Unit Request Thread

Hi guys,

I am working currently on the conversion of Orbis to Civ5. It goes quite well considering how hard the modding of Civ5 is (at least if you want to make a bigger mod).

I have currently reached the stage where I need to start adding art. I will need a lot of it, probably most of the units from FfH2/Orbis 1. I know I will have to learn converting at some point, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

For now, however, I really need some basic units:
Civ4 standard axeman
Cog/Cogge - the 4th ship on the big picture, with blue flag
Civ4 standard Galleon
Civ4 Airship

For unique units:
Civ4 standard Galley
Also, Dromon

I could go on (the list is quite long...), but these are the units I have already added - so my need to provide them unique art is the most dire.

This is where EVERYONE should start making units; Start at the bottom and then work your way UP:mischief:

Here are an Ethnic civ of Warriors (Civ 4) that is needed to be converted to Civ 5:

African

Arab

Celtic

Germanic

Hellenistic

Meso

Native

Slavic

Turk

(Removed Attachment)

yea, unit creation should basically start with converting all the civ4 units in the db over to civ5.

I am starting a large mod, as hard as that sounds, based on military history from a favorite anime of mine. I liked the military history and figured i could make a great mod, with techs and units based on the mech-like weapons. Although before i try anything i need models for my new units im going to add(otherwise i wouldnt make this mod), I am not a modeler, or texture designer whatsoever in any way. So i figured i might ask, starting with the pics below if anybody could make a unit based off one of the Knightmare frames.

any and all help is appreciated

I request dinosaurs! I tried to find some civ 4 dinosaurs that I could convert to civ 5 using the unit conversion guide, but I was unsuccessful, despite the fact that I heard there was a dino unit in a demo for civ 4. I probably looked in the wrong place, but yeah, dinosaurs would be great, as I recently got my hands on some paleogeographic maps of earth and I'd love to turn them into a prehistoric scenario or mod. Even just some links to some civ 4 dino units would be incredibly helpful. I'm looking for the big three: brontos, raptors and t-rexes, although some plesiosaurs would be cool as hell. Ultimately, I'd want whatever/as much as I can get. :p

hello all, could somebody convert the Mechanized Infantry from the Civ IV mods :

German Marder
Us Bradley
English Warrior
French VAB and French AMX -10 P
Pizarro
Dardo
Rooikat
Type89
Merkava Nammer
BTR80
and TAM

I request dinosaurs! I tried to find some civ 4 dinosaurs that I could convert to civ 5 using the unit conversion guide, but I was unsuccessful, despite the fact that I heard there was a dino unit in a demo for civ 4. I probably looked in the wrong place, but yeah, dinosaurs would be great, as I recently got my hands on some paleogeographic maps of earth and I'd love to turn them into a prehistoric scenario or mod. Even just some links to some civ 4 dino units would be incredibly helpful. I'm looking for the big three: brontos, raptors and t-rexes, although some plesiosaurs would be cool as hell. Ultimately, I'd want whatever/as much as I can get. :p

I have been trying to get the Graphics people for 4 years now to do this, withOUT any success, so Good Luck!!

Is it hard to find unit designers? If so I might not get my hopes up then. Im only going to continue working on my mod if I can get someone to help me with the nightmare frames.

If asking here doesn't where could I get some help?

Raptor graphics are available in the "Fall Further" modmod of "Fall from Heaven". That same modmod also has a Triceratops, but it is mounted.

I've never heard of that demo dino unit before! Hopefully it's real and someone has it's graphics...

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck, dinosaurs were needed for Civ4 but not many were done, one can only hope they'll be available for Civ5.

Top Bottom