v19 bugs and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another CTD dump:
This one happens when a production is completed and after processing that production the order list node should be deleted. The likely cause is that some code that gets called during the production completion changes the order list and already deleted the node.
Do you know what production was completed when the CTD happened?

:nuke:^^^
I just got a straight CTD... also while scrolling across the map.
hope this helps!

I had the same problem with regular crashes when scrolling around. Figured out that the dx9 file 'd3d9.dll' was the problem. Reinstalling directx didn't do any good, but after switching compatibility mode from XP/SP3 --> XP/SP2 there wasn't a single crash anymore for dozens of hours. Maybe it works for you as well.

This one happens when a production is completed and after processing that production the order list node should be deleted. The likely cause is that some code that gets called during the production completion changes the order list and already deleted the node.
Do you know what production was completed when the CTD happened?

Sorry. i have had like three different games going when stuff happens. And i usually play in the wee early morning around 4-5 am, so not awake yet:sleep::blush:

AIAndy:

Another minidump for ya????
That one is interesting. The AI tries to send a worker to another city for improving stuff and pushes a mission to route to a certain plot. But somewhere along the code the Y coordinate of the target plot gets lost and now it tries to route to the north pole which crashes somewhere in the exe.
Might be useful if Koshling has a look at that once he has some time as he has more experience in the Civ AI code.

I had the same problem with regular crashes when scrolling around. Figured out that the dx9 file 'd3d9.dll' was the problem. Reinstalling directx didn't do any good, but after switching compatibility mode from XP/SP3 --> XP/SP2 there wasn't a single crash anymore for dozens of hours. Maybe it works for you as well.
Both of Aevum's crashes and Joseph's second one happen in the d3d9.dll so there is certainly some issue with graphics around. It might be a bad model but this is worth trying as well.

That's for XP 32 bit iirc. Not sure what I can do on compatibility with XP Pro 64 bit. But I'll look into it.

As for graphic models, I've now seen Giraffe Archers were the archer is inside the giraffe's body. And the giraffe's neck doesn't sit square on it's body. All the other riders I've seen all sit on their mount not in it.

Also the Cherokee Rifleman's image in the lower sidebar is headless, as is the Auroch. And I thought I saw another one that way but can't remember who or what.

JosEPh

A minor item that might be worth looking at or tweaking, Still early in the game:
My automated idiot works. BURNED all the junlges, with thier jungle camps. For noo reason. I still don't have anything else there, cause I don't have a tech to put a better upgrade improvement there... so now the city sucks, lol.
Mostly I guess its needed to weight the workers, to value the Camps, (+2H +2F +1$) over the (+1F) from burning. those sneaky bastard workers...

That's just one of the many reasons I never automate my workers. Not sure what the original dev team for Fraxis was thinking on the Worker AI. :crazyeye:

JosEPh ;)

I suspect that the reason they are burning the jungle is because it gives some unhealthiness.

Now that I have played a couple of games up to hospitals I can start working on my unhealthiness mod again the first part is to remove all unhealthiness from terrain and features.

I suspect that the reason they are burning the jungle is because it gives some unhealthiness.

Now that I have played a couple of games up to hospitals I can start working on my unhealthiness mod again the first part is to remove all unhealthiness from terrain and features.

I could not agree more, there is alittle too much unhealthiness right now, IMO.

AIAndy:

Another dump, when i try to upgrade one of the newer Aircraft (Strike Fighter and Thunderbolt)??

EDIT: Its weird: I took the aircraft out of the air and moved the carriers to one title to the east and i get a WfoC error.
I then reloaded and took back the carriers to the city and had them defended against anything, and it went to the next turn, but again if i tried to upgrade any of the aircraft, poof crash, right away:confused::crazyeye:

EDIT EDIT: OK if i upgrade any of the other fighters ONLAND no crash, but as soon as i try those in the ship crash??

Spoiler :

yeah, just makes me sad that whenever i make a jungle camp some jerk has to burn it down...I don't suppose we can change the workers habbits, or is that a 'fireaxis' only type thing?

Also, to whom it may concern, would you like a list of any font, displaced, missing text or grammatical errors? I can right em down as I go thru it again in my mult. player game.

Spoiler :

yeah, just makes me sad that whenever i make a jungle camp some jerk has to burn it down...I don't suppose we can change the workers habbits, or is that a 'fireaxis' only type thing?

Also, to whom it may concern, would you like a list of any font, displaced, missing text or grammatical errors? I can right em down as I go thru it again in my mult. player game.

We can change worker AI but we should hold of to see if my changes "fix" the problem 'naturally'.:mischief:

Yes report any errors like that, 'we' often miss them, and anything like that will improve the quality of the mod. Just remember some of us speak and write The Queen's English not American English. ;)

ohh boy, I had quite a few one day... i'll have to refind them. The Queen's English lol :p
Sevopedia
Unit: Ribauldequin
Strategy: Ribauldequin .,
Background: Ribauldequin
HMMMMMMMMMMM..........

OH AIANDY
another CTD dump, game was pulling me to a city, and scroll and :nuke:
probably same as the others...but hope it helps.
also. BLESS YOU AIANDY our hopes and lives rest in your capable hands!!
--
Ram

Anyways, onto something else...
Same CTD, next turn, i must be close to whatever beast is casuing it. Case it hates me with a passion.

Also heres a strange little piece, in the attached picture.
Education, Apprenticaship:
There is some color displacement, and what I assume is supposed to be entered down with the bonuses is in grey title, etc... just check the pic. :)

ohh boy, I had quite a few one day... i'll have to refind them. The Queen's English lol :p
Sevopedia
Unit: Ribauldequin
Strategy: Ribauldequin .,
Background: Ribauldequin
HMMMMMMMMMMM..........

Ram

That is just some being slack when they add units. I have added some background info for some of the cannons but the info I can find says that a Ribauldequin and Organ Gun are the same thing.

Yeah they are, I remeber reading about Ribauldequin/organ guns. Was wondering why they were separate units. Really though if you wanted to disinguish between them, you could list the number of barels and such. Different style Ribauldequin's were used by different countries during the 14th adn 15th centuries. Often they vareid from 9 to 12 barreles, so if you wanted to add some details between them you can just list the heavier as having a greater barrel count and therefore greater power. Or if you feel liek slacking I can just write up a quip for it. ;)

That is just some being slack when they add units. I have added some background info for some of the cannons but the info I can find says that a Ribauldequin and Organ Gun are the same thing.

The organ gun has 3 sides and is spun around so each set of barrels can fire at once. The Ribauldequin on the other hand has just a single volley of barrels in an arch. In short Ribauldequin tend to be wider and are loaded like cannons. The organ gun can be loaded vertically instead of horizontally as it turns. Thus speeding up re-loading times. It also means that even before firing there are 3 volleys ready to go.

I am not sure which has more barrels though. They are both the translation gun between cannons and a "gatling gun".

Hi! I'm having what seem to be some weird bugs. Or maybe I set up something on custom options that I shouldn't have...

I just discovered cartography and checked my rivals. All of them have mostly single population cities, except for one (usually their capital city) or two cities, which have maybe 10-15 pop (Medieval era). This is happening with all my rivals EXCEPT for the one that is closest in score to me. He has normal sized cities (20-25 pop, Medieval era).

I also noticed that except for this "top rival", the rest of them aren't picking a religion at all.

I'm attaching the save game.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sarg AD-1040.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Playing with REV On I'd bet and your top rival probably has a Spiritual leader trait.

Have you looked in the religion screen to see the distribution for founding religions? Is one AI founding most of them?

How many AI did you set up at game start? Has that number grown larger?

JosEPh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom