VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.1)

Agiwan

Warlord
Hello,
You can find modpacks for Vox Populi here!

Important note: From VP version 4.7.1 the squads modmod has been integrated to the main mod. You can use it in soloplayer but DO NOT USE IT IN MULTIPLAYER as nothing is synced between players when using it.

Modpacks versions:​

VP Only modpack without EUI: 4.7.1_VP.zip

VP Only modpack with EUI: 4.7.1_VP-EUI.zip

VP + ¾ UC (Link), Even More Resources for Vox Populi (Link) and supersettler* (from Link modified by Seroperson) modpack with EUI: 4.7.1_VP-SSEM-EUI.zip

*This modmod allows the first settler to move farther (4 moves here) and to see farther at turn 0. It helps finding a good spot and seeing if the map is good for everyone (really useful in multiplayer as setting-up a multiplayer game can take a lot of time if something like 5 turns is needed to assess if the map is fair or if a restart is needed).

Modpacks (newest and older) link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sv2p7jq2TaZNqtuuVFf3bJc_bCPgIEW_?usp=sharing

Spoiler What is a modpack? :

What is a modpack?​

A modpack behaves like a “fake” expansion for the game. It will allow you to play with your mods without using the “Mod” menu from the main game menu. It will also let you use your mods in multiplayer.

Spoiler How to install a modpack: :

How to install a modpack:​

(To use VP, you must have your game in English.)
  • Search for the Civ's DLC folder. The path should be something like C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC.
  • Delete your old modpack if you already have one.
  • Extract the downloaded .zip inside the DLC folder. It should add “ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI”, “UI_bc1” to your DLC folder:
    1692653372937.png
  • Before the first launch of the game delete the Cache folder from "Documents\my games\Civilization 5"
  • Now you should NOT use the mod menu from the game's main menu !
This installation needs to be done by every players in case of online multiplayer game: the exact same modpack needs to be used on each PC.

Spoiler How to use VP fixed Map scripts/custom Map scripts using a modpack: :

How to use VP fixed Map scripts/custom Map scripts using a modpack:​

When you use a modpack the Map scripts need to be added inside the Assets\Maps folder, for every player in case of a Multiplayer game:
  • Create a save of this folder (if you want to recover vanilla map scripts in the future): C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps
  • Copy the map scripts from here :
  • C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK\Mods\(2) Vox Populi\Mapscripts
  • To here:
  • C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps
  • Copy all the map scripts you want to play in the same folder: C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps
This installation is required for every player in case of multiplayer game: everyone needs to have the map script you will play inside their Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps folder.

Spoiler How to uninstall a modpack: :

How to uninstall a modpack:​

• Search for the Civ's DLC folder. The path should be something like C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC.
  • Delete “ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI”, “UI_bc1”.
  • If you want to play VP as a "normal mod" you need to install it normally using the auto-installer.
  • Bring back your old "C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps" folder to bring back Vanilla map scripts.
  • Before the first launch of the game after uninstalling the modpack, delete the Cache folder from "Documents\my games\Civilization 5"

Spoiler How to report a Multiplayer problem on Github: :

How to report a Multiplayer problem on Github:​

Every player must have logging activated, here is the official guide to activate them:
Logs provide some useful information on AI decisions and other problems
  • Logging can be enabled in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\config.ini
  • Set the following options to 1:
  • ValidateGameDatabase
  • LoggingEnabled
  • MessageLog
  • AILog
  • AIPerfLog
  • BuilderAILog
  • PlayerAndCityAILogSplit
  • Make sure to save your changes! Enabling logging only needs to be done once each time the game is installed.
  • The log files will now be written to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Logs
Every players must have autosaves activated:
  • Launch the game
  • Click on "Option"
  • In “GAME OPTIONS” Set 1 to “Turns Between Autosave” and 500 to “Max Autosaves Kept”.
After a Crash to desktop or after quitting the game each player needs to gather their logs from “My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Logs” to another folder named with the last turn played and player pseudo (for example “Turn 144 Agiwan”). It is needed because most of the logs are erased when a game is loaded (even if it is the same game).

