V2.5 Beta Testing

I seem to getting very regular crashes in the small map. Though I don't know what the cause may be, I have a feeling it's linked to Yuan Shu losing Shou Chun, because as soon as a lost the city (Zhang Fei got a lucky win!) the game crashed. Actually it crashed right as I lost the final combat, I never actually saw the city change hands.

EDIT: I can now say that all of my games, regardless of map size seem to crash within the first 10 turns. No good idea why though.

I have another save with repeatable crash. The latest file is Vince SanGuo B, and it's about one turn after the last autosave (AD 193 Early May). I've included all the autosaves that I could.

Attachments

• autosaves.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 228
Kenjister funny you should say that. (My Liu Chong game was me capturing Yuan Shu's final city which was Shou Chun). Why would it just affect him though? May be it's because it would a major shift in everybody's attitude once the public enemy is disposed of (like Dong Zhuo).

Speaking of which, a 190 AD Dong Zhuo scenario would be interesting (the major players being Liu Biao, Liu Yan (Liu Zhang's dad), Yuan Shao, and Yuan Shu, and minor players being Gongsun Zan, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Cao Cao and Liu Bei (who was in the service of Gongsun Zan). Lu Bu would be in his right element playing just a general. They would each have units encamped around Luoyang, and a logical move for whoever is playing Dong Zhuo would be to break out and escape to Chang An, and make peace with each of the players.

I'll do some testing to see whether all my crashes are related to Shou Chun falling. Usually it's due to Liu Bei, so if I'm right, then in the small map it should always crash around turn 4-7 since Liu Bei ALWAYS manages to take Shou Chun...

I really like the idea of a 190AD Scenario... I wonder if the early scenarios are already being planned out for the next phase (since it focuses on factions). I'd really like to see a 184 Yellow Turban Rebellion and the Dong Zhuo scenario. Perhaps the minor players in those maps can simply be set as vassals to the lord they were serving under. Makes sense thematically too!

Stmartin, thanks for the update. Did you fix the bug where if your hero was captured and you destroy the faction that's holding him captive, he is still imprisoned and you have no way to release them? (Just asking because not everybody has Sun Quan's might and escape)

Ah, totally missed that one.

Nice! Going to play right now :)

Btw, any idea when you will release the source code again? Or maybe I'm blind and it's already there...? Being a modder, I would really like to read the code of HotTK :)

The source code is always online here: http://code.google.com/p/sanguoforciv4/

If you haven't used SVN before, then it's a chance to learn a version control system. It's a vital tool to any software developing.

When I move my army the game crashes, also it doesn't have any action buttons. It happened after I upgraded some horses...

Attachments

• HTK - Ma Teng.CivBeyondSwordSave
    915.4 KB · Views: 217
Uploaded Beta 6, change list follows:

Code:
0.301: fix: fix a bug when a hero dies in combat his status is set to unemployed
			fix a bug when two players in the game use the same faction, the initial free hero would get duplicated
			fix a bug sometimes when a hero's unit combat levels are maximized he can still choose that promotion
			fix a CTD when capturing central city for a belief
			fix a bug that promote leader hero has no effect. (Now if leader hero and core troop hero both can be promoted, first promote core troop hero, then leader hero)
			fix a bug when upgrading units within an Army
			fix a bug in forming legion interface which would result in OOS Error
			fix a bug in random maps experience needed for first random hero do not match current hero number
			art: replacd Strong civic's button
	rule treak: capture enemy capital will now free our own heroes
			removed innate city attack penalty for Qiang Tribal Horsemen
			removed human players auto promote heroes
	Interface: in info screen of hero advisor player can now see heroes that are visible to him/her
			in prisoner screen of hero advisor add a button to initial hero trade directly as well as some help text
			the 'clear' choice in legion screen will no longer show if the legion/army cannot be dismissed

@Kenjister

I've tried to replicate the random hero bug, by using Zhang Jiao and let a barbarian win combat so he will reach the threshold before next turn. The screen pops up normally and the random hero appear normally. Also the change leader failure bug: I have tried to execute an enemy leader hero, the change leader function works. The next time you experience these two bugs, please keep a save game.

Ooh, beta 6, nice!

@ stmartin

as for the bugs, I haven't seen them reoccur since beta 5, so perhaps they were a one time issue.

EDIT: I noticed that whenever I select Zhang Yang's core troop in my current game that the message "WidgetTypes 186 help already registered" pops up on the notice list. It happens whenever control passes to the unit. Not really a bug, but can get a bit annoying at times.

EDIT2: I have a failed leaderchange here. Gongsun Zan was captured and excecuted by Yuan Shao, you can check that in the log, but is still the leader of his faction.

