VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.3)

there's no difference w/ 43 civ from non-43-civ as far as making a modpack goes. see OP under the quoted heading and follow instructions there:
@Tekamthi could you do it and then post screenshots of every step (it wouldn't only help me, a novice at modding, it'd help anyone wanting to play hotseat with all 43 civs). I ask because the instructions don't touch on the specific 43 civs part and even the author, @Agiwan, doesn't seem to know how it's done (I'm not trying to slight him). Since you've done it before, Tekamthi, I'm sure he'd also appreciate your knowledge on this aspect. What do you think?

The next time I make one I will do this, but it may be a while. I imagine others have made one on recent version its just a matter of calling their attention to this thread somehow.

I've been under the assumption you at least have the 43-civ version of VP mod installed? Thats really all it takes as far as 43-civ goes. If you're completely new to the 43-civ version of the mod, then you have to specifically select the 43-civ version in the VP installer -- its the same VP installer though, all bundled together.

So, for 43-civ modpack, as additional prep to the instructions in OP, I would suggest the following:
  1. In the "preparation" phase of the OP instruction, make sure you install the 43-civ version of VP via the all-in-one installer for latest version of VP
  2. load all your desired mods (for 1st time through this process just use VP, keep it simple til you can confirm success) but WITHOUT activating the modpack maker, and test for a ~dozen turns in-game, specifically confirm you can add 43-civs and everything plays as expected through first few turns
  3. Quit and return to mod menu, make sure all the mods you just tested are still checked/active
  4. begin the "main step" in the OP instruction
I think the biggest pitfall of this process is once you add the modpack maker mod, the game will appear unplayable -- its mentioned in the instruction but worth repeating; when this happens just ignore the UI glitch and proceed to the firetuner stuff as described in OP. Its hacky and feels broken at that part, but we've all had to muck through this, the instructions here are solid. Its slightly easier if you run civ 5 in windowed mode, but you can still alt+tab if not

Last edited:
Okay, probably dumb question, but where do you put this stuff for single players? (I don't have that steam folder at all)

The next time I make one I will do this, but it may be a while. I imagine others have made one on recent version its just a matter of calling their attention to this thread somehow.

I've been under the assumption you at least have the 43-civ version of VP mod installed? Thats really all it takes as far as 43-civ goes. If you're completely new to the 43-civ version of the mod, then you have to specifically select the 43-civ version in the VP installer -- its the same VP installer though, all bundled together.

So, for 43-civ modpack, as additional prep to the instructions in OP, I would suggest the following:
  1. In the "preparation" phase of the OP instruction, make sure you install the 43-civ version of VP via the all-in-one installer for latest version of VP
  2. load all your desired mods (for 1st time through this process just use VP, keep it simple til you can confirm success) but WITHOUT activating the modpack maker, and test for a ~dozen turns in-game, specifically confirm you can add 43-civs and everything plays as expected through first few turns
  3. Quit and return to mod menu, make sure all the mods you just tested are still checked/active
  4. begin the "main step" in the OP instruction
I think the biggest pitfall of this process is once you add the modpack maker mod, the game will appear unplayable -- its mentioned in the instruction but worth repeating; when this happens just ignore the UI glitch and proceed to the firetuner stuff as described in OP. Its hacky and feels broken at that part, but we've all had to muck through this, the instructions here are solid. Its slightly easier if you run civ 5 in windowed mode, but you can still alt+tab if not
@Agiwan, he is instructing us on how it is possible to create a mod with 43 playable civs. I've never modded before, and this (along with your instructions posted on the first page), looks like a lot of work on my end. I assume that you already have most of it done (being that you wrote the instructions). You only need to do this little part and then upload the mod files to Steam.

Is it too much to ask if you could quickly create this as a mod anyone could subscribe to on Steam?

@Agiwan, he is instructing us on how it is possible to create a mod with 43 playable civs. I've never modded before, and this (along with your instructions posted on the first page), looks like a lot of work on my end. I assume that you already have most of it done (being that you wrote the instructions). You only need to do this little part and then upload the mod files to Steam.

Is it too much to ask if you could quickly create this as a mod anyone could subscribe to on Steam?
Yeah I can create a 43civs modpack. I am not at home for the moment, I come back this Sunday.
For me it is easier to just copy past 3 folders instead of use steam (I have no idea on how to create something on steam, and it is way less versatile than chose your version and install it manually by copy paste some folders).
No, just normal games. I don't have the DLC folder in my single player install.
Every base Civ5 installation should have a DLC folder. Maybe you have installed Civ5 in another location than the default one ?

Yeah I can create a 43civs modpack. I am not at home for the moment, I come back this Sunday.
For me it is easier to just copy past 3 folders instead of use steam (I have no idea on how to create something on steam, and it is way less versatile than chose your version and install it manually by copy paste some folders).

Every base Civ5 installation should have a DLC folder. Maybe you have installed Civ5 in another location than the default one ?
So it'll be posted here or on Mod DB? Perhaps we could find someone who knows how to take those files and make them available on Steam. Someone in this very thread might know.

@Tekamthi, any ideas?

A modpack is not a mod from civ 5 engine perspective. Look at instructions, everything works completely differently, its different folders etc. I am not familiar with Mod DB.

Anyway, though its not simple the way we'd like, the modpack maker is really not a difficult process, you just need to find the will to do it and in 20 mins it will be done. Once you've done it successfully the first time its more like 5 mins thereafter. If you can figure out how to download mods from this website and place them in the right folder, you have all the skills necessary.

I will post them here, and you will have to follow the modpacks installation process (copy the folders inside the DLC folder). If you want to create your own modpack the difficult part is mainly the first time. After that you will have everything already set up.

Last edited:
Hello, I can see on Discord and Github that there are still CTD issues with the latest version (3.10.4). I'll wait a bit to see if a new version comes before creating the modpacks. Multiplayer is already more prone to issues, so we need to use a version which is the most stable possible.

Hi,
Unfortunately, and I don't know why, but I can't get the 43civs part to work in a modpack. It works fine as a normal mod but when I try it using a modpack I can't select more than the 22 "base" civilizations.

I will need help with this!

Sorry :(

So
It was probably close to 5 years ago I last made one, it def worked back then but VP's seen a lot of changes since

If its broken now, I can only speculate, but I'm guessing it occurred when devs moved the functionality of the vanilla 'Worlds' table to other tables and/or the dll
So you think it's impossible?
Updated to 3.10.8 \o/
Do you think the updated version will help with 43 civs hotseat?

So

So you think it's impossible?

Do you think the updated version will help with 43 civs hotseat?
Looking at discord there will be a 3.10.9 update soon. I will try again the 43 civs mod when it will be out.

Top Bottom