If problems “Desyncs, CTDs” are encountered, all logs and autosaves from each player must be gathered in a same archive. The autosaves can be found here: My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Saves\multi\auto.
Create a report on VoxPopuli Github (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues), do not forget to add a link to the modpacks used.

Spoiler How to create my own VP Modpack: :

How to create my own VP Modpack:​

This guide is mostly inspired by this one: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/
You can also use this guide (basically the same, with good explanations): https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack

Some modmods are not compatible with Multiplayer (by using some Lua function like “math.random()” for example).
@seroperson advice:
"If you are compiling modpack for MP games, I don't recommend to add a lot of mods. There are many mods which are incompatible with MP: they may cause desyncs, crashes and so on. The less your modpack is, the more stable it is.
Personally I think the most dope combo is: VP, 3/4 UC, supersetttler, More Wonders, Even More Resources. Such combo is stable, tested and has a lot of content besides original VP."

Preparation:

Download the file at the bottom of the first post in this link and put it in your mods folder ("..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS")
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/
  • Install “Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK” using steam (free)
  • In the config.ini file in your "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5" folder change "EnableTuner = 0" by "EnableTuner = 1" then save the file.
  • Install the mods you want to include in your modpacks here "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS". If you install VP with EUI ensure that “VPUI” and “UI_bc1” are present in your DLC folder “C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC”.
  • Delete your old modpack if you already have one in your DLC folder (keep“VPUI” and “UI_bc1” if you want to create a VP modpack with EUI).
  • Delete the cache folder from here "Documents\my games\Civilization 5"
Main Step:
  • Start Firetuner using “Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK”.
  • Start Civ 5.
  • In the Mods menu, load all desired mods, as well as "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v. 1)" (which should be on the list)
  • Start a single player mod game with any settings using continent map.
  • Once game is loaded (the game will be unplayable: this is normal), switch to fire tuner. The active tab should be "Lua Console". Below the tab name, there is a dropdown menu. Select the MPMP_Maker from that list (should be one of the first, the name may be truncated but will start with "\Users\[yourName]\Documents").
  • Type CreateMP() into the command line at the bottom and press enter.
  • It will seem to be stuck on "\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\MultiPlayer Modpack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying: Language_en_US". This is also normal.
  • Once civ 5 begins working again, and if there are no errors noted in firetuner, exit out of civ 5 entirely and close firetuner.
  • Your modpack has been created here: "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK".
  • Look inside the "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK\Mods" folder. If all your selected mods have been successfully copied you have nothing to do, if not (may occur on newest versions of Windows) you have to manually copy all of them from "Documents\my games\Civilization 5\MODS" (do not copy "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)" !) to "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK\Mods".
  • Navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua" and delete “InGame.lua” file.
  • Delete the cache folder from here "Documents\my games\Civilization 5"
  • Your modpack is ready to use. Create an archive with “MP_MODPACK”, “VPUI” and “UI_bc1” if you want to share it.

Spoiler How to prevent late game memory CTDs: :

How to prevent late game memory CTDs (as much as possible):​

Late game CTDs are mostly due to excessive memory usage (thanks to the 32 bits .exe…). You can lower some graphics to consume less memory. For solo play the most important is to set “Leader Scene Quality” to “Minimum”. Using standard or small maps also help. Really important: Turn off “yield icons” when you enter industrial era and for the rest of the game (every human player must do it!). If you prefer to use them try to not zoom-out a lot.

The higher your ingame resolution is, the more likely you will encounter late game memory related CTDs.

Multiplayer VP is a work in progress:​

Even if lately the stability of VP multiplayer improved by a lot, there are still some issues (Desyncs, CTDs etc.). If you have problems please fill a report on Github.

Personal thanks to @seroperson for all his work for Vox Populi and particularly his work on the multiplayer. Thanks to @brutalz for his previous post that helped me to do this one.

Do not hesitate to share your own modpacks, with the VP version attached to it.

English is not my native language, do not hesitate to correct me ! :love:

Last edited:
So..i wanna play w "VP Only modpack with EUI (last updated version)" what folder i choose to put in DLC?

Attachments

• mp.png
    mp.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 316
i did this but the game crashes
So..i wanna play w "VP Only modpack with EUI (last updated version)" what folder i choose to put in DLC?
You have to extract the whole archive inside the DLC folder, it should look like that:

1692653232622.png

I will edit the main post to make it more clear. Thank you !