Attachments

• China Three Kingdoms.CivBeyondSwordSave
    209.1 KB · Views: 213
I don't see a Persuade button near my captured heroes anymore... I just took all of Liu Bei's cities but there is no option to persuade him (he's imprisoned.)

It appeared eventually, for one of the generic heroes. Subsequently I was able to use it on all of the other imprisoned heroes (in the same turn.)

Also, the legion cap doesn't seem to be correlated with leadership anymore. It appears to be based on hero level, instead. I have a hero with 7 in his legion.

I see the widget message too. Much more stable, probably because I didn't have an army head.
Finally won as Sha Mo Ke for monarch cultural victory (I could have gone for diplo or domination, seeing that all the western powers except for Ma Chao were my vassals, and I even have a foothold with Liu Chong as a vassal). Key point is to befriend Sun Ce so that he goes hunting Liu Biao instead of me.
Spoiler :

If you have multiple heroes selected with the Nine Transformation, clicking the Nine Transformation button brings up a transformation screen with no options and no way to get out except for closing and reopening the game.

When you're getting a new random general, the Event screens cancel it. (ie Largest Civ screen, Wealthiest civ screen, etc)

Also, in general you can use the tail-unit of a legion to attack, and then once it dies join another unit to the legion using the "join legion" button and then attack that same turn. This only doesn't work if you've used the core unit or the "lieutenant" unit (first unit after the core unit.)

I thought this trick (sacrificing a core unit troop then have another unit join it) was disabled several patches ago.
On the same note, right now there's no dismiss core troop button even if one of your troops is injured (very annoying because you do want to have fresh troops under your general).

Several issues:
1) If any prisoner is willing to surrender, the Persuade button does not go away and you can use it to persuade every prisoner you have.

2) If you Dismiss all your legions within the army (using dismiss legion), your army hero exists, but doesn't show up on screen, so you can't do anything with him. Then the game crashes when you try to End Turn.

3) WidgetTypes 168 help already registered shows up repeatedly.

4) Try highlighting the entire army in the attached save game, and then moving all the units as one. The game crashes immediately.

5) Try highlighting the core unit (Feng Lan/Advanced DanYang Army) in the army. It has no options. Earlier, I switched my core unit by having my core legion leave the army, and then rejoin it as a non-core unit. This was some turns ago.

6) I can't move everyone except the Army leader out of range (so that everyone disbands), either. The game crashes once I leave the range.

Attachments

• Vince CantQuit.CivBeyondSwordSave
    720.5 KB · Views: 225
@Raize

The best civ screen cancels random hero creation: does the create hero screen popup first, or second or not poping up at all?

As to the save game, if you still have some earlier saves, normal or auto, it would be great.

Just playing a Monarch Cao Cao game with the small map with no prebuilt cities. It's actually quite fun, having to build Luoyang and unable to build Xu Chang (because I'm all Division).
One interesting bug: even after a unit leaves a legion, if the legion general has 9 terrains, the unit will retain the 9 terrain promotion.
After you dismiss a legion, you have to click on one of the units to have the unattached general show up.
If possible, can you make heroes loyal to a dead civ (e.g. Liu Bei and Guan Yu) surrender quicker? It took forever for them to be persuadable, and only after Raize's bug (i.e. having a persuade button from another prisoner) was available.

@Raize

The best civ screen cancels random hero creation: does the create hero screen popup first, or second or not poping up at all?

As to the save game, if you still have some earlier saves, normal or auto, it would be great.

The Create Hero screen does pop-up, but it's interrupted and the hero never gets created.

See attachment for the autosaves.

Attachments

• auto.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 190
Another consistent crash. No armies this time (at least on my end.)

Attachments

• auto2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 208
3. see if hero's surrender, capture, die chance, etc. is proper. I would kind of like to see more heroes die, just because there is a lot of hero-bloat as the game runs on, with all the random generals being born.

4. what do you think of using experience and leadership to determine legion's maximum member. I think this makes the Army system redundant. The Army system is rather complicated, as you have to think which hero is properly complemented by which other hero, and a person with a lot of heroes has a disproportionate advantage over someone with just a few. I think this experience + leadership combination is good, and can be used in lieu of the Army system.

5. How to use leadership and might attributes better Honestly, I don't know what these attributes do.

6. How to adjust the customization option when creating random hero. Add explanations for what each of the emphasizes mean.

8. Any thought on the new and complex (probably too complex) Army system is welcome. Personally, I think the added layer is unnecessary and kind of cumbersome. It favors a strong / warmongering player too much.

Other I would like to see civil heroes; as opposed to war heroes, these heroes would boost the production/culture/happiness/whatever of the city they are sitting in. Unlike the "Renowned" characters, they wouldn't actually join the cities and could move about freely, only providing the bonus while they're there. I'd also prefer them to be not-your-team-specific -> as you could send the hero to an ally and boost production for him just by stationing the hero there.

Top Bottom