys I made for Civ 4 a long time ago!

They did, and it was you! They were one of the first units converted to Civ5.

Download Here

Yeah, I do remember that! But that was just the Musketman not the Cavalry and Swordsman and "old general" texture variants.

Can I request a unique great person model for Rome/greece (Praetor) something that looks like a basically a guy in a toga...

Mig21 Russian fighter from SnafuSmith
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/jet-fighter-mig-21-with-10-skins.457539/

If someone is will to convert this over for Civ 5, and has PayPal. I would really like to have this, and am willing to pay for the effort. I know this takes ALOT of work to convert over. I am unable to make the software work needed to convert this myself. If someone is willing to take this one, I am MORE than happy to pay. Thanks!

We're just about to release one of our new Aboriginal Civs, but one of the last things holding us up is the unit art. We're looking for something that resembles the icon below and utilises the Atlatl animations. We're thinking that you could get away with rigging the Songhai Scout to the Atlatl throw animations. We can also get someone to retexture the unit, so wouldn't have to worry about reskinning unless you wanted to.

Still very much in need of this lol!

There's no unit models for an outrigger for civ 5 yet :(

I was looking for a few unit models: a proa, a karakoa, a paraw, a guilalo, or a bangka

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a civ5-compatible model for the Tu-160 bomber?

I only found a civ-3 one, but I don't know anything about converting this and searching for it is a pain as well since the forum search will cut out the "Tu"-part from "Tu-160"...if it really doesn't exist for civ-5 yet, I'd be kind of surprised, since it's "the largest and heaviest combat aircraft, the fastest bomber now in use and the largest and heaviest variable-sweep wing airplane ever flown." (Wikipedia).

There exists a Tu-22M model for civ-5, which looks kinda similar, but it's not the real deal; so if anyone could convert the civ-3 one or make one for civ-5, I'd be very happy and it will definitely be used in a larger mod that I can't talk much about just yet (I'm not the only one working on it). I don't need any icons or portrait for it, just the model.

@civplayer33 : FYI, Civ3 units are animations rendered from 3D models, but the models themselves aren't included. Even if you had access to the model, they tend to be pretty low poly count.

FYI, Civ3 units are animations rendered from 3D models, but the models themselves aren't included. Even if you had access to the model, they tend to be pretty low poly count.
Hmmm, thanks for the info; so converting the civ-3 version is out of the question then; I was looking a bit into how civ-5 models work and it seems they are made with something called Granny-3D tools, right? Is there a free version of that somewhere?

Hmmm, thanks for the info; so converting the civ-3 version is out of the question then; I was looking a bit into how civ-5 models work and it seems they are made with something called Granny-3D tools, right? Is there a free version of that somewhere?

For working with Civ 5 granny files (.gr2) you need to use Nexus Buddy 2.

Hi all!

I am Looking for some models and textures for pre-industrial sailing ships (I am already aware of the Civ4 imported Carrack Model, the war Galleon and normal Galleon).
Maybe anyone knows where to find already existing additional models, or a mod or have something like that to share.

Precisely, I am Looking for Kinds of a 2 masted, square sailed early Frigate, Sloop or Corvette; also something like a Brigantine or larger Caravel would be appreciated.
Besides, I was wondering if anyone already made something like a super-frigate, based on the famous USS Constitution or the French Belle Poule?

Sorry for doublepost; but in the meantime, i found the textures below within the "advanced naval Units (v9)" Mod, which Look Pretty much like the USS Constitution. (had to convert them to .bmp for upload, use united file viewer for instance to reconvert them to .dds)
Unfortunately, they seem to have no associated .gr2 and .fxsxml file.

Can anyone help out and tell me, where I can find the associated models? Or if they would probably work on one of the default civ5 models?
As I don´t have any idea how to extract the vanilla art files from civ5, I can´t try it by myself.

Attachments

• Cannons_diff.bmp
    256.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Cannons_sref.bmp
    256.1 KB · Views: 211
Can anyone help out and tell me, where I can find the associated models? Or if they would probably work on one of the default civ5 models?

You're apparently looking in:
Advanced Naval Units (v 9)\Surface\Light Cruiser\
which contains a couple of units. Looking at the texture sheets alone is misleading, as it looks like the ironclad is using the files you're asking about just for the cannon pieces (hence the filename). The texture itself comes from the Civ4 Frigate, which AFAIK hasn't been converted to CiV.

FWIW, note that Advanced Naval Units has a USS Constitution based on the War Galleon in:
Advanced Naval Units (v 9)\Renissaince Era\Surface Ships\Constitution\
As above, don't be confused, as a model doesn't necessarily use all of the textures in a given image.

As I don´t have any idea how to extract the vanilla art files from civ5, I can´t try it by myself.
As far as tools:
The SDK includes a program called Nexus that, among other things, contains scripts to extract the .fpk files. You can also use the third-party tool Dragon UnPACKer.

Nexus can also be used for viewing gr2s with their textures outside of the game (you can easily use RAD Granny Viewer to examine units, but without their textures since Firaxis uses non-standard Granny)--except Firaxis broke the Nexus 3D Viewer at some point in development and never fixed it, so you'll need to use the old version of the SDK if you want a working 3D Viewer.

Going further down the rabbit-hole, if you want to reskin a unit (i.e., make a copy of a unit with a tweaked texture file), note that the texture references in the .fxsxml file don't really do anything. You'll need to edit your copy of the .gr2 to point it to your new texture. You can use the community-made tool Nexus Buddy (either the simple old version which is sufficient to change texture references, or the full-featured rewrite, NexusBuddy 2, which can sometimes be more difficult to get working, but is a lifesaver if you're doing unit conversions).

It's not relevant to units, but note that if you're interested in looking at the UI textures that include an accompanying "*-index.dds" files, you'll need to use this tool to convert them to png.

Last edited:
Hello again! I'm looking for a unit model which resembles a martial artist in unarmed combat. It's for a Dragon Ball Civilization I'm currently making and I would like to see it reskinned as a Great Saiyaman model. If there is no such model, a reskinned danish berserker without weapons would also work fine.

Also I haven't been able to use Modbuddy at all because of an exception error (and Nexus crashes whenever I try to view a model file), so I want to ask if someone also experiences this issue?

Hello again! I'm looking for a unit model which resembles a martial artist in unarmed combat. It's for a Dragon Ball Civilization I'm currently making and I would like to see it reskinned as a Great Saiyaman model. If there is no such model, a reskinned danish berserker without weapons would also work fine.
Unfortunately, there aren't many weaponless units, since there aren't any weaponless animations. If you want a quick and dirty reskin job, I'd go with reskinning the zombie (e.g., I reskinned it to make an ice golem). Otherwise, you'd have to re-rig a unit to new animations (there are a few tutorials in the Tutorials & Reference subforum that describe how to do this). You'll need NexusBuddy 2, described in my post just one above yours. If you want to go that route, Danrell has some great units to start with.

Also I haven't been able to use Modbuddy at all because of an exception error (and Nexus crashes whenever I try to view a model file), so I want to ask if someone also experiences this issue?
Also in the message just before yours I describe why Nexus 3D Viewer is crashing. The ModBuddy question should probably be asked in the main C&C thread with some more information about the error you're getting.

Top Bottom