Last edited:
Really important: Turn off “yield icons” when you enter industrial era and for the rest of the game (every human player must do it!).
Not mandatory. You can choose to not zoom out (use the default zoom level) instead.

Navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua" and delete “InGame.lua” file.
To make sure everything's compatible, you should be copying the last lines of the InGame.lua in the Gameplay folder (with "Context" something) into the (1) InGame.lua, and then delete the former file instead.

Also, new Windows versions usually block mods from being copied into the modpack. In that case, you need to manually copy them from your MODS folder.

I think this guide is missing a key point: modpack updates. It seems to me that it should be clarified that the folders “ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI”, “UI_bc1” must not be forgotten to be deleted before installing a new version (and also when creating your own modpack!)

I will update the main post with your advices, thank you ! @azum4roll can you explain the InGame.lua stuff please ? I need to understand it well and test it myself to edit the creating modpack part.
Is it that important to have the complete InGame.lua inside (1) instead of inside UI folder ? Both are fairly comparable except for the "context" lines (attached picture), maybe it is easier to just CUT/PAST the InGame.lua from UI folder Into the "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua" folder instead of edit (1) InGame.lua ?
Or maybe I miss something ?
1692718556532.png

Last edited:
I think this guide is missing a key point: modpack updates. It seems to me that it should be clarified that the folders “ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI”, “UI_bc1” must not be forgotten to be deleted before installing a new version (and also when creating your own modpack!)
Do you mean that "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" should be deleted before running "CreateMP()" on Firetuner? I tried that and I got missing texture errors followed by Firetuner crashing. Also @Agiwan does CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll still need to be removed and replaced before and after running "CreateMP()"? I followed your steps and I'm getting missing textures and fonts errors - this time I left "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" in the DLC folder untouched from a fresh VP installation.

Also you may want to include the step right before "CreateMP()" to temporarily turn off realtime protection on Windows Defender, Avast etc. which makes the process take 20 seconds instead of 2 hours.

Do you mean that "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" should be deleted before running "CreateMP()" on Firetuner? I tried that and I got missing texture errors followed by Firetuner crashing. Also @Agiwan does CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll still need to be removed and replaced before and after running "CreateMP()"? I followed your steps and I'm getting missing textures and fonts errors - this time I left "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" in the DLC folder untouched from a fresh VP installation.

Also you may want to include the step right before "CreateMP()" to temporarily turn off realtime protection on Windows Defender, Avast etc. which makes the process take 20 seconds instead of 2 hours.
You need to keep "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" in your DLC folder to create a modpack with EUI.
You do not need to remove or move "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" to create a VP modpack.

I didn't include the real-time protection elements because it never gave me problems. It takes less than one minute to create the modpack even with real-time protection on (On my windows 10). Tell me if you have problem with it so I can edit the post and add the real-time protection stuffs.

Normaly I have removed all "not-needed" steps to create the modpack (when using VoxPopuli).

Please tell me if you managed to create your modpack, if not what are the mods you want to use in your modpack ?

Last edited:
Thanks for making this thread! Looking forward to trying out these official modpacks.

Last edited:
Regarding the latest version (3.8) I will wait a bit before doing some modpacks. I prefer to wait a few days because it is a big update and bugs may appear and bug fixes may not be savegames compatible.

I will update the main post with your advices, thank you ! @azum4roll can you explain the InGame.lua stuff please ? I need to understand it well and test it myself to edit the creating modpack part.
Is it that important to have the complete InGame.lua inside (1) instead of inside UI folder ? Both are fairly comparable except for the "context" lines (attached picture), maybe it is easier to just CUT/PAST the InGame.lua from UI folder Into the "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua" folder instead of edit (1) InGame.lua ?
Or maybe I miss something ?
View attachment 670448
Weird, my lua files have lots of differences. The one in (1) is always correct so I copy the LoadNewContext lines to that one.

You need to keep "VPUI" and "UI_bc1" in your DLC folder to create a modpack with EUI.
You do not need to remove or move "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" to create a VP modpack.

