Version 4.1 Discussion Thread

Quick update: Still working on it.

I'm going to post the notes and mention a few key things as soon as I get down to just the AI merge being left, but I keep finding and/or thinking of stuff to do before that, so it's taking a while. Look for this more-substantial update in a couple more days, hehe.

The good news is, I've fixed a ton of bugs, and made a bunch of really nice improvements, so far. I'm very excited about how well 4.2 is shaping up. :)

So, a couple days ago I made a terrible, horrible mistake. ... I loaded up C2C again, lol.

My opinion on that mod as a whole hasn't changed, but I wanted to glance over their tech tree again, specifically to see if there were any ideas I'd overlooked in the last 8 years for shoring up my late-Medieval and early-Renaissance tech columns (which have always felt a little thin, to be honest).

Unfortunately, I found a fair amount of stuff I wanted to add, and was reminded of some other stuff I'd seen before but passed on at the time, as well. Sooo I'm still in the process of dealing with all that, lol. You're gonna have to give me a couple more days. ;)

(I've been working on this update 8+ hours a day for several weeks now though, so I promise it'll be worth it.)

Did you notice that C2C is now a slimmer model than before?

Bi-monthly drop in to check progress. :)

JosEPh :)

Did you notice that C2C is now a slimmer model than before?

Not really. Regardless, it still has 10 times as many units, buildings, techs, resources, etc as I do. Despite copying my awesome colored-by-era-tech-buttons idea (probably without giving me credit, as usual), its tech tree is still 4 times wider, with a spider web of link lines that I can't even begin to follow. It still takes forever to load. It still has a huge brick wall of game option settings I can't even begin to penetrate. The mod files themselves, as well as most of the in-game content, still lack any significant level of organization, making it very difficult to find anything. And my terrain and water graphics still look WAY better, in my opinion.

Bi-monthly drop in to check progress. :)

Ugh, I know, I know. I'm so sorry, it's taking forever lol. The last couple days were spent setting stats on all the new animal units, and updating the stats on the existing ones. I finally caved in and thoroughly researched every single freaking one on Wikipedia... One example: my previous assumptions and vague memory about what an Orangutan really was were waaaay off, lol.

But yes, I'm still planning to do a big forum update very soon. I have the 4.1b release notes I made back when I almost released it, I'm gonna post the 4.2 patch notes thus far, and I was also gonna put up a brand-new, current, amalgamated tech tree screenshot, cuz it's been a while since I last did that. :) Gimme, like, 2 more days. I swear. :p

Ugh, I know, I know. I'm so sorry, it's taking forever lol. The last couple days were spent setting stats on all the new animal units, and updating the stats on the existing ones. I finally caved in and thoroughly researched every single freaking one on Wikipedia... One example: my previous assumptions and vague memory about what an Orangutan really was were waaaay off, lol.

Hehe, what's new about orangutans? :)

But yes, I'm still planning to do a big forum update very soon. I have the 4.1b release notes I made back when I almost released it, I'm gonna post the 4.2 patch notes thus far, and I was also gonna put up a brand-new, current, amalgamated tech tree screenshot, cuz it's been a while since I last did that. :) Gimme, like, 2 more days. I swear. :p

Sounds great!

Hehe, what's new about orangutans? :)

They're a little stronger, and a little larger graphically. I was under the mistaken ignorant assumption before, that they were some type of monkey, rather than a great ape. Oops. The Boar and Grizzly Bear (renamed from generic "Bear") are Peak-native now, and the Cave Bear is Can Only Defend. Stuff like that. The BULK of the research centered on the boatload of NEW animals I added, but I read up on everything, heh.

I also have two new (and original!) code features already done that make certain animals more fun. Just lemme finish cleaning up my short-list of line-item to-do's so I can shift gears, heh.

:scan:
:wavey:

JosEPh ;)

I had to go to my regular chiropractor and allergy shot things both of the last two days... Plus the French Open is on, woohoo... But I still got a lot done. :) There's just soooo much to go through with a fine-tooth turkey if you want EVERYTHING done EXACTLY right.

I already got the tech tree screenshot (mostly) done yesterday. Still have to add the year range text, which I can't just re-use cuz I did it on a 1920x1200 monitor in the past, heh. But I should have it up later today. Appreciate your patience!

I have met many chiropractors in my lifetime. I've liked almost everyone of them. Especially when my hip or lower back goes out. I have an extra vertabrae in my back, long torso and short legs...ugh!

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom