[Warlords] Modern Warfare Mod

I recently downloaded your Mod and loaded it but when I reach the modern era none of the upgrades are there.It looks like a great Mod and I was so eager to see it in action I stayed up late one night and let a game meander into 1902 but still no new units have come up.
Any idea why?

HulaLoula said:
I recently downloaded your Mod and loaded it but when I reach the modern era none of the upgrades are there.It looks like a great Mod and I was so eager to see it in action I stayed up late one night and let a game meander into 1902 but still no new units have come up.
Any idea why?

Are you sure it was loaded correctly? A good way to check would be to look in the Civilopedia. If you can't see the new units there, then chances are that it's not. Make sure you've extracted the file to the warlords/mods directory, and in game gone to 'advanced' then 'load a mod.' Select 'Modern Warfare' and 'OK.' It should temporarily close the game, then reload it as the mod. Again, check the Civilopedia now to make sure it's running.

HulaLoula said:
Any idea why?

When you extract a zip file, you often have the path Warlords\Mods\The_Mod_You_Want\The_Mod_You_Want instead of Warlords\Mods\The_Mod_You_Want
That's probably why the Mod is not loaded...

Nice job with bomber :)

So the problem may be I'm loading into Mods/Modern_Warfare\Modern Warfare?It starts the game up and I see the modern warfare line next to Init and all that but it never shows up in the Civilapedia.I've become so frustrated that I called CompUSA and told a guy there I'd give him $100 to teach me how to install these mods.I don't understand why it shows up while rebooting but doesnt appear in-game.

It should look like the above. If not, make it look like that. If it still doesn't work after that, then post some screenshots of the process you use. Also of your file directories. Then we could see what might be going wrong.

I unzip to warlord\mods, right?Also I appreciate all the help you're giving me.I'm glad someone is helping me or I think I would commit haire kaire trying to figure this **** out.

I have a suggestion for this mod although I can't seem to get it working.The Philadelphia experiment should maybe be implemented as a wonder with the unit it produces a ship (The Eldridge I believe) that can move completely undetected much like the conspiracy buffs think the Eldridge teleported from New York to Norfolk.Just my humble idea

HulaLoula said:
I unzip to warlord\mods, right?Also I appreciate all the help you're giving me.I'm glad someone is helping me or I think I would commit haire kaire trying to figure this **** out.

What I do is unzip the file to my desktop, then move it into the Warlords/Mods directory. Try that and see if it works. Make sure once you open Warlords (not normal Civ4) you goto Advanced->Load a Mod-> then click on 'Modern Warfare' and 'OK' when the popup shows up saying it will have to re-load the game. When it reloads you should be playing the mod. Check the civilopedia under the units sections, you should see many more than before!

Have you considered adding another CIV -- like Austria or Austria-Hungary ?
I love to play as either of those -- playing as Germany is usually my "fall back" position. I'd really like to see the Austrian Flag flying and some KuK Infantry :)

I finally figured it out snafu!Thnax much for the patience and help.Is there any way to run your Mod with the expanded Civics mod by Aussie?

Glad it works!!! Feel free to let me know what you think about it now that you can play it!

I finally figured it out snafu!Thnax much for the patience and help.Is there any way to run your Mod with the expanded Civics mod by Aussie?
Not at the moment. You could merge the 2 together, thought depending on how many files they have in common it could take a good amount of work.

i was playing ur mod and i had some ideas, i'm realy a fan of ships. i'd lik to see new ones like the andrea doria for italy, graf spee for germany, and mabye u can have an upgrade path for carriers.

An update w/ the new units is scheduled for sometime next week.

i was playing ur mod and i had some ideas, i'm realy a fan of ships. i'd lik to see new ones like the andrea doria for italy, graf spee for germany, and mabye u can have an upgrade path for carriers.

More ships are planned for future releases. They take up a lot of time - a plane/tank can take an evening, whereas a ship can take several days worth of work. The French battleship Dunkerque is in the works (soon) as is the Japanese Kagero class destroyer and US Essex class of carriers. The research is done on over a dozen, it's just a matter of sitting down and making them. I do plan to make a WW2 Carrier class, and a later nuclear class carrier. All in good time though...

i would lik to help, but i'm not exactly knowlagable in modding, buti would lik to learn and maybe help u out in making units. any places i could learn how to do this, and what program woud i need to do this?

Lord Dom said:
i would lik to help, but i'm not exactly knowlagable in modding, buti would lik to learn and maybe help u out in making units. any places i could learn how to do this, and what program woud i need to do this?

AWESOME!

First, check out this thread for some basic info. I do all of my modeling in 3ds Max, though you could also use Bender (Bender is free, 3ds Max is not). Make sure you get the plugins so you can export models into the civ4 format (.nif for models, .kfm/kf for animations).

After you have the programs, start modeling! It takes a while to start out. I was lucky that I've used a lot of modeling software before I started doing work in Civ4. However, it won't take long to get the hang of it if you practice enough. http://www.3dtotal.com/ has a lot of good tutorials on modeling/texturing. If you want to see how far I've come, just check out this thread. Those rockets were my first units ever, and I'd like to think I've come a long way from there!

With learning anything new, just have patience and practice, practice, practice! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. There are also several other active unit makers out there (asioasioasio, ArdRaeiss, Rabbit White, & sharick) that should be very helpful in creating units.

Again, good luck and PRACTICE!

Really should've said this before but better late than never right :D This is really an amazing mod and I'm really stocked about some of the upcoming units, that APC with the soldiers inside - awesome! :goodjob:

Top Bottom