I didn't include the real-time protection elements because it never gave me problems. It takes less than one minute to create the modpack even with real-time protection on (On my windows 10). Tell me if you have problem with it so I can edit the post and add the real-time protection stuffs.

Normaly I have removed all "not-needed" steps to create the modpack (when using VoxPopuli).

Please tell me if you managed to create your modpack, if not what are the mods you want to use in your modpack ?
:hammer2:I realised not all mods were being copied into the modpack folder! For anyone else getting "could not load font XML file" and "unable to load texture" errors, your mods most likely did not copy properly from Documents>My Games>Sid Meier's Civilization 5>MODS into steamapps>common>Sid Meier's Civilization V>Assets>DLC>MP_MODSPACK>Mods. Also yes, you are correct, I made a modpack without moving "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" and with Windows Defender realtime protection on and did not have any issues/longer waiting time!

Mods in the modpack are below, I've been able to start up both singleplayer and multiplayer games and run a few turns, but now I'm getting an issue where I can't click on the "Make Event Choice" button.

1692765836150.png

"I can't click on the "Make Event Choice" button." - A sure sign that the modpack was created incorrectly. I had this and it has something to do with the VPUI/UI_bc1 folders I think.

:hammer2:I realised not all mods were being copied into the modpack folder! For anyone else getting "could not load font XML file" and "unable to load texture" errors, your mods most likely did not copy properly from Documents>My Games>Sid Meier's Civilization 5>MODS into steamapps>common>Sid Meier's Civilization V>Assets>DLC>MP_MODSPACK>Mods. Also yes, you are correct, I made a modpack without moving "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" and with Windows Defender realtime protection on and did not have any issues/longer waiting time!

Mods in the modpack are below, I've been able to start up both singleplayer and multiplayer games and run a few turns, but now I'm getting an issue where I can't click on the "Make Event Choice" button.

View attachment 670508
Have you access to monopoly tab ? Something might be wrong with the InGame. lua, maybe you can try aZum4roll advice about it.

View attachment 670508
You may want to wait a bit for me to update my mod...

You may want to wait a bit for me to update my mod...
You mean your Misc Tweaks for VP mod? Don't think it was causing problems but I've removed it anyway. Also I don't have an "InGame.lua" with the "LoadNewContext" lines at the end in my Assets\Gameplay folder, but I do have one in the MP_MODSPACK\UI folder. I copied those "LoadNewContext" lines into the "InGame.lua" at MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 118)\Core Files\CoreLua. However, to add on to my last post, I had to copy all my loaded mods from My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS into MP_MODSPACK\Mods, even the mods which were successfully copied over by Firetuner, otherwise I would get texture/font errors. So my modpack looks like this, note the duplicates:

1692793368300.png

And to repeat, it was the "InGame.lua" of the "(1) Community Patch (v118)" that I added lines to, which is the folder that was created by Firetuner.

This fixed my issue with events, and brought back Monopolies etc., I've successfully had 115 turns of an AI only multiplayer game so far.

You mean your Misc Tweaks for VP mod? Don't think it was causing problems but I've removed it anyway. Also I don't have an "InGame.lua" with the "LoadNewContext" lines at the end in my Assets\Gameplay folder, but I do have one in the MP_MODSPACK\UI folder. I copied those "LoadNewContext" lines into the "InGame.lua" at MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 118)\Core Files\CoreLua. However, to add on to my last post, I had to copy all my loaded mods from My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS into MP_MODSPACK\Mods, even the mods which were successfully copied over by Firetuner, otherwise I would get texture/font errors. So my modpack looks like this, note the duplicates:

View attachment 670535

And to repeat, it was the "InGame.lua" of the "(1) Community Patch (v118)" that I added lines to, which is the folder that was created by Firetuner.

This fixed my issue with events, and brought back Monopolies etc., I've successfully had 115 turns of an AI only multiplayer game so far.
Thank for the info, you did good. I think aZum4roll wanted to say the UI folder and not the gameplay folder to find the InGame.lua.
I will update the main post about these InGame.lua stuff.

Really sorry don't mean to spam this thread but I just realised city states aren't spawning with my modpack. Some other issues/observations:

-Strategic view crashes the game
-Firetuner connects to an MP game when you load it, but not when you host one

Last edited:
Top Bottom