Unity - JFD-US-DMS-THP-G&H's Ireland - Brian Boru for VP

Just tried V6. A very well designed civ with a focus in great people and cultural victory. What I like especially: you can open with any policy tree and can prosper on any terrain.

You can go tradition and get full GP benefits, if your land allows. You can go progress and max GMu points with your UB 2. Or you can go authority and max your GW bonuses. The +1 faith from faith buildings and tiles also makes your pantheon choice very flexible.

Thank you @KlHannibal2, It's a civilization that I like very much and your return means a lot to me. I think it may still be a little too powerful in terms of tourism, what do you think?
I actually think that it possibly being too powerful in terms of tourism is pretty damned accurate historically speaking. Ireland in the Modern era is a very popular country in that regard. However f you made it so that we had poverty/boredom happiness issue(s) to counterbalance that would also be accurate, sadly. The amount of Irish people that have to emigrate for work and accomation would astound you.

Last edited:
I'm only up to Industrial so far, I really like this civ. I think that the building bonus can be dropped. The civ is already plenty strong with +1 :c5faith:+1:tourism:on feature+improvements. Having that bonus on buildings as well is quite busted.

So one thing I noticed about the UA: I took the inspired eorks reformation belief, which gives 2 science and 2 faith to GPTIs. However, I don't get the extra faith anf tourism from GPTIs. I'm not sure if the UA should give tose yielda, or it should only give them to imprivements that have faith as a base yield (like a plantation on tobacco). I am also not getting UA yields from a natural wonder while having goddess of nature.

Regarding the amount of tourism, I did not play many culture victory games recently and I'm not sure what are normal values at what point. I am now at urn 242 getting 255 tourism. I'm on 10 cities, having 2 follower buildings, monasteries and zoos everywhere and about 5 museums.

Ireland in the Modern era is a very popular country in that regard. However f you made it so that we had poverty/boredom happiness issue(s) to counterbalance that would also be accurate, sadly.
We had discussed something like that with Hinin, it's something to think about.

I'm only up to Industrial so far, I really like this civ. I think that the building bonus can be dropped. The civ is already plenty strong with +1 :c5faith:+1:tourism:on feature+improvements. Having that bonus on buildings as well is quite busted.
So one thing I noticed about the UA: I took the inspired eorks reformation belief, which gives 2 science and 2 faith to GPTIs. However, I don't get the extra faith anf tourism from GPTIs. I'm not sure if the UA should give tose yielda, or it should only give them to imprivements that have faith as a base yield (like a plantation on tobacco). I am also not getting UA yields from a natural wonder while having goddess of nature.
Currently bonuses are only on Buildings, features and improvements that have a base Faith bonus. Otherwise it would be way too powerful. Conversely, I think that removing the buildings would reduce this bonus to nothing (or not much).

Currently bonuses are only on Buildings, features and improvements that have a base Faith bonus. Otherwise it would be way too powerful. Conversely, I think that removing the buildings would reduce this bonus to nothing (or not much).
Yeah, makes sense. Another way to nerf tourism would be the reduce the bonus from pubs in foreign cities ro 1.5%.

In my game, I will have to overcome Indonesia with 17 cities and the culture corporation. Let's see if Ireland can make it.

Time for some feedback from late game:
I played to turn 380. My tourism at this point is 2906.

I will probably not win since I need 67 more turns to overcome Rome's culture, while Babylon only needs 3 more techs for science victory. As Rome is sanctioned, I can't get 3ooen borders or trade routes. My problems were not getting any culture wonder besides Louvre and I did go for rationalism/ industry split. With full rationalism, I might have unlocked more tourism earlier. Also, I thought musicians are still an instant culture bomb, so I started using them too late.

Overall, I don't feel Irelands tourism is too strong. But I'm not as good in peaceful culture play as with warmongering, so more experienced culture players might have turned this into a win.

Overall, a cool civ that was fun to play. I also like the icons, good job!

It seems the bonuses are only on buildings that natively give faith. I took Earth Mother to get faith and production on monuments and those monuments didn't get the faith and tourism from the UA. If this is intended, it might be good to note it.

It seems the bonuses are only on buildings that natively give faith. I took Earth Mother to get faith and production on monuments and those monuments didn't get the faith and tourism from the UA. If this is intended, it might be good to note it.
Might I do a suggestion :
Buildings, Features and Improvements that produce with a native :c5faith: Faith production gain +1 :c5faith: Faith and :tourism: Tourism

Might I do a suggestion :
Great, thank you very much. I'm going to make the change.

Top Bottom