Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

I found the barbarian ship still can enter The Great Wall culture border, but the land unit working fine. So is that a bug?

and i cant even load a previous game from the game play interface,it will crash every time i loaded it. i only can load a game for the Main Menu interface.

and the religious sound is too loud, i forgot the name but its the ancient Egypt religion.

sorry for my bad English and thanks for doing this great mod!

Barbships entering culture borders with The Great Wall build is intended since the wall is on land, not on the sea.
Every game should be loaded from a fresh startet BtS client, BtS has difficulties clearing the allocated memory when loading the way you did.

Religion sounds have been adjusted in 2.71 and I don't have any problems with them.

and i cant even load a previous game from the game play interface,it will crash every time i loaded it. i only can load a game for the Main Menu interface....

Every so often I have this problem too and usually just go to the Main Menu to load my games.

Hey Zappara,

I really enjoy the mod that you have pulled together and created. I have spent many of hours playing this game and have relished the fact that now the game is much more complex and interesting. I am having a little trouble in this great game that I am playing and was wondering if you or anyone could help me out. I got a pretty good system (at least 4gb of ram and a good graphics card), but I do know that Civ 4 basically just has a hard time with handeling too much of itself. I am getting a crash to desktop everytime. I gotten before in the game, but was able to make some diplomacy deals that really changed it and allowed me to go for a couple of more turns...but now I think it is through.

Here is an attachment of the game...maybe that could help. :)

Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• England.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
I have a problem/possible bug. I've played two games in ver. 2.71 and in both it appears that the palace generates a crusader every few turns--even in 3000 BC!! What gives?

jimmygeo

Tried to play through twice with the attached savegame; twice failed.
Logs are included too. Hope this helps and you can solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Great mod and looking forward to 2.8 in October!
PPS. Just tried a 3rd time and now works?!? Can't delete the post so please use for informational purposes only. Maybe of value if indicative of something deeper.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed RoM 2.71 but I have a bug with the interface : there is no menu !

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed RoM 2.71 but I have a bug with the interface : there is no menu !

You have to switch language to english, then the letters of the menu will be shown.

I'm having again a problem that I had in 2.6.

My beacons aren't added to the research. I mean, they are while the turn is being processed, but when it's my turn, vanished.

Example: I have 0/300 for complete the research of some tech. My civ produces 30, so the turn countdown is 10 turns. When I press enter, 10 switches to 9 and the bar is 30/300. When it's complete, it's 0/300 again. Anybody already had this?

I have the impression it's something related to the cityscreen, because sometimes when I rearrange my citizens, I manage to fix the problem, just to rehappen a few turns later.

Could anybody help me with this? I didn't play RoM at this weekend at all... :(

I still didn't find a solution for this. I fear to start another game and have the same problem again. No one had this before???

Thank you DRJ it's all ok now.

youre welcome, have fun with RoM - Btw once a bit in the game there are a few modmods you might also want to use (have a look at ModMod subforum 'Modmod list' + 'universal MLF file')...

I still didn't find a solution for this. I fear to start another game and have the same problem again. No one had this before???

I've never had this either konrad, that's why I never answered.

Really sounds/looks like something in the research calculations is broken, or it's caught in a loop. And since I can't do XML or Python I don't know what to suggest except to re-install.

JosEPh :sad:

@BadaBing, and whoever else can help.

I configed the ini file like it said and now I have the complete logs for you. I hope you can figure this out cause I love this mod. My pc is high end with 4 g ram and 9800 gtx video card.

Thanks

Sorry I cant seem to add my logs, for some reason the folder is 438 mb???
The mplog.txt is 421 kb?

I found the barbarian ship still can enter The Great Wall culture border, but the land unit working fine. So is that a bug?

Well as far as I know the Chinese never built the wall in the waters so guess not. Get the great wall and build some sea defence which you later can upgrade to explore the new land with great speed.

Heres this file I thought you might want to see.

Attachments

• PythonDbg.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 59
I believe the Great Wall works by limiting barbarians from entering your territory. In the worldbuilder, if you place barbarians IN your territory, nothing stops them from continuing to pillage your lands. The game only stops them from ENTERING. Now, this is key, as a few of Zappara and BTS random events spawn barbarians IN your territory. See the problem? I doubt anyone can fix this, but if you want, I would bring it up to the Better AI forum, as they might be able to fix this. This is just the kind of rare bug they like to tackle.

Hey umm i was playing as romans today and im in the modern era. Im looking to found Alumminum Co. I have Rocketry, a Great Scientist, and both coal & bauxite ore. But it won't let me found it. The button for it is greyed out but it doesn't have anymore prerequisites for me. Also a few turns later i got a GM but it wouldn't let me found Sid sushi even with all the prerequisites. Any ideas?

Hey umm i was playing as romans today and im in the modern era. Im looking to found Alumminum Co. I have Rocketry, a Great Scientist, and both coal & bauxite ore. But it won't let me found it. The button for it is greyed out but it doesn't have anymore prerequisites for me. Also a few turns later i got a GM but it wouldn't let me found Sid sushi even with all the prerequisites. Any ideas?

Did you have the tech "Corporations?"

Otherwise, I have no idea...

Top Bottom